NEurope

I booked a coach ticket there on the whim.

So, what's there to do? I want to do the stereotypical sightseeing stuff. Any recommendations of how to get around, what to see? Prices? Any good watering holes?

kthnx

Blackfox basically. The tube is your friend. I go to London all the time. Get a all day travel card and just go everywhere walk anywhere. And the thing is because of the tube you cant get lost! Your bound to see a tube station and then you can just chill out and get back to where you want. Make sure you got to Westminster!

lets meet up and play with each other.

Lets make fun innuendos :P

Last time i went i went over to the docks to see the Canary warf etc up close.

Big Ben, Buckingham palace. etc

I enjoyed the History & Science museums too. And the Tate modern.

go to the namco bar is right next to the london eye and across from the houses of parliament!

trocadero if u want to play Mario kart, f-zero ax etc etc.

Park lane and pop into the aston martin shop.

If you are after strange buildings to see, then you cant go wrong and take a gander and the giant massive erect cock

LonSwissReMdV5623.jpg

errr. Picadildo circus is a great place, lots of shops and other crap. Oxford street for the same reason. You can always go to hackney and experience what it would be like to live in garbage.

I hated london, but i did like the london dugeon go there :)

London is one of the worst places to live, and thats a fact.

I like London. I've been there several times, and there's always something new to find. I recommend you take a stroll up each side of the river, crossing at the Tower bridge and see what you find in the ajoining streets.

I like London. I've been there several times, and there's always something new to find. I recommend you take a stroll up each side of the river, crossing at the Tower bridge and see what you find in the ajoining streets.

Im guessing hobo's :heh:

If your going to pelt the queen with rotten fruit then it will be worth the trip :). Is sega world still in london? that place rocked.

Im guessing hobo's :heh:

If your going to pelt the queen with rotten fruit then it will be worth the trip :). Is sega world still in london? that place rocked.

Yeah, its just called trocadero now, its great, but i can imagine how easily someone could get raped there X_X

I tried walking around tower bridge and all them areas, my uni was riggght next to it, and me and my friends used to go around walking around for 2 hours, realised to enjoy it, we needed money.

thats the bottom line, to enjoy the place, u need to have MONEY

Is sega world still in london? that place rocked.

No, closed down years ago.

The only time I've been able to visit London, I only had time to visit the Houses Of Parliament (complete with Tea and Chips on the terrace).

Just stay away from the East end, it's a crime ridden cesspool. The west end is the biggest tourist area probably.

Yeah, its just called trocadero now, its great, but i can imagine how easily someone could get raped there X_X

I tried walking around tower bridge and all them areas, my uni was riggght next to it, and me and my friends used to go around walking around for 2 hours, realised to enjoy it, we needed money.

thats the bottom line, to enjoy the place, u need to have MONEY

the trocadero what a shit name :(.

I heard you cant even feed the pigeons in trafulgar square anymore which is crap i liked that was great fun having birds all over yea :), but rebel foxy and feed them anyway.

Just stay away from the East end, it's a crime ridden cesspool.

Yeah, stay out of my manor or it's curtains for you.

I live in London and as a gamer to another gamer i highly recommend you go to trocedero in piccardily circus and the namco bar on the south bank (near that big wheel thing ;) )

If you're into sightseeing jump on one of those Big Bus tours... if not make sure you go see Big ben and parliament, Buckingham palace and the mall, trafalgar square, leicester square, covent garden (good bars around there and crazy guys performing in the street for coppers :)) maybe go on the London eye, go to Tower bridge and the tower of london, St pauls, Hyde park, oxford street (for shopping and to see a crazy amount of people and traffic) and maybe even a visit to the london dungeon. Also as triforcemario said, go to the science museum it is awesome!!

Dont forget to Visit camden aswell, great markets for clothes and cool t shirts and just generally good shops along the high street.

Best thing to do is buy the London Time out magazine. It will tell you some places to go and whats going on.

I usually like drinking in the following areas: Covent garden, leicester square, charing cross road, soho area.

To get around, Buy a day travel card and you can use train, tube and bus..Tube is the best way but in the heat is a nightmare, so walking/bus might be better or if you have money get a cab as they will take you exactly where you need/want to be.

Ok, muchos thanks to the people who replied. I'll grab me a map of the tube and one of those day tickets (Platty - taxis - we dont all work fulltime! :p).

I'll probably see: the museums (science, british, V&A), westminister, churchill's war room, the london eye (if the queues are too long), trafalger & leicester square, London bridge, tower and dungeon!

I have 11 hours there so i should be able to fit most stuff in! I'll try do everything I can in the time I have, then maybe round things off with a drink!

Anyway, thanks for the advice, hope the weather holds!

I'm at Edinburgh right now and will go to London the 12th of July I think ^^. It will be my first time.

Edinburgh rocks, you should go to it during the festival (August). There's so much stuff to do there.