NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
david.dakota

How many downloaded games?

I'm not sure of memory and technical jargon, so forgive me if i sound like i've crowled out from a cave-house wearing an orange throwover and a blue tie whilst yelling "Yabba Dabba Doo"...

With Revolution anncounced as coming with 512MB of Flash memory, just how many downloaded N64 games are we talking about being able to save on the Flash (excluding games saves etc?!). I would imagine hundreds of NES, and SNES games could be saved...?

If i remember right the bigest N64 game is 64MB (conker) while other 64 games are from 4MB to 32MB. A snes game is about 1-2MB and a nes game is under 1MB.

It probably depends on the games that you wish to download. For example, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time would most likely take up more memory than something like Pokemon Puzzle League.

It probably depends on the games that you wish to download. For example, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time would most likely take up more memory than something like Pokemon Puzzle League.

If sizes of ROM's are anything to go by (not that I have any) you'll be able to fit hundreds of SNES/NES games or about 10-20 N64 games, depending on what type they are.

Though they will be saveable on SD Cards, and one thing I have just thought of, is that we could all get an account with NIntendo, were we actually play them online and we dont need any memory whatsoever, they're all on a special nintendo server!!!

An N64 ROM is usually about 14mb. Some are bigger (64mb is the biggest) and some are smaller (2mb is the smallest).

A SNES ROM is usually about 2mb. I think the biggest is 8 and the smallest is 200kb.

A NES ROM is between 20 and 200kb.

You should be able to save 30 N64 games at any time, plus more on cards you can buy.

thats assuming the roms would all be stored on the flash memory.

it may be that they can be stored online, and only get downloaded when you want to use them. they stay on your card, until(if ever) they are over written. bear in mind that its possible that the flash memory will be used in a similar way to the xbox's HDD (ie as virtual memory)

thats assuming the roms would all be stored on the flash memory.

it may be that they can be stored online, and only get downloaded when you want to use them. they stay on your card, until(if ever) they are over written. bear in mind that its possible that the flash memory will be used in a similar way to the xbox's HDD (ie as virtual memory)

I doubt you'll have to download the game everytime. Would you want to wait for ages to download Conker every time you wanted play it?

Didn't Iwata say something about being able to put the info from the the card onto your pc as well?

I doubt you'll have to download the game everytime. Would you want to wait for ages to download Conker every time you wanted play it?

they could possibly stream games while you play, to take mario bros as an example (which would load in a few seconds probably anyway but thats not my point) while you're playing level 1-1 it d/l's world 2 and 4, while you play world 1-2 it finished d/l world 2 and 4 d/l's and starts on world 5.

complicated, and probably too complicated for the games that would actually need it (N64) but possible.

but yeah I'm not going to fight this one too hard, I imagine a more workable solution of having the games stored on your PC/different cards would be more likely.

it would still be nice to have the game stored online though, so if your HDD got corrupt/card went missing you had a permanent(ish) backup online

The Revolution has surely enough power to either decompress rom images on the fly and even if not I think Nintendo might offer a different format and not those images you can get from "Warez" sites.

Maybe there is even an option for streaming those games once you bought them and need the storage for other stuff.

I could have swore that I saw someone at IGN.com or Gamespot.com say you could fit every Nintendo made NES and SNES game onto the Revo. and about 10-20 N64 games, but I could be mistaken.

And no, Gamecube games will not be downloadable, the 12 inch disc slot will also take the small GC dics.

Though they will be saveable on SD Cards, and one thing I have just thought of, is that we could all get an account with NIntendo, were we actually play them online and we dont need any memory whatsoever, they're all on a special nintendo server!!!

I wouldn´t want that cuz´ a server is bound to crash sometime and to lose all save-data that way would make at least me go berserk. I prefer to save on a card. It´s much safer.

Maybe they'll have a bigger type of memory storage that you can save your games onto, then if you want to play them you have to put them on your flash card.

I've heard a rumour that the flash memory is just for Rev saved games, and there will be a hard disc for the old games. But I have a feeling that ain't true.

about that saving on the pc, ninty could link that up to your VIP account on their website, like when you get stuff of the stars cataolugou its still there if your pc has crashed. you could buy it off the website it gets stored in your account so you can acceess it anytime, and send it to your revo

And no, Gamecube games will not be downloadable, the 12 inch disc slot will also take the small GC dics.

Why did I think they would?

Hum, nevermind, NES games will be enough for me anyway.

i could see me buying the rev just for some of the 64 games that i missed.

Sign in to follow this