NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DiemetriX

Just started FF7

It's absolutely amazing in Midgar but it kinda falls apart when you leave the place...

I thought the whole game was going to be set in Midgar (I was a little kid and impressionable, sue me!) but when I found it was only a dot on the world map I couldn't believe it!

It feels so magical when you return to Midgar too - that game holds some great moments with me.

when i played this for first time back in the day i LOVED it couldnt stop playing :D

(completed 3 times)

Got this game on the PS1, then played it on PC, which in my opinion is alot easier then the PS1 version, couldn't figure out why. Now I got on PSX:

FF1, FF2, FF4, FF5, FF6, FF7, FF8, FF9, FF10, FF10-2 (lets not speak about that one).

On PC:

FF7, FF8.

Cant wait for the movie.

Advent Children is pretty amazing to watch. The story isn't up to much, but when the game had a 30-hour-plus story (FFVII took me 34 hours first time around, compared to around 12 hours for Ocarina of Time) you can't expect something just as deep and complex from a 2-hour movie. Watch it, enjoy it, but don't moan about it afterwards as most of the people who've seen it seem to do.

I started to play this game like a year ago and never got past the first disk just dont see it being better than ff8, best ff ever i think but maube if i play further through 7 i might enjoy it more, alot of my friends have told bme its the best ff, so all give it another shot..

havent finished dl the movie, should i play through ff7 first tho???

ifirjjkt.jpg

Take The quiz yourself!

same happened to me cheapshot lol, it was mind blowing to find that it was only a dot on the map.

ifirjjkt.jpg

Take The quiz yourself!

Advent Children is pretty amazing to watch. The story isn't up to much, but when the game had a 30-hour-plus story (FFVII took me 34 hours first time around, compared to around 12 hours for Ocarina of Time) you can't expect something just as deep and complex from a 2-hour movie. Watch it, enjoy it, but don't moan about it afterwards as most of the people who've seen it seem to do.

Dont need to worry about that. I mean I am probably one of the few that really liked FF:Spirits within. And besides I am really looking forward to this movie. I don't see anything bad about it.

EDIT: If you play FF7 and watch spirits within you will see that doctor, whatever his name was, says almost the same thing as bugenhagen, i think his name was, in cosmo canyon, in FF7 about spirits returning to the earth and such. Could this have been the first FF7 movie? ... Maybe.

Yeah, I agree with DiametriX here, I was a hella beautiful game, the backdrops and locations were the most memorable pre renders I've ever seen. TBH, to me It looks better than most PS2 real time graphics, except for the characters, but even they, with their blocky hands had their charm.

To Hero, the reason why so many people love it is because it's sort of the "blade runner" of modern RPG's, it had everything, and you either "got" it or you didn't.

I was lucky in that respect, because one day I went to the games shop, I only had £12. I looked in the preowned bin and picked it up and it looked impressive, so I got it. I went into it without any expectations of any kind, which is probably why I love it so much. Still, to each his own eh?

Even if the graphics were 2d sprites, this is still them most beautiful game ever made.

Even if the graphics were 2d sprites, this is still them most beautiful game ever made.

Wouldn't say it was beautiful. Having recently replayed it, you do notice the graphics are quite painful at times. The game was amazing, but it now has its flaws considering advancements in gaming.

Wouldn't say it was beautiful. Having recently replayed it, you do notice the graphics are quite painful at times. The game was amazing, but it now has its flaws considering advancements in gaming.

Of course, but for its time it was truly amazing in every department.

The only improvements in games over the years that I've noticed are graphical. Super Mario World and Chrono Trigger remain the greatest games ever made, regardless of the graphics. They are the closest Games and art have ever come

The only improvements in games over the years that I've noticed are graphical. Super Mario World and Chrono Trigger remain the greatest games ever made, regardless of the graphics. They are the closest Games and art have ever come

Creating a game is an art in a sense, so technically every game is art. Some pieces just aren't as good as others. And yes graphical improvements can make old games painful to play. Though other improvement for example are loading and saving times, controller changes inc. configuration of buttons, size of games due to larger medium of storage.

You look at a nice shiny new car and an ld rust bucket, I know which one I would chose.

I see your point to some extent, but the rusty car analogy is pretty crap (no offense). I agree with the loading times, but only retrospectively, when I boot up my snes, every menu comes up instantaneously, no loads so in that sense it's all good. The load times in FF7 weren't very noticable tbh. Maybe I'm just wierd in this respect, but I actually prefer SNES sprite based graphics compared to the polygon based cube/ps2/xbox kind, I donno, it seems to me to capture more what I like to call "the spirit of videogames." If anyone says "videogames" to me, I immediately think, Contra, Metal Slug, Street Fighter and Chrono Trigger, not Grand Theft Auto or Halo 2. Videogames these days are just based on graphical detail, and thats partly why the old school games were so amazing, they were graphically limited, so they had to go all out and make sure the games were damn fun, which resulted on the two greatest consoles ever to grace the planet, the Snes and the Megadrive.

I think as old as FF7's graphics may look, the fact of the matter is that they capture the atmosphere perfectly, I mean, the first and last time I set foot inside Cosmo Canyon, and the music played, I just stood there admiring the view and taking it all in, and that's the kind of thing you don't find in games anymore.

Still, whatever...

completed FF7 3 times LOVED IT!! enjoy

i liked FF8 but got boring near the end

Sign in to follow this