N-Europe

Crash Bandicoot for the Wii in '07

ShadowV7

Info taken from here

At a recent demonstration of Vivendi Games forthcoming DS party title, Crash Boom Bang, TVG learnt of the publisher's plans to take the orange-furred marsupial to the Nintendo Wii.

Although Vivendi wouldn't discuss specifics, representatives did hint that the party mechanics of Crash Bang Boom would suit Nintendo's next system, but did confirm that the Crash Bandicoot franchise will definitely make an appearance on the Wii in some shape or form during 2007.

With Vivendi proclaiming Radical Entertainment to be the "new home" for Crash Bandicoot upon last year's release of Crash Tag Team Racing, it's interesting to find his latest title currently in development at the Japanese based Dimps. Vivendi did confirm that Radical remains very much part of the equation for Crash's future in terms of home console releases, but that Dimps had been preferred for Crash Boom Bang because of their expertise on handheld formats.

So whether or not we'll see Dimps' Crash Bang Boom on the Wii or an all-new title from Radical remains to be seen at this stage; look out for more on Perameles gunnii, of the order polyprotodonta, soon.

Didn't see this coming...

Crash Bandicoot has been shit ever since it hit the PS2, ie, ever since Naughty Dog stopped making them. Had some fun times with CB 2, 3 and CTR though.

I agree but i also really liked the first one. Wrath of Cortex was rubbish although there were a few fun levels. I Was disappointed.

Then I couldnt be bothered to get any more Crash games because of the bad reviews for 'tag-team-racing' (which looked crap anyway and may I say a rip-off from Double dash?) Twin Sanity looked okay but I'd just bought mario sunshine, which i bought quite a while after it was actually released. So yeah, Its gone downhill pretty bad.

Oh has anyone played Crash Bash on the PS1? That was one of the last games to be released on the system but I thought it was great, apart from a couple of levels got too frustrating. For anyone who doesnt know about it - its a bit like mario party, but better, so It could be similar to Crash Boom Bang and if that gets a release on Wii, Crash may be fun again.

Crash Bash was awesome. If the PSX had had four controller ports without needing a multitap it would have been even better. Some of the games in Crash Bash (there were only around 10 IIRC) put the Mario Party games to shame. It's just a shame it was just a collection of games and didn't have any board game style multiplayer to tie them together.

Crash Team Racing > Mario Kart 64.

Contraversial opinion perhaps, but I think it's a shame that CTR was only on the PSX - it's a really good karting game and the battle mode especially leaves MK64 in the dust.

It may have been a Mario Kart clone but I think Naughty Dog did a better job than Nintendo that generation.

Oh i didnt realise Naughty dog had stopped making em, I assumed they did but run flat out of ideas.

See? This thing happens to nearly every game that has a change in developer, biggest one being Tomb Raider.

But when Tomb Raider was given to Crystal Dynamics the end product was great!

Crash Bandicoot has been shit ever since it hit the PS2, ie, ever since Naughty Dog stopped making them. Had some fun times with CB 2, 3 and CTR though.

very true ctr i even would as far as to say that ctr is better than mario kart 64.the one player is so much fun

please make a traditional crash platformer with the return of the apple bazooka with wii controls,it would work great

Crash Team Racing > Mario Kart 64.

Contraversial opinion perhaps, but I think it's a shame that CTR was only on the PSX - it's a really good karting game and the battle mode especially leaves MK64 in the dust.

It may have been a Mario Kart clone but I think Naughty Dog did a better job than Nintendo that generation.

QFT

It was amazing. The levels, weapons, modes and turbo/handling mechagnisms - all better than mario kart 64

id even go as far as saying it was even better than double dash and MKDS

in my honest opinion

QFT

It was amazing. The levels, weapons, modes and turbo/handling mechagnisms - all better than mario kart 64

id even go as far as saying it was even better than double dash and MKDS

in my honest opinion

i believe it was.The story mode was so much fun and really lasted a while..Iv been saying it for years that mario kart needs a story mode...not a crap mission mode

i believe it was.The story mode was so much fun and really lasted a while..Iv been saying it for years that mario kart needs a story mode...not a crap mission mode

definetly, i really like mario kart, its just that there is no proper story, no 'proper' bosses. okay there is in mission mode but its not the same.

i think the reason that CTR was so good was because of the pace. you wizz through levels and its more of an adrenaline rush, where-as MK you're wanting your kart to speed up a bit because of how painfully slow the pace is. CTR is quick fire GO GO GO

i miss it :(

in MK im sure everyone has been in the position where you have no items but just a long flat home straight and then a blue shell comes. more speed!

Yeah, CTR is far better than every Mario Kart except for Mario Kart DS, which is pretty much on par with CTR. CTR had just the most amazingly fun battle modes and the tracks were original, after being subject to the typical ones in Mario Kart for so long. The DS version wins though, cause it's portible and online.

Yeah, CTR is far better than every Mario Kart except for Mario Kart DS, which is pretty much on par with CTR. CTR had just the most amazingly fun battle modes and the tracks were original, after being subject to the typical ones in Mario Kart for so long. The DS version wins though, cause it's portible and online.

I still prefer CTR, tbh i wasnt that impressed with online, plus i dont really care about it being portable. CTR is really old but its still the best cartoon racer

I still prefer CTR, tbh i wasnt that impressed with online, plus i dont really care about it being portable. CTR is really old but its still the best cartoon racer

yes ctr was very underated and it would be the last good crash game.crash bash wasnt great(i think eurocom developed it)

it also had many tracks and the one player had u unlocking more.It was much more challanging than mario kart.Did u ever try the N troopy time trials king boo?U had to complete the race in a certain time then beat n troopey and then u raced OXide who was impossible!

track design was also cool as ye all said.the short cuts were fun to find and remember when u had to collect the letters ctr!Naughty dog were amzing developers and this was their first attempt at this genere!

OMG!Im playing this now!

ctr>every mario kart ever

According to IGN this rumor was denied by those who know. No loss, though.

The quote from IGN:

The rumor started shortly after a Vivendi-held European games summit. Within hours, an overseas website was reporting that Crash Bandicoot would hit Wii sometime in 2007. We called Vivendi for clarification and it turns out that the rumor is false. During a question and answer session, a Vivendi representative was apparently asked about next generation development and replied loosely that the publisher was looking into all consoles. The rumor snowballed from there. A Vivendi spokesperson flatly denied the Crash Bandicoot Wii rumor, calling it "rubbish."

Just to re-iterated for people who don't know, Naughty Dog sold the rights to Crash Bandicoot to Sony after they made CTR (and went on to make the Jak & Daxter series for PS2). The first game made without them, Crash Bash, was actually pretty good - but the series quickly went downhill in the eyes of most fans when it went to current gen hardware.

Interestingly there was an almost identical pattern for Crash's buddy Spyro. Insomniac sold off the rights after they'd made the 3rd Spyro game and concentrated on starting the Ratchet & Clank series for PS2. Spyro continued on current-gen formats but the games have been getting progressively more complicated and by all accounts (don't have time to play endless sequels when there are games like Trauma Center and Phoenix Wright to play!) they have been getting worse. Certainly the first Spyro on the PSX was a smashing game (had real difficulty too!).

A little off-topic but that's me.

Nice to see some agreement with my CTR-love, thanks for not being mindless Nintendo fanboys, guys :D

yes ctr was very underated and it would be the last good crash game.crash bash wasnt great(i think eurocom developed it)

it also had many tracks and the one player had u unlocking more.It was much more challanging than mario kart.Did u ever try the N troopy time trials king boo?U had to complete the race in a certain time then beat n troopey and then u raced OXide who was impossible!

track design was also cool as ye all said.the short cuts were fun to find and remember when u had to collect the letters ctr!Naughty dog were amzing developers and this was their first attempt at this genere!

OMG!Im playing this now!

ctr>every mario kart ever

Yup, OXide was a pain in the ass, he was so quick. Youre constantly yelling "TURBO!!!!!!!!"