NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Stocka

Battalion Wars 2 on REV hinted at!

..Well, kinda.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/654/654724p1.html

• All I can say is, we're very aware of how important multiplayer is for possible future versions of Battalion Wars.
  • IGNcube: Have you started work on a Battalion Wars sequel for Revolution yet?

Tancred Dyke-Wells: I can't say anything about a sequel. All I can say about this right now is that we are continuing to have positive discussions with Nintendo.
  • IGNcube: Fantastic. We've got our fingers crossed. What do you think about the Revolution controller? How would you like to use the device, given the chance, with future Battalion Wars titles?

Tancred Dyke-Wells: We're hugely excited about the possibilities of the Revolution and its controller. The office went bananas when we first saw it in action. For me, Revolution is far and away the most challenging and interesting platform to consider developing for. The implications of the controller are huge. For aiming, and for ordering, just imagine a system so intuitive that the player can indicate "you -- go there!" with a gesture.

Sounds promosing! And yeah BW would be extremely well suited to REV, but then again nearly all games and genres would. :hehe:

Batallion Wars is the game I am most excited about - well, apart from Mario Kart DS. I was praying this game would be good, but inside thought it would be pretty crap. By all accounts its brilliant, just dont want to have to wait til December for it!!

A rev version would be awesome, sounds likely. Great news!

Wow, I hope there well be BW2 for Revo and I think it's pretty likely since it's a very good game (according to reviews).

And then it would be pretty likely to have online multiplayer as well :)

Brilliant news.

I can see Kuju's Brighton studio having a big interest in Revolution, cosidering they're behind Sony's Eyetoy:Play titles.

Kuju for me are currently THE model independent games studio in the UK, and hopefully they'll stay independent for many years to come.

Hopefully Nintendo will be working alot closer with them in the future on all fronts, and that's including possible DS titles.

I have only one question, after reading this article earlier today: what sort of name is "Tancred Dyke-Wells"??? :wtf:

Hopefullly, we'll see WiFi Multiplayer battles - co-operaterative where you take control of a small band of soldiers in a larger army (8 others in a team all with a group) and counter ops too.

Let bettle commence.

Kuju have made some strong titles and i'm sure they're being noticed by bigger companies. I too remain hopeful they remain an indie (since Nintendo aren't looking at purchasing second party developers.

Nice with rev it should be really innovative, probably with online play like 20 ppl on a server that would be awesome

Apparently Batallion Wars is good, but needed a multiplayer. An online Revo Battalion Wars with, say, with a mech-assualt style conquest mode would be ef-ing sweet.

Sign in to follow this