NEurope
Goron_3

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Super Scope isnt meant to look like a Gun tho, its meant to look like a bazooka and it does that well

Got this game on my X'mas list. Hopefully one family member will buy it

Exactly! A bazooka that ate batteries rather than missiles!

My copy got shipped from Gameplay today, lets see how long this game takes to arrive from them this week....

What makes you say that? They're usually rather good. If you're having trouble with receiving items from them, it's probably Royal Mail's fault.

Royal Mail = Royal Fail. ¬¬

What makes you say that? They're usually rather good. If you're having trouble with receiving items from them, it's probably Royal Mail's fault.

Royal Mail = Royal Fail. ¬¬

Very true.

Anyways its just arrived! Im gonna get some breakfast and then give this bad boy a whirl.

Mine should arrive today, can't play it though. I'm off to Letty's and she doesn't have a Wii :(.

All I can say is that this is very annoying to play. Its supposed to be a lightgun game yet you have to be stupidly accurate when it comes to taking your shots. Although I have only played the 1st few chapters of the game it just doesnt feel like a lightgun game at all, it lacks the fast action from say the Virtua Cop series.

So its too slow? I saw that mentioned in reviews, but they said it was to try and give the game a more sinister feel. Its not providing that for you? And the controls aren't good then? Hmm.

So its too slow? I saw that mentioned in reviews, but they said it was to try and give the game a more sinister feel. Its not providing that for you? And the controls aren't good then? Hmm.

I can see why Capcom decided to do what they did as it does give the game a horror type feel but thats not what you want in a lightgun game, you want the action think and fast.

The controls are fine its just that you have to be so accurate it kinda spoils the game, I just want to be able to point and shoot not aim for headshots. I mean when I hit the body of a zombie it doesnt really seem to have any effect so you have to go for the killer shots.

this game wont have the Zapper in it!! i just called Nintendo and they said that they have NO attention on bringing this game incl zapper!!! you have to buy link crossbow training to get a zapper with it!!

Are the insane? No zapper with this game? you cant be serious Nintendo!! this is a big mistake!! in our local game shop custimors don't buy it any more because the lack of the zapper!!!!!!!!!!

GREAT FU****G JOB NINTENDO!!!

Woo. Over reacting nice.

It was bundled in Japan with it, people found that it actually hindered the proformance of the game and would increase packaging size, not to mention cost.

Probably the reason why it wasn't included.

...And yeah Capcom are making it.

hehe yeah i know but unlike the rest of the world we don't have a choice. bleeeh i really don't like it what they do here in Europe. we get things later than the rest of the world, we get less then the rest of the world, and when we get it has even less options... Bleeeh

its just the frustration of NoE that made me react like this ^.-

this game wont have the Zapper in it!! i just called Nintendo and they said that they have NO attention on bringing this game incl zapper!!! you have to buy link crossbow training to get a zapper with it!!

Are the insane? No zapper with this game? you cant be serious Nintendo!! this is a big mistake!! in our local game shop custimors don't buy it any more because the lack of the zapper!!!!!!!!!!

GREAT FU****G JOB NINTENDO!!!

Technically you get Link's Crossbow Training with the Zapper

Exactly! A bazooka that ate batteries rather than missiles!

You must have had a strange bazooka...if it eats missiles afterall...mine tends to throw them up :p

Well, I got mine today, and I've gave it a qiuck go. It's not brilliant, but I'm still finding it quite fun.

Does anyone else agree that this game is bastard hard though? I keep getting C ranks an the last boss on the "Beginnings 2" scenario kept on kicking my ass! This is on easy btw!

Well, I got mine today, and I've gave it a qiuck go. It's not brilliant, but I'm still finding it quite fun.

Does anyone else agree that this game is bastard hard though? I keep getting C ranks an the last boss on the "Beginnings 2" scenario kept on kicking my ass! This is on easy btw!

I'm playing it on normal and it aint easy but i'm enjoying the challenge and the strategy side, i.e what weapons to use and when to use them.

It's not resi 4 (not many games are!!) but it's fun.

I'm playing it on normal and it aint easy but i'm enjoying the challenge and the strategy side, i.e what weapons to use and when to use them.

It is hard, but I agree with that.

It's so different from many other lightgun games, which is what I like about it.

So it's a game that DOES feel like it belongs in the same series!?

So it's a game that DOES feel like it belongs in the same series!?

I Would say so, though it is an on the rails shooter it's got the storyline, the resi enviroment.

From what i've played so far it looks to have replay value, it's not easy but not frustratingly so & requires a little strategy.

Got this yesterday, and played it a while. Haven't had the time to get really stuck in in though.

As said before, it's nice and fun, and is definitely an act of fanservice from Capcom, but it won't set your world on fire. It's unmistakenly RE, but... well, as an on-rail shooter, with all the goods and bads. :heh:

It's not bad in any way, but those expecting a RE4-like quality, are looking in the wrong place This is (no surprise) a completely different type of game.

It has an addictive edge, though. That "one-more-go"-thing. I was also surprised that there is some getting used to and a rather steep learning curve for an on-rails-shooter.

Played a bit this morning, (no true widescreen, again! :mad: What is it with loads of games not supporting 16:9!?) anyway, from what I've played so far this seems ok, wasn't a fan of the first few stages mind you, but once I got to the mansion part I started to enjoy it a lot more.

One thing this game has been very good at is making me laugh, I especially love how Rebecca and Billy just casually have a conversation during a heated battle with a group of zombies. Sound design in this game is genius! :laughing: Then again, it wouldn't be true to the series without the dodgy voice acting.

I especially love how Rebecca and Billy just casually have a conversation during a heated battle with a group of zombies.

Too true! I first noticed that when the monkeys attacked. (No spoiler there: it's all over the screenshots. :wink:) Just escaped a near-death experience, shooting the hell out of rampaging wild undead attackers, and they just talk casually about the past. :D

The game does indeed seem to get better the longer you play...

You must have had a strange bazooka...if it eats missiles afterall...mine tends to throw them up :p

Wow, you actually havea real bazooka? COOOOL!

Seriously though, Zapper should have been an option on this one. I hope it will be on Ghost Squad.

Damn, you people sure are lucky to be playing this game already. I hope mine is shipped and arriving today. They better be! Otherwise I might have just gone out and bought it.

I like the sound of a challenging experience. It may not be a true lightgun experience, but I think Ghost Squad is filling that gap for me. Like some site mentioned, GH and RE:UC are quite the opposite of each other and a great combo together.

One is traditional, short and pure action. The other is long, story-driven and just quite different to other games in the genre.