Retro_Link

Nintendo Collectables!

Cool Tellyn!

New figures I'd like to see:

TP Link

OOT Link vs Ganondorf

OOT/TP Link on Epona

Meta Ridley

I think it'd be cool if we saw some Brawl figures.

Any other figures floating about that are fairly cheap now?

Only Sheik. Rest are sold out pretty much everywhere, so if you find one, might be a bit pricey :heh:

I also went to the store in Leeds last month and grabbed the last Sheik statue for £14.99! I haven't opened it yet, going to be redecorating my room this summer so I'm just saving a load of new posters and stuff like that to dot about. :)

Ah, possibly the one I saw then. Was it in the glass unit near the manga section? I have heard a few things about Forbidden Planet recently, regarding customer bank details and money going missing from their accounts. Not sure what the situation with it is now, but i'd be very cautious if buying online. Great buy though, £14.99 is a nice price, and I may have got it myself if I had saw it at that price a few months ago.

I am really looking forward to the Phazon Suit Samus release, I cannot wait to try and get my hands on one :) Problem is I have no room for it, so I don't know what to do with my original Varia Suit Samus statue. I'm sure i'll find somewhere though : peace:

It's been a while so I thought I'd send them an email asking if they had any Metroid or Zelda announcements lined up.

And their reply...

Thank you for your email. We're planning to announce the Orange Gun ship, Hunters from Metroid and hopefully the Twilight Princess series figure soon.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

By 'Orange Gun Ship' do they mean her ship from MP3?

Anyways, looking forward to seeing some Twilight Princess stuff!

Nice, looking forward to the Twilight Princess ones. Still waiting for that damn OOT Link though :heh:

Super Mario Chess Set

https://www.first4figures.com/component/option,com_myphp/Itemid,3/product,71/

First 4 Figures Distribution is proud to present USAopoly's Super Mario Collector's Edition Chess Set! The chess set is the first and only chess set that features the most beloved and popular Super Mario characters in their classic poses, making this a must-have for every Nintendo fan! The chess board and pieces feature unique designs, taken directly from the Super Mario video game franchise. The 32 hand-painted figurines include including Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Yoshi, Toad, 1-up mushroom, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Birdo, Goomba, Hammer Bros., and Magikoopa, and come packaged in a collectible tin!

horizontal_03.jpp

SRP:Price: $44.99

Available: Q4 2009

Manufacturer: USAopoly

Super Mario Chess Set

So Luigi is a queen? confirmation if ever it was needed... :heh:

$45? Sweet jimmeny christmas! Plus $20 shipping.

If I find myself in a well paying job between now and xmas I know exactly who to get that for.

Also the fact that Luigi is queen to Mario and Baby Bowser is queen to Bowser is quite disturbing and incestual. Surely it should be Peach and....Enslaved Peach.

Edited by Ashley

This is lovely! When I was a young underscore LiNk, I used to loooove playing chess. I've collected a fair few chess sets. A lovely wooden set that smelled absolutely beautiful! Love the smell of wooden stuufff. A glass chess set. A marble chess set which I picked up from Saudi Arabia when I went there with my family. And, a Simpsons Set, and finally, a Star Wars Episode 1 Chess Set.

I still enjoy playing whenever I can. I'm not as sharp as I used to be, unfortunately. But, wow, that set does look very delightful!

An Ocarina of Time chess set would be brilliant. :D

Love the smell of wooden stuufff.

This just in! Flink looks sniffing a good woody.

This just in! Flink looks sniffing a good woody.

I knew somebody would pick up on that. :(

I had originally typed "I love the smell of wood", but that would have been a death sentence.

Shocking (somewhat shocking...) news as Flink outs himself!

"I love the smell of wood"

Ine's representatives have refused to comment so far.

Noticed the other week that the Link statue was In Stock on Play.com. Did anyone order it from them? It's disappeared off their site now, so looks like it's gonna to be another hard piece to find :(

I'm not sure it's shipped yet has it? Are you sure it's not the previous model that they just had up still and hadn't taken down?

I got my Link statue delivered on the 5th of this month from Play. I'm surprised how much faster it took to disappear than previous statues though.

OK, here's some pictures:

link3b.jpg

Close up of his face:

link1b.jpg

Nice shot of his sheild. Check out the detail on the map and key:

link5b.jpg

link4b.jpg

link2b.jpg