NEurope
Retro_Link

Nintendo Collectables!

nice, ive been looking for the twilight princess version for ages, where did you manage to get these from and how much ?

nice, ive been looking for the twilight princess version for ages, where did you manage to get these from and how much ?

I got the TP one just last week off ebay. It cost me £50. The Phantom Hourglass one I got off ebay last year for around £30-40. Spirit Tracks I got off amazon, when they still had it in stock, for £16.99. Finally the Skyward Sword one I nabbed at Game when it first got released.

I only need the Twilight Princess guidebook. Saw it on Amazon shortly before Skyward Sword was released but didn't buy it, next time I checked it was sold out :(

My Phantom Hourglass guide isn't sealed any more though which was probably a mistake, but I wanted to see what the guide and extras was like.

After seeing a Figma Pit thread, I thought I’d bump this one for a general update on Nintendo (and 3rd party) merchandise.

The figmas of Samus and Link are getting re-issues. Get them from your favourite store. Personally, I’m not going to bother with Figmas ever again.

max06221_1.jpg?v=1337059568

max06243_0.jpg?v=1339476713

The Zero suit Samus figure is getting a re-release as well. Thankfully, I’ve got that one already in my possession. For hilarity, compare it to the First 4 Figures figure earlier in the thread. Sexy!

max04142_5.jpg?v=1337059717

Figma Pit and Dark Pit are disappearing from stores quick, get them while you can, or pay double the price on Ebay..

max06272_0.jpg?v=1355990196

max06273_0.jpg?v=1355990198

An oldie you’ll have to search for on Ebay, Sylvia Kristel from No more heroes. I never bothered with her, eventhough I loved the game, because she isn’t my favourite No more heroes babe, and I thought the sculpt was terrible. Unfortunately, this is the only no more heroes figure.

ymt34905_1.jpg?v=1337150164

Momohime from Muramasa: the demon blade, which can be seen in an old post of mine a few posts back, had a re-issue not too long ago. And again she sold out pretty quickly. If you want her (new), you’ll have to be quick. I now own 2.. The first one unfortunately had a painting defect, so I ordered a second one when she was re-released. I’ll probably sell the first one for cheap.

alt20240_8.jpg?v=1336894605

But, that’s not the only Muramasa merchandise news. Momohime is getting companionship from Kongiku! Made by the same company, Alter, which is known for its quality (and I’m becoming a fan). Released just a few weeks ago, but also incredibly popular, so you’ll have to scour the internet to find her..

alt20313_0.jpg?v=1349234484

There’s actually a real light in her lamp. I haven’t shipped mine yet.

Tharja doing some fan service (ok by me!). She has no release date yet.

28983-header.jpg

Don't own a 3DS yet, and therefore don’t own Fire Emblem Awakening yet, but I want this and will pre-order instantly.

Animal Crossing Nendoroids! Isabelle is up for pre-order. Release is planned for October.

30383-animalcrossingheader.jpg

I’m not a huge fan of Animal Crossing, plus I prefer the pretty ladies. But she looks pretty cute.

I’m also not a huge fan of Pocket Monsters, and I’m not a fan of poseable action figures. But those D-arts Pokemon look pretty high quality. Charizard is available now, Blastoise and Venusaur are up for pre-order.

ban977960_0.jpg?v=1357629416

ban981321_0.jpg?v=1362119527

ban981461_0.jpg?v=1367986352

This is barely Nintendo related, but I just love the Mass Effect ladies. Liara was released some time ago, but Shepard is released recently, and you can still find her in stores.

kbysv-75_0.jpg?v=1348564888kbysv-59_8.jpg?v=1337040292

Those Mass Effect figures are done by Kotobukiya, and they’re released under their Bishoujo line. This Bishoujo line has figures from various licenses, including Tekken, Marvel and DC. I own the Catwoman one, and I love to get Christie Monteiro from Tekken. Anyway, they now also have the Street Fighter license, and a Chun-Li figure is coming up!

Oh, and this last one is not Nintendo related at all, but I know there are some fans of Vanillaware around here. I’ve personally not played Odin Sphere, but since I love the art in Muramasa, it’s easy to understand I also love the art of that game. Odin Sphere has spawned quite some merchandise, and I was particularly enamored by this figure from Velvet, which has been re-released recently.

ymt34606_3.jpg?v=1337149996

But again, she flew of the shelves. With some figures, you really have to pre-order in order to get one, and I was quite lucky I didn’t miss it myself. She’s hard to find now. I see one store still selling her, but for a ridiculous price.

Anyway, so far my update of mainly Nintendo related merchandise!

ban981461_0.jpg?v=1367986352

Holy crap... if only this were Bulbasaur!! (well I likely still wouldn't buy it, but it looks amazing)

Also this is insane :p

alt20313_0.jpg?v=1349234484

I'm not ashamed to say i'll be buying that Tharja

my Zero Suit samus order got cancelled by HLJ, it sat in limbo for ages and then poof gone from my order history with an email following saying they couldn't secure enough product....but if she's being re-released i may have to purchase that

I'm not ashamed to say i'll be buying that Tharja

my Zero Suit samus order got cancelled by HLJ, it sat in limbo for ages and then poof gone from my order history with an email following saying they couldn't secure enough product....but if she's being re-released i may have to purchase that

You may want to decide quickly then, she is popular, and you want to be early in the front of the queue ;). Again, she’s slated to come out September, so you have all the time to reconsider, so I’d say just hit that pre-order button.

And yeah, I know how it feels, HLJ cancelled my Velvet order from above, which I had pre-ordered months in advance, though apparently, still too late. Luckily I could still get one from Hobby Search, which was the first time I ordered there, but it arrived fine. I’ve ordered plenty from HLJ though, but this was the first time they canceled one of my orders.

And with all the Tales news pouring out all of a sudden, let me add this one:

D1p-noscale.jpg

Tales of Symphonia is getting some PVC figures, made by Alter. Zelos and Lloyd for now, but I suspect other characters will get made eventually as well. Tales of Symphonia has never had 1/7 (ish) pvc figures made yet as far as I know, even though characters of other Tales series have. Milla had a [nice one] recently, but I never played Tales of Xillia, so I don’t have much connection to the character (character design isn’t doing much either for me). Symphonia did have cool gashapon a long time ago though. Still have an unopend box somewhere here I believe :).

Tharja has been painted.

Fire%20Emblem%20Tharja%20Colour-noscale.jpg

I personally would prefer some darker colours though (i.e. more corresponding to the artwork).

Pre-orders are up. I’ve ordered mine. Release is December. Price is around $100.-

[HLJ]

[Hobby Search]

[CD Japan]

Amongst others.

For those who need more convincing: [More pictures]

Edit:

Colours are looking much better in the final product. Fan-service aside, she’s looking awesome.

Edited by Sméagol

These guys finally arrived. I swear they were due out in Nov/Dec when I ordered them.

IMG_20130711_210544.jpg

IMG_20130711_210617.jpg

IMG_20130711_210629.jpg

Original Link is the best one. Skyward Sword Link's face is kinda odd. There is a Wind Waker Link but I didn't like it, which is a shame.

Can anyone give me some advice on where to order the Figma Link and Samus figures?

There's a seller on Amazon selling for £75 but I've found other sites selling for around £50. However those sites list anything from September 2013 to January 2014 for the release date so I don't know where to order from.

Ideally I'd like to be able to just go and buy one from a shop!

Can anyone give me some advice on where to order the Figma Link and Samus figures?

There's a seller on Amazon selling for £75 but I've found other sites selling for around £50. However those sites list anything from September 2013 to January 2014 for the release date so I don't know where to order from.

Ideally I'd like to be able to just go and buy one from a shop!

They’re still readily available for pre-order on the internet. I’d get them there if I were you, much easier. Get them from the Asian sites as well, £ 50,- seems like a rip-off (that’s apiece?).

Ok, here we go:

After Lloyd and Xellos, we get Collette!

31413-colettebanner.jpg

Made by Kotobukiya, and slated for somewhere in 2014. Makes me confident we’ll get Sheena as well.

Fucking awesome: Nintendoroids!

31411-header2.jpg

A Luigi and Windwaker Link Nendoroid are on their way! I’m officially dubbing them Nintendoroids. I’ve always wanted a Nendoroid, I think they’re cute, but I never got around to it. Well, apart from the Tachikoma Nendoroid I have. And I bought the Iron Man Nendoroid for my brother’s birthday.. Anyway.

This is old news, but I haven’t mentioned this 1/6th scale Link action figure:

medicom-9-noscale.jpg

Made by Medicom for their Real Action Heroes line. Slated for November.

Chun-Li’s sculpt has been revealed:

31412-chunli.jpg

Looks awesome. Slated for January.

I think that’s all the Nintendo-related stuff I’ve seen from Wonder Festival 2013.

Anyone opposed to an “other collectables” thread? Because there’s more awesome stuff I’m looking forward to. Or does such a thread already exist?

Anyone opposed to an “other collectables” thread? Because there’s more awesome stuff I’m looking forward to. Or does such a thread already exist?
Go for it! If it's Video Games related, then in this board, or otherwise in the General Discussion board if you can't find anything :)

They’re still readily available for pre-order on the internet. I’d get them there if I were you, much easier. Get them from the Asian sites as well, £ 50,- seems like a rip-off (that’s apiece?).

Yeah £50 each. Here's one website doing the Link figure for £50 for example: https://www.estaticarts.co.uk/790-figma-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-link-by-max-factory-4545784062432.html

I've never ordered from Asian sites before. Could you recommend a reputable one? Have you ever been hit with any customs charges? I ordered something from America once and had to pay £8 extra when it arrived.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I'm in the UK by the way.

Yeah £50 each. Here's one website doing the Link figure for £50 for example: https://www.estaticarts.co.uk/790-figma-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-link-by-max-factory-4545784062432.html

I've never ordered from Asian sites before. Could you recommend a reputable one? Have you ever been hit with any customs charges? I ordered something from America once and had to pay £8 extra when it arrived.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I'm in the UK by the way.

Yeah, the ones Ike mentioned. Personally, I’ve bought most of my figures from [HLJ], and never had any problems with orders, except for one which they cancelled on their end because of high demand. [HobbySearch] also seems to be good, but I have only one experience with them (but everything arrived fine). [CDJapan] is another, they are very reputable, but I haven’t ordered any figures from them (yet), they’re slightly more expensive, but they seem to take great care of packaging orders. I did order some Headphones from them, and again, they arrived fine. Also, I assume you’re aware, but in case you don’t: you’ll need a credit card. I don’t know which shops accept paypal or other methods.

About custom charges: as these are big, legitimate business, they do things officially, which is to specify what’s in the package and what its value is. Which means you’ll always get hit with custom charges. At least I do, here in The Netherlands. I’ve learned to live with it. The thing is, even with the customs charges, you’re cheaper off. Just take it into account. Just compare £ 50,- plus shipping to € 26,- with shipping and some customs charges. Furthermore, at least in The Netherlands I can order something with a value of up to € 50,- or something wihout needing to pay customs charges. I imagine you’ll have something similar in the UK.

Lastly, 2 additional shops:

In the past, I’ve ordered games / consoles, and DVD’s from [Yesasia]. They’re also good, but very expensive. However, they seem to have some weird business construction where they ship orders through Germany. I never had to pay any customs charges with my orders from them. I don’t know if that’s still the situation, and if that also applies to the UK. Another advantage they have, is that they’re not a popular choice for figures. If something’s sold out everywhere else, you have a chance they may still have it. Finally, there’s an European shop, [Archonia]. They’re generally more expensive, sometimes not, sometimes to a ridiculous degree, but since they’re European (Belgium), you’re guaranteed to not having to pay customs charges.

For your convenience, I’ve listed the productpages of Figma Link for each site I mentioned.

http://www.hlj.com/product/MAX06243/Act

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10189772 (but I see they’re not accepting any more pre-orders)

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/goods/goods_detail.html?KEY=NEOGDS-88223

http://www.yesasia.com/global/figma-the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-link/1031027138-0-0-0-en/info.html

http://www.archonia.com/mangashop/en/article/160294/the+legend+of+zelda+skyward+sword+action+figure+-+figma+link+re-issue+wave+02/

Edited by Sméagol

Yeah, the ones Ike mentioned. Personally, I’ve bought most of my figures from [HLJ], and never had any problems with orders, except for one which they cancelled on their end because of high demand. [HobbySearch] also seems to be good, but I have only one experience with them (but everything arrived fine). [CDJapan] is another, they are very reputable, but I haven’t ordered any figures from them (yet), they’re slightly more expensive, but they seem to take great care of packaging orders. I did order some Headphones from them, and again, they arrived fine. Also, I assume you’re aware, but in case you don’t: you’ll need a credit card. I don’t know which shops accept paypal or other methods.

About custom charges: as these are big, legitimate business, they do things officially, which is to specify what’s in the package and what its value is. Which means you’ll always get hit with custom charges. At least I do, here in The Netherlands. I’ve learned to live with it. The thing is, even with the customs charges, you’re cheaper off. Just take it into account. Just compare £ 50,- plus shipping to € 26,- with shipping and some customs charges. Furthermore, at least in The Netherlands I can order something with a value of up to € 50,- or something wihout needing to pay customs charges. I imagine you’ll have something similar in the UK.

Lastly, 2 additional shops:

In the past, I’ve ordered games / consoles, and DVD’s from [Yesasia]. They’re also good, but very expensive. However, they seem to have some weird business construction where they ship orders through Germany. I never had to pay any customs charges with my orders from them. I don’t know if that’s still the situation, and if that also applies to the UK. Another advantage they have, is that they’re not a popular choice for figures. If something’s sold out everywhere else, you have a chance they may still have it. Finally, there’s an European shop, [Archonia]. They’re generally more expensive, sometimes not, sometimes to a ridiculous degree, but since they’re European (Belgium), you’re guaranteed to not having to pay customs charges.

For your convenience, I’ve listed the productpages of Figma Link for each site I mentioned.

http://www.hlj.com/product/MAX06243/Act

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10189772 (but I see they’re not accepting any more pre-orders)

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/goods/goods_detail.html?KEY=NEOGDS-88223

http://www.yesasia.com/global/figma-the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-link/1031027138-0-0-0-en/info.html

http://www.archonia.com/mangashop/en/article/160294/the+legend+of+zelda+skyward+sword+action+figure+-+figma+link+re-issue+wave+02/

Wow! Thank you for the advice! You've been a big help! Figma Link, here I come :D

Thanks again!

Painted Chun-Li sculpt

994579_696222623727470_1112071987_n.jpg

I’m actually not liking the look of her face now it’s painted. It may be just the angle, but if it’s not, I hope they will improve this for the final product.

Pokéball replicas

ptx___pokeball_by_slouchworx-d5tdza6.png

You can get them [here]

Tanooki Mario from First 4 Figures.

horizontal.jpg

Like most stuff from F4F, this doesn’t really excite me, that said, Mario doesn’t exactly require a complex sculpt..

Zelos painted

84vvla6o918p1.jpg

I usually go for the ladies, but Zelos is sexy :p. And you can expect quality from the manufacturer.

I finally bought the Figma Link. In the end I bought it from a seller on Amazon.

I love it! I've not bought a toy since I was a child so having this on my book case with all my DVDs is great! I love how pose-able it is.

he's an amazing figure and easily the best Link figure ever produced!

The odd action figure as a collectable isn't bad.......(i have too many)