NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Goron_3

Appealing to Casual/Non Gamers

After listening to the Revo-Europe podcast, I suddenly realised something that hadn't occured to me before. Brain Training and Nintendogs have been big, but what next? It seems to me as if after these, most of the other games aimed at Non-Gamers coming out are just remakes of Brain Training...will the same happen to Wii?

Wii currently has Wii Sports and Wii: Motor Sports, aswell as Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, however what other games do you think Nintendo could pull together to interest people?

My idea would be a game called Wii:Party, which would have a bunch of small, Multiplayer only games that are designed to get people into games quickly.

This could include Wii: Jenga (Ok, sounds stupid, but would actually be really fun! And unlike real life Jenga, you wouldn't have to keep making it after it falls because you could just reset it :P). I'm pretty sure a lot of adults and parents would be willing to play this.

Wii: Wack-a-mole: I thought of this just as the I was writing this, but makes sense no?

Finally, I was thinking of Wii: Darts? COME ON NINTENDO, GIVE US THIS! You would mimic the throwing action, but instead of literally throwing the controller, you would let go/press the A button.

Anyway, what do you think Nintendo could do in the future to appeal to non-gamers? Brain Training wouldn't be convenient on a TV and without a touch screen...What about Wii: Nintendogs?

Bring forth your thoughts on your ideas for the Wii :D

Nintendo have plenty of innovative ideas, they'd never turn to remakes and sequels.

If those games are on the VC, they'r welcome. But don't make me buy a disk for that. Or at least give me the option for disk or VC, since not everyone is going to connect the Wii to the internet.

If those games are on the VC, they'r welcome. But don't make me buy a disk for that. Or at least give me the option for disk or VC, since not everyone is going to connect the Wii to the internet.

Completely agree!

Darts... I don't think it would work. I'd always throw it :p

Actually, good point :grin:

nintendo could use this as a masterplan to get people to break their controllers, and then buy new ones, meaning MORE profit :P

Nintendo have plenty of innovative ideas, they'd never turn to remakes and sequels.

Nintendogs: Dachshund and Friends

Nintendogs: Chihuahua and Friends

Nintendogs: Shiba and Friends

Nintendogs: Dalmation and Friends

Definitely not.

(If you were being sarcastic just ignore this, use a smiley in future though :heh: )

Definitely not.

(If you were being sarcastic just ignore this, use a smiley in future though :heh: )

Actually only one of those games is a sequel, the rest were released together like Pokemon, you can't blame them for using that method.

Definitely not.

These games are more like different flavours of the same game. I doubt many people have bought more than one of the above games. This way, they can reach out to more people. I might be talking rubbish here, because I haven't played any of them!

IMO, calling it Wii wasnt a good way to attract non-gamers

Ahhh, but you're not a non-gamer, so how would you know?

I mean it's surely better than Ultra-Play-Oblong 256Xtreme!!

Definitely not.

Do you know, I can't remember how I meant it. ::shrug: But those weren't technically sequels, but they were different versions of the game to appeal to different people.

Ahhh, but you're not a non-gamer, so how would you know?

I mean it's surely better than Ultra-Play-Oblong 256Xtreme!!

hehe yeah thats a good point. i bet they just dont understand X-box

IMO, calling it Wii wasnt a good way to attract non-gamers

Lots of friends and family members that know nothing about games know what the Wii is, mainly because of the name.

I'm really enjoying Brain Training. It gives me something quick to do, if I'm ever bored.

Darts... I don't think it would work. I'd always throw it :p

Yea, thats what i was thinking.

Just imagine if you had a £2500+ Plasma HDTV.....

Didn't that sell really poorly in Japan? or am i dreaming up sales again...::shrug:

I think it is soon to be released.

I think it is soon to be released.

Actually I just saw a TV add for it on youtube so it must already be out.

Personally though, i don't see it selling very well and it won't be the next big brain training.

Sign in to follow this