NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Batman: The Dark Knight discussion

I was discussing this with Booker and ViPeR, and we all have different ideas.

The names that popped up were Robin Williams and Hugo Weaving.

However, the name Heath Ledger also popped up.

I laughed at this. But..it appears that this may not be far from the truth. :|

The final word may come during this weekend's Comic Con 2006 in San Diego, where some sources are claiming that Batman Begins director Christopher Nolan could make an appearance to announce Ledger as The Joker.

http://uk.filmforce.ign.com/articles/719/719898p1.html

Discuss away. Personally, i don't think this is a particularly good choice. Then again, i may be wrong.

Update!Well, it's been confirmed now. Ledger IS to play the part of the Joker.

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/721/721174p1.html

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/722/722015p1.html

Who was it, there was some comedian guy that was considered for 'The Joker' in one of the previous films.

I seriously can't remember who it was, but it was amusing...

I was discussing this with Booker and ViPeR, and we all have different ideas.

The names that popped up were Robin Williams and Hugo Weaving.

When I read Hugo Weaving, I began to think how much he'd suit the joker role, he's kind of got that jaw.

But Heath Ledger whats that all about.

I haven't got a clue who this heath ledger is o0

I did like the rumor that Robin Williams was billed to paly the Joker, Williams would do it brillaintly IMO he's played evil beforei n one hour photo and pulled it off and I'm sure he can do crazy funny that the joker is

on the oher hand, Paul Bettany would be perfect. Why have they not hired this man!?

Its said either on the IMDB or the Wikipedia that actor/singer David Bowie might play the role of the Joker.

Its said either on the IMDB or the Wikipedia that actor/singer David Bowie might play the role of the Joker.

Please god no, Bowie couldn't act his way out of a wet paper bag.

Heath "im gay for jake gyllenhall" Ledger is famASS for being a gay cowboy in the gay cowboy movie brokeback mountain.

Now hes apparently gonna play the joker.

I think Micheal Keaton would make an excellent joker. Yeah i know hes already played Batman but this new batman franchise is completely different to the last.

Aswell as the jaw, the jokers brow must fit also. Heath ledger doesnt have either, whats going on?

Heath "im gay for jake gyllenhall" Ledger is famASS for being a gay cowboy in the gay cowboy movie brokeback mountain.

Now hes apparently gonna play the joker.

That's not homophobic at all...

Looking on Google, I found this photo which suggests he might have the face for the role.

Heard Jake Gyllenhaal was playing Harvey Dent/Two Face, they'd make a good pair (again!)

Hugo Weaving would be perfect even though I'm sure R. Williams could play the part perfectly.

Robin Williams? fuck no. Fuck. No!

I mean...What? he'd be terrible! utterly appaling!

I dont want the nicest man possibly, in the world, to play the joker..

HUGO WEAVING FTW

on the oher hand, Paul Bettany would be perfect. Why have they not hired this man!?

Because Paul Bettany is playing lord asrael in the upcoming HDM movie (unfortunately).

I would like Jeremy Irons please :heh:

"Simon says zer is a bomg in a school..." I reckon he'd be awesome...

Jim Carry.

Lol, Jim Carey played Riddle in batman forever, he was pretty good too.

Am i the only one who would like to see Jack Nicolson reprise the role?

Sure he's much older now but he played the role brilliantly (and so evil) in teh 1st Batman film, i'm sure he could do it again.....

Jim Carey would be cool, but as mentioned by Bard he played Riddler in Batman Forever, be kinda weird for him to do another Batman film as a different character especially as his perfromance as Riddler was the only good thing about that film

I always think of him in A Knight's Tale or Ten Things I Hate About j00.

I hope Gyllenhall has nothing to do with him. I'm not a fan of him.

Kiefer Sutherland, Jonathan Rys-Meyers or Robert Carlyle would also be good choices methinks. We all have different ideas of what we want the joker to be. I'm up for the darker and more sinister joker rather than the ott camp joker.

Maybe even Tom Cruise... it would give him something completely different to do and I think that he can pull it off. But lets face it, Nolan want as few americans in the cast as possible.

2 people who would be perfect would be Gary Oldman, or Johnny Depp. Since Oldman is already in the film, get the Depp in there.

I don't think depp could seriously pull it off. I've seen nothing to say he'd do a good job of pure, insane evil:)