NEurope
Goron_3

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

all the RE men have long hair. That makes them all gay. Other than that it looks ok. I'm sure RE5 will be much better but the wii needs a light-gun game. I'm surprised no one else has done one so far.

oh hell no!!!

My only minor concern at this time (and I'm sure Capcom will reach the same conclusion) is that when I shoot a zombie I don't just want that traditional poofs of blood. I want to able to blow gaping torso holes and limbs off. Surely a must if there is any point in the whole lightgun theme.

all the RE men have long hair. That makes them all gay.

OK, the gay comment was... kinda weird. But, how do all the RE men have long hair? Leon doesn't. Chris doesn't. Wesker doesn't. Krauser doesn't. :blank:

OK, the gay comment was... kinda weird. But, how do all the RE men have long hair? Leon doesn't. Chris doesn't. Wesker doesn't. Krauser doesn't. :blank:

Blender just wants to troll.

Blender just wants to troll.

Blender or is it Bender? - maybe he likes long haired guys but is reluctant to admit it! :bouncy:

Hang on I'm trolling now - I better shut up! lol

;)

The games already getting a lot of negative press on here but I have a good feeling about it - I dont think it's just gonna be as simple as shooting things - I'm sure there will be some depth to it! (fingers crossed).

I wonder why RE:UC does not have areas from RE:CV?

Yeah me too.. I loved it! (that horror and brother/sister love made almost unique) :grin:

I agree!

I'm not too keen on...un-real girls. But, for her, anything.

Rebecca > rest of RE-girls.
My opinion:

topshot83oz5.png

Yeah, I was bored. :heh:(I only changed the names)

My opinion:

topshot83ms7.png

haha. Tales of phantasia sure was an awesome game.

A poster on another forum said this:

"First, it may be a rail shooter but the camera isn't fixed like in House of the Dead.. You have the ability to look around so everything is real time.. In Famitsu it says, IIRC, that you have to look around/off of the fixed rail camera to see secrets..

It also says there are interactive paths.. This could mean something like Killer 7 or it could be like House of the Dead games (ie. hit the elevetor button or take the stairs).

There are also times in the game where it pulls out to a 3rd person view for QTE events..

That's what we know so far.. There could be puzzles yet and plenty more we don't know.. Imagine fighting old bosses in this new dimension. There are also entirely new scenes that haven't been in other RE games - like the Umbrella headquarters.

The game could surprise everyone who has the opinion that it's just a "rail shooter."

My opinion:

topshot83oz5.png

Just the names.

Just the names.

It's true, the literal translation of the original jap ToP is like that.

My opinion:

topshot83oz5.png

ROFL!!!

thumbs up for making me laugh and wanting me to play the game again ^_^

anyway this game does look good and I really hope that CV will also be in the game as I think that game holds curtail parts about the story about Wesker and Umbrella, so it would be kinda weird if they didn't add that part of the storyline

anyway this game does look good and I really hope that CV will also be in the game as I think that game holds curtail parts about the story about Wesker and Umbrella, so it would be kinda weird if they didn't add that part of the storyline

Yeah Wesker was amazing in C.V especially when...

[spoiler=]He was fighting Alexia and then the final battle with Chris. Also his bitch slapping of Claire was awesome.

A mate of mine just finished C.V for the first time the other day, the jammy git. Wish I could go through all the R Evil games again without knowing what was going to happen.

About the "on-rails" gameplay.

I think that the character does not move by themselves alone. You probably push the analog stick to move them along a set path, back and forth, like a train...

When you are in the big hall you will probably have the freedom to move around freely. But whence you get to the stairs, the character will probably lock on to the "tracks" if you know what I mean.

Well if they were smart they should have done it that way.

About the "on-rails" gameplay.

I think that the character does not move by themselves alone. You probably push the analog stick to move them along a set path, back and forth, like a train...

When you are in the big hall you will probably have the freedom to move around freely. But whence you get to the stairs, the character will probably lock on to the "tracks" if you know what I mean.

Well if they were smart they should have done it that way.

Is it just me or does that make it sound like Thomas the Tank Engine Chronicles? :grin:

My only worry about the game is the length of it - hopefully Capcom will cram enough to get around 20hrs playtime on main game then of course loads of secret stuff to unlock.

51351520070406_123807_9_big.jpg
The bullet holes in the doorframe are awesome!

I guess these doors replace the loading doors of Resi games in the past that have used them!

This game won't need loading doors (like Resi 4 didn't), but it's a homage to them and now you get the satisfaction of blasting straight through them!

What's with all the vertical scanlines across all the shots? Is that an 'artsy' thing put in just to hide the fact that the resolution sucks ass?