NEurope
That Guy

Zelda: Wind Waker/OOT?

Pirate: HOOOOOOOOOOWAH?

Finished Wind Waker a week ago, enjoyed it thoroughly.. working on Ocarinia of Time now. Enjoying it slightly more personally.. considering it's age it hasn't dated at all.

I played OoT when i was like... 12? It was way too hard back then. I've played through the Wind Waker 4 times. I love that game so, so much.

After i finished TWW, i went back to OoT. I played and finished Master Quest, but i've never finished OoT.

You know, i do prefer TWW. Its a far, far more magical experience. Sure the master sword pulling, the enterance onto Hyrule field are great. But as a PC gamer when i was younger, that kinda thing didn't make me go "wow." Wind Waker did, and thats why i prefer it.

The Wind Waker was a great game, I just hated the 'unfinished' feeling it gave me when I played it.

And sadly I don't think anything will ever top Ocarina of Time, I've completed the game 11 times and I've never got bored of it.

Can't remember how many times I completed OOT, but it was at least 5. Loved it every time too. Amazing game. Water Temple was hard tho ;)

I played Ocarina of Time right when it came out in December (or late November) 1998 and I am still amazed at its graphics today.

I hope this exaggeration, if not you're going to wet yourself when the Wii comes out.

Also, I loved OOT to bits & didn't really enjoy WW all that much (the sailing was so dull) but I think that it had to be played at the time. I remember all the hype before it came out & playing Zelda in 3D was amazing. I would imagine anyone playing it for the first time now would be starting waiting for the greatness whereas back in our day (do I sound old?) it was all about savouring the experience. Walking through Link's village for the first time being amazed at the fairies flying around and seeing Navi fly through at the start. Magic experiences which I couldn't imagine feeling if I'd played WW first or even not played the game on the N64.

Hopefully we'll all get the same feeling playing Twilight Princess on the Wii, I'm so excited :D

I played all the Zelda games in the order that they were released in. I loved OOT it is my second favorite (Majora's Mask is #1) and I loved WW, I had no gripes about the graphics I figue whatever Nintendo makes it look like is for best. I wouldn't tell an artist how topaint,or how to sculpt.

I skipped the whole Playstation/N64/Dreamcast era, and most of the PS2's life too (only bought one last year).

I played The Wind Waker first and like it more than Ocarina Of Time. I also played Super Mario Sunshine before Super Mario 64 and prefer Sunshine ...and yes, I'm talking about the N64 version of SM64, not the DS version. :)

*dons flame-proof suit*

Suit1.jpg

...do your worst! :laughing:

I hope this exaggeration, if not you're going to wet yourself when the Wii comes out.

It was not an exageration, I really mean it.

And you're correct on the wetting myself part, I already did that with the trailers so the real game will probably give me a heart attack upon boot up. In fact, that may happen as soon as I touch the Wiimote for the first time. :D

i,m enjoying it and playing it for the first time.i feel it too slow though.im not very far.When exactly do you get the horse?epona?

Selling my copy at the moment, finished Wind Waker.. no urge to play it again.

There's a OoT bonus disc as well, I was playing it but I'm just gonna get it on the Wii virtual console.

Get yourself a bargain.. going at like £20 or so.

I played Ocarina of Time on Christmas Day shortly after it was released and then Wind Waker for Christmas after it's Japanese release. Both were some of my most devoted and enjoyable game memories despite Wind Waker's shortcomings. I hope Twilight Princess is at least as enjoyable as both those games were.

i,m enjoying it and playing it for the first time.i feel it too slow though.im not very far.When exactly do you get the horse?epona?

You get Epona only as adult Link. And that should be about 15 hours time into the first play, I dunno.

The horse is actually completely optional. I once went through the whole game without ever entering Lon Lon Ranch a single time. The whole Lon Lon Ranch area is optional.

Huh, just found this thread. Anyway.

I prefer neither Ocarina of Time or Wind Waker! No game in the history of mankind can compete with the complete and utter awe inspiring glory that is the marvelous Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past! If I ever feel like I'm wasting my life playing video games, I just start up that incredible creation and all is right in my world.

Even Chuck Norris looks up to that game!

What Would Jesus Do? He'd play Link to the Past, mister.

But, I think I'd take Ocarina of Time over Wind Waker. Just to be on topic a little bit.

Huh, just found this thread. Anyway.

I prefer neither Ocarina of Time or Wind Waker! No game in the history of mankind can compete with the complete and utter awe inspiring glory that is the marvelous Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past! If I ever feel like I'm wasting my life playing video games, I just start up that incredible creation and all is right in my world.

Even Chuck Norris looks up to that game!

What Would Jesus Do? He'd play Link to the Past, mister.

But, I think I'd take Ocarina of Time over Wind Waker. Just to be on topic a little bit.

Completely agree with you...

Link To The Past > Ocarina >>>>> Wind Waker

No Zelda: MM. :blank:

My fav Zelda game in order are;

Zelda:MM> Zelda:lttp> WW/Oot

I played MM for the first time last year. I had to skip it during the 64's life, because I couldn't buy the expansion pack. Oh well. I still haven't beaten it yet. Maybe I should get on that...

Ah yes, I forgot about that (maybe cause the topic only about Ocarina and Wind Waker)?!

So in actuality...

A Link To The Past > Ocarina Of Time >> Majora's Mask >>>>> Wind Waker

Everyone should play MM as it truly is an awesome game. I said the same thing when Stocka was playing it that many people dont give MM a chance and complain that it is too hard. Those who cast MM aside are missing one of the best and darkest Zelda games.

Aye, Majora's Mask is my favourite Zelda game...

Its difficult to choose between these games though. You play em and enjoy them all for what they are. I mean, Wind Waker is a great game but Ocarina o' Time is perhaps the best game ever.

(I wish I could just figure out what to do in the first Zelda game!)

Majoras Mask is awesome but I still prefer Ocarina of Time a tiny bit more. That's probably down to the fact it was released first and it took the whole "wow" factor away from MM. Running out onto Hyrule field for the first time was a holy shit moment because I hadn't seen such a large area in a game before!

I really enjoyed Wind Waker but I don't think it is as good as Oot and MM.

Just started playing OOT on my N64, havn't replayed it in quite a few years and........I just forgot how good this game actually is........watching the opening movie where navi flies through kokori village quite literally brought a tear to my eye :)

OOT definitly >>> MM >>>>>> The WW, but then again I can understand if you played WW first........ and playing OOT is much better on the N64 with the original pad rather then on the GC, so the experience might not be as good.

Lance

I never finished OoT (yes, I'm an idiot) but I'm finishing it off at the moment. Is it me or is it really easy? The Spirit Temple was piss easy. But the end bit of the game (don't want to spoil it for anyone) is really really hard. I'm stumped.

Pff, no one likes water temple? It's one of the best memories i have from OOT. Sure it was boring to change between normal and iron boots, but Dark Link made up for it.

I finished it 7 times, and plan to do it one more time. I've only finished MM and WW once, but i plan to play them over again another time.