NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Batman: The Dark Knight discussion

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think a whole new interpretation to the Batman franchise.

In Batman Begins, the guy who killed Bruce's parents wasn't the joker. I can't remember how they die exactly, but it wasn't due to the Joker.

I'm pretty sure they were still killed by a mugger, and in the comics that mugger becomes the Joker.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think a whole new interpretation to the Batman franchise.

In Batman Begins, the guy who killed Bruce's parents wasn't the joker. I can't remember how they die exactly, but it wasn't due to the Joker.

It was Jimmy something, it was just a random criminal, which infact is faithful to the comics. The Nickelson Joker wasnt faithful to the comics aswell, Tim Burtons Batman is his own vision of Batman.

The joker we will see in Batman: The Dark Knight, will be the comic book joker, who is 10x more insane the the joker from 89

Edit: Joe Chill ladies and gentlemen

The guy who killed batman's parents wasn't even discovered yet, unless it was very recently.

The guy who killed batman's parents wasn't even discovered yet, unless it was very recently.

Explain?..

One the who killed his parents thing, i think it's better to have the Joker be the person who did it, as it really gives a good reason for him to be Batmans main rival.

Which is what confused me with Batman Begins as i thought it was meant to be a prequal to Tim Burtons films, but the guy in Begins who killed his parents i do believe was killed also, so that guy can't become Joker ..... or can he......

It's not meant to be a prequel to the Burton films. It's really a new approach to the Batman franchise.

Wasnt the person who killed Bruce's parents in the comics the same as the person in the Begins film? Mr Chill.

To see how the Joker came about you should read The Killing Joke. And imo making the Joker kill his parents in the 89 Batman film was one hell of a dumb ass idea. Was just wrong. Still a good film though. I believe making the Joker kill Bruce's parents in Batman 89 caused abit of controversy because thats not what happened in the comics.

In the comics the Joker never had anything to do with the Wayne murders. That was only made up in the Burton movies. Many comics have portrayed a "Mr Chill" or even "Joe Chill" (as in Batman Begins) as the killer, although to be honest I have no idea what the current standing continuity says about it.

I wonder if the new Batman will end with a nod towards Robin in the third, the way Begins ended with the suggestion of the Joker.

Edit: Just realised bryanee said it wasn't what happened in the comics right above my post :indeed: duh me.

In the comics no one knows who killed his parents, at some poin they thought it was metallo, but it was just a ruse.

Yes it's weird, because I read a very recent comic where Batman didn't know who it was.

Yes it's weird, because I read a very recent comic where Batman didn't know who it was.

I got Judd Winicks run, but Ive just started it back up for Grant Morrisons run!

Batman and Son! Rock on!

Kirby knows it. <(^_^<)

jokerrevealed.jpg

That's going to give me nightmares.

The red cross box! *Shudder*