NEurope
Razz

P.N.03 Music

Ok, I know that the game itself was pretty poor, no matter how much you might have wanted to like it for it's good looks and moves. But did anyone here like the music alot? I really thought the music was quality, and if the game itself was better in terms of gameplay, this could have been an amazing game. (Also I really like the PowerDrives)

What are your thoughts?

All I can remember about this game was endless white corridors and some woman dancing around the place.

Hmm, I might still check this title out some day..

It was on my wishlist from the very beginning, I had my eye on the game (Shooting stuff with a sexy lady doesn't sound wrong, especially done by Capcom), then I read the IGN review, and read about the poor controls? I don't know, I usually decide for myself, and I guess it's still on that wishlist, but it has a lower priority.. PN03 is a game you can still find easily is stores, unlike some other titles on my wishlist.. For example, I intend to do my first Amazon marketplace purchase, to buy Ikaruga (als Golden Sun by the way, which I also can't find anymore).

What is the music like buy the way? I'd imagine some techno influences.. Allthough, "game techno" isn't exactly (allways) "real techno".

i remember it. It was good but it wasn't anything extra-ordinary. Just ur add water type of trance music.

I recall having a demo which was OK, but it didnt quite hit the mark in demo form. PN03 initially looked the most promising of the Capcom 5, bt for some reason never lived up to that promise.

I bought it when it came out, and I partly regret that, but now I've seen it for like 10 bucks in some places and for that price I would pick it up without blinking. It's like a new take on old-school shoot em ups (similair in way that Jet Force Gemini was an new take on old-school shoot em ups, except they both took different directions). It's not a run-and-gun 3rd person shoot em up like Max Payne etc, you should more think of it like a new take on Dogs of War (the Atari ST/Amiga version) or shoot em ups like Xenon, R-Type perhaps. The reason many people don't like it is because:

a) 'difficult' controls, since you can't run and shoot at the same time in a easy dual analog setup. But that's the point, the game wouldn't work at all if you where able to do that. And it didn't take me more then 10 minutes before I got the controls right, and then you can make some awsome moves that impresses anyone who's looking :)

b) repetetive graphics. Sure, they are rather repetetive, but the graphics where great when they came, technically. And they are still good technically and the graphics are very stylish. I like it, even thought it is repetetive, becouse it fits the style.

Get it if you find it for a decent price (<half the original price)

I liked the game. A tad short if I remember correctly.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that. It's a bit on the short side but IMO it has rather high replability, many difficulty levels, you can choose a different play style via different power ups etc.