NEurope
Goron_3

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Damn, you people sure are lucky to be playing this game already. I hope mine is shipped and arriving today. They better be! Otherwise I might have just gone out and bought it.

I like the sound of a challenging experience. It may not be a true lightgun experience, but I think Ghost Squad is filling that gap for me. Like some site mentioned, GH and RE:UC are quite the opposite of each other and a great combo together.

One is traditional, short and pure action. The other is long, story-driven and just quite different to other games in the genre.

I totally agree, you summed it up perfectly (are you sure you haven't got the game lol )

It's kept me off mario for the last couple of days 80 stars ) Oh!! and i must get back to MP3 aswell. Can't understand these people who say they are bored with the Wii and haven't touched it in weeks!!

My copy arrived today , unfortunately I have been banned from opening it till Christmas Day. I wonder if I can get away with stating that it wasn't cellophane wrapped and sneak a quick play.

My copy arrived today , unfortunately I have been banned from opening it till Christmas Day. I wonder if I can get away with stating that it wasn't cellophane wrapped and sneak a quick play.

Worth a try or swap the disc with a game you've completed.

i'm getting my arse into town tomorrow and buying myself a copy right after going to a local police auction. Confiscated expensive stuff at low low prices!

Well, I've completed all of the RE Zero and 1 sections so far, and it's getting far more fun! I love all the extra side-story's in each section too, it really adds a lot to the plot.

I must be getting a lot better too, because I'm getting A and B ranks atm. ^^ Although I was so close to an S rank on the 'Beginnings 2' scenario. I had everything at S rank, apart from 'Critical Hits' which was only a C, so I got a B for that. There's definitely tons of replay value here, I'm itching to get all S ranks on every mission.

Ahhhh want this but no time at all to play! Will have to wait till I finish work for xmas I reckon, if enough members here say it is worth playing.

Been having a good play session, a few small niggles that are kinda getting to me is how much stuff seems to have been changed/left out story wise to to the full games, like Rebbecca asking Billy if he really killed all those people, not just too early but also in the completely wrong area... though i guess it being a lightgun game spanning 3 games with extra levels we can't expect every moment recreated.

Also disappointed they completely left out the "young" Dr. Marcus

But i'm still enjoying the game loads, and the extra levels are great, although with only one character in these can you not do these levels co-op?

Playing as Wesker was awesome, and it's great to get to see what Rebbecca was doing after Zero and before Alpha team arrived.

Controls are nice but there's one aspect thats left me a little confused, and thats the control for using a grenade, hold down A, and press B? Why not use the unused Z button on the nunchuck? It should be hold down Z and swing the nunchuck, so you can toss a grenade and still be shooting at the same time, which would feel much more natural in making you feel like you're holdin a gun in one hand and a grenade in the other.

The obvious reason for this is the controls were likely based around the Wii Zapper, and this only shows the major fatal flaw of that shell, if developers are gonna base controls around it, it seriously limits what they can do with controls as it removes the nunchucks motion sensing.

But overall still loving the game, though i don't seem to be finding many "files" which is annoying, i'm shooting everything so where the hell are they? :heh:

haha

Ahhhh want this but no time at all to play! Will have to wait till I finish work for xmas I reckon, if enough members here say it is worth playing.

If you're an RE fan yes it is, if you've not played an RE game before, it's a nice quick introduction to get you aquainted with most of whats happened

Also anyone else getting a real urge to want to replay the actual full games games? Good thing i got them all on the Gamecube, yay

Oh yeah what difficulty is everyone on? I've seen a few people say they finding "easy" a bit hard, i'm playing on "normal" and flying through it, only died once and that was the boss at the end of "beginings 2"

The initial reaction when this game was revealed was "oh, it's just a lightgun game."

Can you guys safely say that this is just a lightgun game, or is it more than that? Is there depth here? Repetition?

How does it compare to classic Resident Evil titles, what is the pace like?

I loved RE:O and REmake, so would I instantly love this?

The initial reaction when this game was revealed was "oh, it's just a lightgun game."

Can you guys safely say that this is just a lightgun game, or is it more than that? Is there depth here? Repetition?

No it's not just a lightgun game, as normal lightgun games are designed for arcade use they tend to be completed quite easy and fast, this is gonna take a fair bit longer, and it does feel that bit harder than your regular arcade game.

Trying to find the hidden files in the levels to do add some depth (but you don't get to read them till you finish the level)

How does it compare to classic Resident Evil titles, what is the pace like?

Well i don't think you can compare it to them, it is completely different after all, the pace is quicker, but the camera movement even though on rails moves around a bit (as if teh character was looking round) and you could see no enemies one second, the camera turns to look round a corner, turns back and suddenly there's a zombie in your face, so it does keep that shock/fear factor going.

I loved RE:O and REmake, so would I instantly love this?

I say you would, i'm a big RE freak and i'm quite enjoying it, it's nice to get a quick refresher on what happened in a previous game without having to go through the whole thing (although i do now have an urge to play Zero again) and seeing it play out a little different (small note: i was a little dissapointed the cockroche and frog monsters from Zero did not appear)

Plus the extra levels are great and help add that little bit of filler to what other characters were doing between some events which is always something i had wondered about, so now i know :)

Ok, from the sound and looks of things...I need this game. :)

Hmm, Christmas Pressie, maybe. ;)

Thanks Franklin, my main man. The Keeper of the Knowledge of all things Resident Evil, and Irish. Up the craic!

If you're an RE fan yes it is, if you've not played an RE game before, it's a nice quick introduction to get you aquainted with most of whats happened

Also anyone else getting a real urge to want to replay the actual full games games? Good thing i got them all on the Gamecube, yay

I am a huge Resident Evil fan yeah.

Funny you should mention playing the old ones I recently went back to and god the controls are awful!

I am a huge Resident Evil fan yeah.

Funny you should mention playing the old ones I recently went back to and god the controls are awful!

RE4 really did ruin the re-play value for me too. I desperately wanted to replay RE0, I started out and I was instantly frustrated. Not just by the controls either, but by the horrid camera angles on the train that saw me shooting at Zombies I couldn't see.

Ah the classic RE debate on controls. They never bothered me so I've always been able to replay them again. Also the older games were more atmospheric and spookier/scarier than RE4 because of the camera. RE4 while awesome did become more arcadefied than the older games.

yeah i too aren't bothered with the classic RE controls, or camera, with the camera as it was you really couldn't have any other control scheme. And i felt the camera gave it more of a horror movie atmosphere and tension, RE4 while great was only had shock moments from the sheer number of enemies in some sections, like an adrenaline fear. (Plus i've always had a problem with RE4's story, and story don't actually see it as a full RE game, more of a spin off, what saves it though is that it is just a great game to play no matter what context its story is in)

A few questions though, i noticed during the "Mansion" levels there were a few parts where you can choose between different paths, and just wondering does the story change much depending on these (or even on which character you play as in 1-player?)

When i finished the mansion level i noticed i had seen no sign nor mention of Barry, which was dissapointing, i was expecting him to pop up as acording to files found in RE2 he did survive the Mansion incident (and RE:UC is meant to be telling the full story of what happened in terms of the grand picture)... also is Lisa Trevor found on any of the paths? She was one of my fav new additions to the REmake and really added to the backstory of Umbrella and their experiments... plus i always felt sorry for her, and my desire to kill her was only to put her out of her misery

:heh:

Also anyone else slightly dissappointed with the Leech Zombies? They scared the living bejesus out of me in Zero, here they are nothing, mostly cuz they don't explode now and where's the molotovs?

Also I find Hunters are going down much easy than I expected... Chimeras though still scary SOBs, haha

The Tyrant at the end of the Mansion level took me bout 5 tries though, mainly cuz my secondary weapons had little ammo left, mostly used the shotgun but i think it's "spread" effect was a major hinderence

Purchased the last copy in stock of this from Tesco's last night. Pretty fun game this, even tho the graphics are 'meh' in a few place's. Controls work fine for me, but sometimes I wonder if I would enjoy it more with the Wii Zapper. Suppose I'll find out after Christmas day. Just beaten the second chapter from the Resident Evil 1 scenario, and done two bonus mission's. Pretty sure I'll be replaying them a few times to beat my score's and to get higher grade's. Boss battle's are really good, and my right hand is very exhausted after each play.

Ok just finished the RE3 chapters, and very annoyed by the massive continuity breaking that went on there, sure they did it in the previous chapters too but it still made some sense in terms of what happened in the actual game (minus the lack of Barry and Enrico from the Mansion chapter... i would have thought Enrico might turn up in a bonus mission of Weskers but they picked that up after the Enrico incident... but was great to see Lisa Trevor in Weskers Mansion levels)

I don't think any of the areas (minus the police station) were actually from RE3, and where was Mikhal(sp?) and the other UBSC's that were with Carlos? Although the level was still very enjoyable, just me being the RE fan that I am the massive amount of storyline breaking is really annoying me.

Also why no bonus missions for the RE3 chapter? Surely they could have come up with something? A small mission playing as Brad leading up to his demise at the hands of Nemesis would have been nice, and something more with Wesker, from the "Wesker Reports" we know he was there during that time "lurking in the shadows", very dissappointing when the previous two chapters had bonus missions and the 3rd doesn't

Stuck on the last boss (at least i think it's the last boss, haha), keep dying, I ended up losing my First Aid Bottle before i got to the boss so this is prolly hindering me, gonna start over and try make it there with the First Aid.

Speaking of which, is there one 1 in each level? Cuz that's all I ever seem to find, but the booklet says you can hold 3 at a time? Or maybe is that for "easy" mode, and in normal (which i'm playing) you only get the one?

4th (new) Chapter is very good, loads of enemies, bloody hecktic, but from what i've seen i have a feeling there's still gonna be a few loose ends left loose by the end of this which again a little dissappointing as I thought they would have at last tied up certain things.. but i've not finished yet so we'll wait and see.

Oh yeah also had a go on Co-op earlier with me cousin was great, but the bonus missions we discovered can only be played by one player, that again is annoying.

And even though i'm almost finished i still see a fair bit or replay value, in that i still will want to try beat it on hard mode, and i still gotta find all the files and collectibles, so still lost to do cuz i've found very few

Bonus missions can be played co-op, you just have to unlock Fourth Survivor and beat that then they become unlocked. :)

I've just finished the game with some of the bonus stages done too. I need to unlock some others by getting certain ranks on levels. First one is Last stage of RE3 area, need to get a good rank on it! ^_^

Also why no bonus missions for the RE3 chapter? Surely they could have come up with something? A small mission playing as Brad leading up to his demise at the hands of Nemesis would have been nice, and something more with Wesker, from the "Wesker Reports" we know he was there during that time "lurking in the shadows", very dissappointing when the previous two chapters had bonus missions and the 3rd doesn't

The RE3 scenario does have bonus missions. However, you need to get an A or S rank on 'Racoon's Destruction 3' to unlock the one bonus mission, and complete the 2nd bonus mission in the 'Umbrella's End' scenario to unlock the other. Hope that helps.

EDIT: Oh, and to any Naruto fans here; I've found out that the some of the voice actors in the game are also voice actors for the Naruto dub. Rebecca is voiced by the same actoress that does Hinata's voice and Richard is voiced by Sasuke's actor. You can clearly tell this in-game too (oh the irony that they're fighting a giant snake. :p) Red Queen's is also voiced by Temari's va. [/nerdy trivia]

I have not quite managed to get into this game. Played only fo 30 mins first session, then 22 mins 2nd session. Each time I get wrist ache, it's all a lttle bit tense playing this game. I don't get why the reload is done on shaking the remote, sometimes it does not register. Also don't like the knife controls. Should have just been swinging the remote. Also throwing the grenade should have been done with the nunchuck.

Maybe it's the fact that I have Super Mario Galaxy to play so everytime I play Resi, I stop and play Galaxy.

Ah the classic RE debate on controls. They never bothered me so I've always been able to replay them again. Also the older games were more atmospheric and spookier/scarier than RE4 because of the camera. RE4 while awesome did become more arcadefied than the older games.

They didn't bother me at the time, but just going back they do. I mean the cube versions definitly make things easier as they allow you to alter the controls to more modern controls. But the tank controls are still hard to use no a days.

Guys, i need help.

On the day 16 of December, i will receive a Nintendo Wii and the game Super Mario Galaxy.

At day 24 i will receive money and i want to buy this game :D.

But im only 13 and my mother will not let me if i show the game and then tell her "Its a cool game, please, let me buy it!!!"

Also, is the game too scary? I want to feel the fear of the character and it will be a delusion if that doesn't happen

Oh, and sorry for my english, im portuguese so i don't know if you are undertstanding me :X

I can't wait for this game, I love Res Evil and I love light gun games - when those two forces combine.......they create.....Captain Planet!!! Wait......

Anyways, I've been buying A LOT of games recently (seriously spent upwards of a grand on games in the past 6 weeks - gulp) so I thought I'd put some games on the list for my mum and dad to get me for xmas - starwars, this, ghost squad and Medal of honour. Well Ghost Squad and Medal of Honour have been delayed so I now know I will definitely get Starwars and This. But I want to play it now!!!!! :) Damn!!

So if I'm expecting a shallow lightgun game that is harder, slower and longer than most other lightgun games, but has a great story. Will I LOVE this game!?

I can't wait for this game, I love Res Evil and I love light gun games - when those two forces combine.......they create.....Captain Planet!!! Wait......

Captain Planet FTW : peace: :yay:

The RE3 scenario does have bonus missions. However, you need to get an A or S rank on 'Racoon's Destruction 3' to unlock the one bonus mission, and complete the 2nd bonus mission in the 'Umbrella's End' scenario to unlock the other. Hope that helps.

Oh cool, i thought they were unlocked just by completing a level.

I'll have to go back now I guess.... I beat the man part to the "Umbrellas End" level, had a quick go on the first bonus level of it and I suck :heh: