NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Batman: The Dark Knight discussion

That's not homophobic at all...

Looking on Google, I found this photo which suggests he might have the face for the role.

Sold.. Heaths definately going to get it. If he can pull off that face through whatever form possible it will be great. Hes definately a great actor, one of the best around at the moment.

i think vincent cassel would make a great joker, he definately looks like a joker. not sure if his french accent would suit though :shakehead

Am i the only one who would like to see Jack Nicolson reprise the role?

Sure he's much older now but he played the role brilliantly (and so evil) in teh 1st Batman film, i'm sure he could do it again.....

Thank you! My thoughts exactly Jack Nicholson is The Joker!

If they casted Heath Ledger as the Joker we can propaly expect Carrot Top as the Riddler if they continue making Batman movies after this one....

Jack Nicolson's Joker was good for Burtons surealism but he was far from evil. Hopefully Ledger will pull off a much darker performance.

Why are we gonna have jack nichelson play the joker again, i mean we got the film he plays that perfectly in.

the whole point of heath ledger playing the joker is so the audience wont have an idea on how he will portray the joker, i mean, we all would have an idea if robin williams, jim carrey or hugo weaving would play the role.

Jack Nicolson's Joker was good for Burtons surealism but he was far from evil. Hopefully Ledger will pull off a much darker performance.

Are you nuts, or just really, really high?

Seriously dude, did you watch the right film? Jack was one evil mother. He gassed dozens of people, electocuted someone alive, poisoned people with combinations of make-up causing them to die with a huge grin on their face, and has some sort of girlfriend who has to wear a mask because half her face is melted off. All with a smile on his face. If you got any darker then that, you'd just be watching a pitch black screen.

"A mirror.... A MIRROR!"

Now that's cinema.

It's not like you guys can change who has been cast, so climb down off the ranting roundabout and go play on something else. I hear the silence swings are vacant.

It's not like you guys can change who has been cast, so climb down off the ranting roundabout and go play on something else. I hear the silence swings are vacant.

Oh dear god i never realised that! And all this time i thought this was working with every movie i ranted about!

heath would make a good joker...looking at that photo of him in the hat i can invision him in the white makeup etc i think he will be able to pull it off.

Oh dear god i never realised that! And all this time i thought this was working with every movie i ranted about!

4490722_200X150.jpg

I think its a good choice, Ledger looks more like The Joker than Weaving or Williams. If he can pull off the psycho thing then he'll be perfect!

Y'know... "casted" isn't actually a word...

*runs out of thread ducking from thrown shoes*

Ahh, you both appear to be correct.

*edits thread*

*throws shoes anyway :heh:*

I actually think Ledger isn't a too bad choice. I'm not exactly sure how he'll pull that role off - portrait the Joker - but I think he's a good enough actor to make him believeable.

I also have faith that Nolan and Goyer won't make any bad choices after the awesome cast of the first film.

It's going to be very interesting to see how this turns out. I think it would be a bit unfair to compare Ledger's joker with that of jack nicholson's. I do believe we're going to see an entirely different performance, and a different approach as to how the Joker will be played.

I'm quite excited to see what we Ledger can do. :)

It's going to be very interesting to see how this turns out. I think it would be a bit unfair to compare Ledger's joker with that of jack nicholson's. I do believe we're going to see an entirely different performance, and a different approach as to how the Joker will be played.

I'm quite excited to see what we Ledger can do. :)

Word.

The Dark Knight is going to kick so much freaking arse. I am so excited. Im a total Spider-man freak...and after Batman Begins I said to my mate "Oh...my....god....its better than Spider-man 2" (Hes a total X-freak) and he leaned over and said to me ".....Oh....my....its better than X2"

heh heh.

Isn't he a bit young to be playing the Joker really, after all how old was Bruce Wayne in the last film, he was 12 when the man who becomes the Joker kills his parents.

Isn't he a bit young to be playing the Joker really, after all how old was Bruce Wayne in the last film, he was 12 when the man who becomes the Joker kills his parents.

Wha?

They havnt confirmed any plot details yet.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think a whole new interpretation to the Batman franchise.

In Batman Begins, the guy who killed Bruce's parents wasn't the joker. I can't remember how they die exactly, but it wasn't due to the Joker.