NEurope
Retro_Link

Nintendo Collectables!

@hebilea, posting pictures of your own collection isn't just allowed, it's great. Edited by Cube

That's why I only went for the two F4F statues that I really wanted, if I had a lot more money and a place of my own then I would likely buy a lot more of them but alas I'm still living at home. :indeed:

At the moment I'm currently in the process of having a clear-out and moving things around but when I next get a chance I'll take some pictures of the statues and try to round up the few Nintendo plushes/small figures that I have; your plush collection is very nice :) I reckon you and @ChloboShoka would get on well as I seem to recall that she has quite the plush collection as well.

You're fine to post pictures of your collection, I wouldn't mind seeing a more recent picture if your setup too if you get around it. : peace:

@hebilea, posting pictures of your own collection isn't just allowed, it's great.

Well thank you Cube, it really means a lot to me :D

I had the chance to take a picture of what it looks at the moment (please ignore the bad lighting, that's the best picture I could do + some of the mess, need to redo some of those shelves XD), hope you enjoy! Thank you :D

LrBqd95.jpg

Cool, as much as I want to own even one figure from F4F, I rather spend the money on more things at once. I would love to see how your collection looks like!

This is a veeery old picture of mine, I should take a picture of what it currently looks like (but some cabinets are the same), I hope this is allowed to share, if not, please let me know and I will delete it :)

411928_original.jpg

Haha, that poor Charmander at the front looks like it's squashed against the glass.

Haha, that poor Charmander at the front looks like it's squashed against the glass.

Which one? I make sure that neither of my plushies stick to the glass :)

Those are some nice DS´s. Makes me realise that I don't have any real collector items, though I wonder what would be the the most valuable item in my collection.. It might be the Play-yan micro. Seems to go for $ 100,- + easily used.

Everyone should have a customized DS xD

i saw some "fakes" on ebay, with different skins like naruto and dragonball... kinda cool, but not original :/

Got my first package from Amazon.co.jp today (I´ve had .us, .co.uk, and .fr before, and I´ve been eyeing things on .de).

nendoroid_red.png

My first time forwarding a package is a success.

(and BiJ were nice enough to put a lower value on the package, resulting in no custom charge, making the total cost comparable to a non-forwarded Nendoroid).

That plush Politoad is amazing.

Got shipping confirmation for my Nendoroid Link figure today!

Small pic but looking good:

o0515038713134076795.jpg

Reveals some other hair options. Slated for June, not up for pre-order yet.

Lucina preorders are up on HLJ but the site is constantly crashing so I haven't been able to get my order through. :shakehead:weep:

Keep forgetting that I have a boxed one of these sat away somewhere (relax, I know where):

gc_bba.jpg

Happenstance pointed it out to me in our local Gamestation a few years back for about 99p IIRC (or at least under a fiver). There's currently 3 on eBay; a Japanese one for £90 and some euro ones in Germany for £130 and £150. I think I got a bargain...

Lucina preorders are up on HLJ but the site is constantly crashing so I haven't been able to get my order through. :shakehead:weep:

HLJ royally screwed me over, they lost me as a customer. I pre-ordered Lucina and Nendoroid Mario directly from Goodsmile this time.

HLJ royally screwed me over, they lost me as a customer. I pre-ordered Lucina and Nendoroid Mario directly from Goodsmile this time.

How come? I've never had an issue with HLJ and I've been using them for years.

I take it Goodsmile ships to the UK? Are they any good?

Debating buying a second Lucina to keep sealed or something.

Probably need to get Lucina to continue my Smash Bros. Figma collection - also need to grab Dark Pit, should have got him when I saw him on sale in Japan, augh.

These damn amiibos are shaking the wagon something fierce. I've been clean for years, dammit.

How come? I've never had an issue with HLJ and I've been using them for years.

I take it Goodsmile ships to the UK? Are they any good?

Debating buying a second Lucina to keep sealed or something.

I was late with one payment, and they not only cancelled that order, but all other pre-orders as well. Two of those orders are hard to find. I demanded the orders to simply be reinstated, but they wouldn´t do that. Luckily one of those figures is getting a rerelease, the other I´ll have to buy for a higher price at some local shop. Before you go "why didn´t you just pay on time?", they changed their payment policy this year and made it worse. Payment used to happen automatically without any further input from me required. That´s the way online shopping should be. I´m not responsible for their bad business decisions.

As for Goodsmile´s online shop.. Rationally speaking, I can´t recommend it. They´re more expensive. Almost all other shops give some discount to the suggested retail price, but they themselves obviously aren´t going to do that.

So why order there? Occasionally they give exclusive pre-order bonuses with certain figures. Are they worth the money? Probably not, but I can´t help myself, haha. With Mario you get some extra coins. I´m also getting a rubber strap with another figure. Lucina doesn´t come with a bonus, but I thought I might as well bundle her with Mario. Another aspect of Goodsmile´s shop is their flat-fee for shipping, which is 2000 yen for EMS. It´s more expensive if you buy only one figure and normally don´t mind much slower SAL, but it´s cheaper and obviously much faster (and includes tracking) if you buy multiple items.

One thing has to be said though.. Goodsmile´s (international!) customer service is great. Although I guess that´s regardless if you buy stuff directly from them or through other online shops. I´ve heard people getting replacement parts if they were damaged. I myself complained a few days ago about having to pay higher taxes than I should have had for some exclusive figure. They actually offered to pay me back the money.

Anyway, in short, just buy your stuff where you usually get them, only go for the Goodsmile online shop if you really, really, really must have that pre-order bonus.

I´ve exchanged HLJ for CDJapan so far, with the occasional order directly from Goodsmile, although I intend to use Hobbysearch a lot more as well.

Oh yes, and maybe I should buy some more Lucinas as well.. I regret not buying three Nendoroid Reds. They go for crazy prices at the moment.

Edited by Sméagol

Before you go "why didn´t you just pay on time?",

I wouldn't have said that. :p

Sucks to hear they cancelled all your preorders though.

I'll probably order my second Lucina from either CDJapan or Nippon Yasan if I do. Still waiting for an order from CDJapan but I'm guessing it's taking longer arrive due to it being December.

Keep forgetting that I have a boxed one of these sat away somewhere (relax, I know where):

gc_bba.jpg

Happenstance pointed it out to me in our local Gamestation a few years back for about 99p IIRC (or at least under a fiver). There's currently 3 on eBay; a Japanese one for £90 and some euro ones in Germany for £130 and £150. I think I got a bargain...

Sweet!

I have this sandwiched between my Gamecube and Gameboy player. Unfortunately I couldn't tell you where the packaging is. Fairly certain it's long since gone. Never got to use it for anything either. Around €45 at the time and it did nothing but I just had to have everything going for the Cube.

Yeah I wish I had one. For if I ever need to set up an 8-player game for a Retro game party, although I do know someone else who can set that up, but still, it would be nice just to "complete" the Gamecube..

Nendoroid Red available in the US Nintendo Store for $50.

http://www.pokemoncenter.com/Pokémon-Center-Nendoroid-Posable-Figure/dp/B00OBSNQM6

No shipping to UK. =(

Surely that's gonna kill some of the value of the Japanese one?

I saw that, but didn't mention it as you still have to go the proxy or forwarding route..

I'm not sure if it'll do much to the price of the Japanese version. I saw someone speculate it won't because the box is different. I think that only matters to collectors, but not the casual fan.

Anyway, it may mean there's a chance they'll release it in Europe though some channel at some point as well, for those who are still waiting.

Edited by Sméagol