NEurope
Goron_3

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

If i remember RE3.5 was running under a "overclocked GC"... i guess that could now be called Wii!

Wasn't there another RE4 version?

I don't recall that, why would they do a game for release on a overclocked gamecube? It's even doubtable that option was available for developers. Wii's CPU could also go as high as 1,1 GHz if the devkits allowed overclock.

No developer does a exclusive and then... downgrades it for the same hardware; if it was overclocked (I doubt it as I've never heard of it) it was breathing space for further optimization later on, similar to how supposedly Wii Dev Kits have extra RAM. Capcom wouldn't get themselfes on something they couldn't pull off.

That game was being done on-spec, and there was no reason for it not to run on-spec on GC. Specially since GC had a good ammount of fillrate and a big ceiling for polycounts.

Besides that still wouldn't match a Wii, the clocks couldn't go as high (and in the end the GPU would still have only 4 pipelines amongst other things.

As for another RE4 versions... yes, the first one turned into Devil May Cry, then RE4 GC development started and they've gone to the Fog Version (the one with the Castle and the Umbrella's stronghold), then... Hookman version; then a never shown version with zombies again (scrapped for being too traditional), and then... RE4 as we know it.

Yeah there was this;

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=3295&type=wmv&pl=game

I think we may be seeing this umbrella base in RE:UC,

The second RE:UC trailer shows Wesker in the snow and Code Veronica isn't in the game, so it seems like there may be a new snow location,

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=18558&type=wmv&pl=game

That one doesn't look anywhere near as good as the 'hookman' demo. Capcom have said UC won;t be out until 2008 so there is still a long way to go, RE4 went through several changes as we've seen, so could this.

That one doesn't look anywhere near as good as the 'hookman' demo. Capcom have said UC won;t be out until 2008 so there is still a long way to go, RE4 went through several changes as we've seen, so could this.

Erm. They said it's coming out this year mate.

well after watching that video makes me realise just how out of touch with gaming I was at the time as I never knew it existed! i do remember seeing a trailer though with a ghost chasing after Leon which game was that off? was that for a version of Resident Evil 4?!

would be sweet if they added these to the wii version of resi 4 just as an extra...

Images and videos of it are posted in this thread's previous page.

Here's the video Retro posted though:

-> http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=7188&type=wmv&pl=game

That's Hookman.

Woah. That looked awesome! I still prefer what came to be but that would have been great. A mix of classic gameplay with the new gameplay. If they included these parts in RE4:Wii Edition I would buy it.

I think the hookman version looked awesome, the other one didn't look that great, the one where Leon had the Desert Eagle and the black mist was attacking him.

I am really looking forward to UC, however the RE4 gameplay would've been better as it would've allowed a lot more exploration and been closer to the true RE experience many of us were hoping for.

But I'm still quite positive that Capcom will bring make this rather sweet. The other RE light gun games were not actually made by Capcom.

Another new rumour for this game,and this time it's about having a co-op.

But this is from ONM though :heh:

Anyway here is what they had to say.

ONM points out that most of the game played in co-operation with another CPU-controller character, suggesting a two-player option in the final game

Source

That was mentioned at that Snake Vs Zombie event thing...

That was mentioned at that Snake Vs Zombie event thing...

Thought it would be interesting to post none the less,especially when ONM asked Capcom and they didn't deny or confirm it.

EDIT - Wasn't that just a Kojima thing though?

I can't get the sampler to work either...

Theres half (or less) of a Strikers review in the sample. It's their first news page, a couple of pages from the RE feature (not much writing), an interveiw with the makers of Strikers, a 2-page subscription ad, a couple of small previews, front cover, and an advert for the mag.

Sounds like a good issue, plus a good gift. Still I ain't bought a mag for a long long time now.

That zombie isn't wear the wrist strap, omg!

I saw this last night.. I reckon I will get the magazine for Resident Evil and Mario Strikers Charged Football. I can't decide on which wristband to go for though :hmm:

..the Zelda one is cool but wouldn't go with anything else I wear (I can't really 'do' black for some reason.. :awesome:) I don't think the Wii one is quite so cool, but then the white will work for me..

..oh the decisions.. :heh:

Co-op would surely make this the best game on the Wii, certainly out of what's available in Europe anyway ;)

Already got a Zelda sweatband, might pick this one up anyway.

I bought 2 of them Zelda bands at Gamestation ages ago and wear them quite alot, methinks I will get the Wii one. Awesome cover aswell.

I bought 2 of them Zelda bands at Gamestation ages ago and wear them quite alot, methinks I will get the Wii one. Awesome cover aswell.

Aren't they £5 in GameStation? I may pick up ONM...cheaper wristband. Oh, and free magazine.

Co-op would surely make this the best game on the Wii, certainly out of what's available in Europe anyway ;)

Most definatly! Me and my mates would have so much fun playing co-op on this! We loved playing house of the dead!