NEurope
Atomic Boo

New Maiden Album

Iron maiden are bringing out, in early September time, a new album entitled:

A matter of life and death. This apparently will be their second till last album they produce and they're really pleased with the songs and and how well the work in the studio went. Here is the album art, which i think rocks:

Iron-maiden_a-matter-of-life-and-death.jpg

They should be playing some of the songs from this album in the late 2006 tour in the UK that im going to!

Here is the full track list:

Different Worlds (Adrian Smith, Steve Harris) – 4:17

These Colours Don't Run (Smith, Harris, Bruce Dickinson) – 6:52

Brighter Than a Thousand Suns (Smith, Harris, Dickinson) – 8:44

The Pilgrim (Janick Gers, Harris) – 5:07

The Longest Day (Smith, Harris, Dickinson) – 7:48

Out Of the Shadows (Dickinson, Harris) – 5:36

The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg (Dave Murray, Harris) – 7:21

For the Greater Good of God (Harris) – 9:24

Lord of Light (Smith, Harris, Dickinson) – 7:23

The Legacy (Gers, Harris) – 9:20

there are a few song descriptions on wikipedia if you want to know more about them

I cant wait!

This news was announced quite a while ago but i forgot to tell everybody.

Feel free to post the interviews, i cant be bothered to find them right now.

CANT WAIT!! ill be d/ling this as soon as i can and will be buying on launch :D

*iron maiden is one of my fav bands*

Oh, my, gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwd.

Dance of Death turned out to be one of my favourites in the end, they're getting even better in their maturity.

Sign me up.

Fuck yeeeeah! Haven't heard any of the songs yet though, so hope it doesn't turn out to be a dud, but still it's fucking MAIDEN!!! Nice cover too.

I read about this a while back, sounds like it's gonna be brill. I'll prolly pick this up on release! ^^

Manchester. Triv (who everyone seems to hate, but who I think are rather good) in support. Should be a fun night, if anyones coming, I'll be the one with the rum.

Manchester. Triv (who everyone seems to hate, but who I think are rather good) in support. Should be a fun night, if anyones coming, I'll be the one with the rum.

yeah i really like trivium too. ascendancy is a great album imo. but im not sure why they are opening the show. they should perform half-way through the set.

Lol, halfway through Maiden?? That would never work, they'd get booed. Besides, the smaller lesser known band always starts off the show.

I can't wait for this Maiden are one of my most FAV bands EVER.....what you mean "2nd to last album" Maiden will NEVER die they are gods i tell ya GODS!!!!!!!

*cough*

erm..sorry bout that.

Maiden are coming to Dublin on Dec 20th i still don't know if i can go, which is a balls cause i've been to their last two concerts here which were some of my best days ever (notice how i said days.. yes i am one of those people who go to the venue in the early morning to queue up.... but there's always people there before me :heh:)

I'd love to see them again, but with the gig is on a Wednesday so i don't know if i could get the day off work (started) a new job a few weeks ago, and if i did ask for it off it would be more cuz i'm thinking of going on holiday to the philippines round end of december into january... oh well maybe next time

Also i'm a big Trivium fan also, and i think them opening for Iron Maiden is a great combination for a mind blowing concert

This apparently will be their second till last album they produce

People have been saying this for years, but I truly would like to know where the fuck you got this from. Nowadays, apparently, every album Maiden make is their last or second to last... Stop saying shit like this when the band themselves scream with all their lungs that they still have plenty of music left in them.

Nothing personal, King Boo. :)

And it's true, you can't beat their older stuff. BNW might be good and hardly old, but it's no Powerslave (best ever!), Iron Maiden, Killers or Number of the Beast.

I can't wait for this Maiden are one of my most FAV bands EVER.....what you mean "2nd to last album" Maiden will NEVER die they are gods i tell ya GODS!!!!!!!

*cough*

erm..sorry bout that.

Maiden are coming to Dublin on Dec 20th i still don't know if i can go, which is a balls cause i've been to their last two concerts here which were some of my best days ever (notice how i said days.. yes i am one of those people who go to the venue in the early morning to queue up.... but there's always people there before me :heh:)

I'd love to see them again, but with the gig is on a Wednesday so i don't know if i could get the day off work (started) a new job a few weeks ago, and if i did ask for it off it would be more cuz i'm thinking of going on holiday to the philippines round end of december into january... oh well maybe next time

Also i'm a big Trivium fan also, and i think them opening for Iron Maiden is a great combination for a mind blowing concert

I might be going to that too, would be a brill gig :)

People have been saying this for years, but I truly would like to know where the fuck you got this from. Nowadays, apparently, every album Maiden make is their last or second to last... Stop saying shit like this when the band themselves scream with all their lungs that they still have plenty of music left in them.

Nothing personal, King Boo. :)

And it's true, you can't beat their older stuff. BNW might be good and hardly old, but it's no Powerslave (best ever!), Iron Maiden, Killers or Number of the Beast.

Dont worry, but i may be right. Im not sure why people have been getting the message for a while that their previous albums will be their last/second till last album.

Here's my point. In a recent interview with Steve Harris who started the band, he said he always had a particular number of studio albums he wanted to make - that number was 15. Do the maths. 15 - 13 (studio albums theyve done so far) = 2... A Matter of Life and Death will be the 14th album, or, second till last album.

That is the truth.

However, you may be right and they might want to continue making studio albums, you never know.

But Nicko Mcbrain - drummer - said he wants to stop playing for maiden before he turns 60 so maiden would have to get a new drummer if they were to carry on.

there's my explanation.

P.S I do hope they release more albums, unless their 'oldness' turns them bad, which probably wont happen.

I might be going to that too, would be a brill gig :)

that would be wicked if we could both go and meet up in the mosh pit, haha: peace:

You best hurry up and decide. Tickets sold out months ago

We're talking about the Dublin gig, i checked yesterday there's still standing tickets left...don't know about seated but i would buy seated tix anyway:heh:

King Boo, I forgot to mention, but I'll do it now: people have also been saying for years that each new Nintendo console is going to be their last. So there ya go. :heh:

King Boo, I forgot to mention, but I'll do it now: people have also been saying for years that each new Nintendo console is going to be their last. So there ya go. :heh:

But there's a slight difference:

thats bullcrap

But there's a slight difference:

thats bullcrap

Oh hohoho. Fire in the hole!

But yeah, Maiden are getting on in years, I'm not sure they can do the live thing for much longer, but I suppose they could continue making albums...

The Bard is a Scrubs fan, a Maiden fan and a Dragonball fan. If he likes Azumanga i'm gonna ask him to marry me.