NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
elitemario

Region free? Small monitor?

I remember some talk about the Wii not being regionlocked, but I don't remember any comfirmation about it. Has Nintendo talked about this? and what can we expect? Since we are getting closer to launch :grin: it would to nice the know this... If its not locked I'll buy it here in Denmark, but if not, I'll probably go for the US model... so is there any official word about this? or beliveable rumors?

Next issue... Im planing on exchanging my 28" philips widescreen crt tv for at lcd monitor, that I can use for both pc use, hd movies and ofcause WII... I'm going to get a 24" (res: 1920x1200) or 30" (res: 2650x1600) and connect the WII via componet input... how do you think this will work? do you think there will be any complications playing WII not more than, lets say 60-100cm from the screen, in terms of the remote being precise etc.?

Nintendo haven't said anything about region lock yet, but, all other home consoles by Nintendo have been region locked. Handhelds, as far as I know, are all region free. I would expect it to be locked.

I've also thought that Nintendo were quite "funny" with importers. If that's the case, then the likely bet would be that the console will be region locked.

Yes.. But the PS3 is not... atleast not on games... I would like to buy my Wii in Denmark, because of warranty issues etc. and if the launce date will be the same in US and EU I'll be able to get my hand on the system on lauch day, and not a few days after, which would be the case if i order a us model... But being able to get games fast and not having to wait for the eu releases is also important...

Are you guys importing or getting a EU model?

If it aint region free, then we can always count on another freeloader.

We could, but probably not if we plan on connecting the Wii to the net

It better be region free. I think the DS would ahve a sold less if it wasn't. And people wouldn't be able to buy games from Jap/US that might not come out over here.

e.g ouendan, which many people ahve bought.

Personally, they should follow the 360 on this. A few games are region locked, a few games arent. Allows more sales in a region and no dissapointed fans if the game doesnt shift continent.

Personally, they should follow the 360 on this. A few games are region locked, a few games arent. Allows more sales in a region and no dissapointed fans if the game doesnt shift continent.

That's the most plausible option i think. Nintendo would region lock only the games they plan to lauch all over the world.

Sign in to follow this