NEurope
Goron_3

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

What's with all the vertical scanlines across all the shots? Is that an 'artsy' thing put in just to hide the fact that the resolution sucks ass?

Thats called dithering... (usually you can't see it during gameplay)

Yeah. Godfather had horrible dithering artifacts on the screenshots, but you couldn't see them when you actually played the game.

Isn't it kind of strange that they are perfect, single pixel vertical lines? Which suggests they were added after they were reduced to that size... (if they were from larger screenshots shrunk down, the lines would not be a perfect single pixel apart all the way across your computer screen).

Isn't it kind of strange that they are perfect, single pixel vertical lines?

Nope. That's how dithering has always been since advent of 3D cards in 1997. :)

The bullet holes in the doorframe are awesome!

I guess these doors replace the loading doors of Resi games in the past that have used them!

This game won't need loading doors (like Resi 4 didn't), but it's a homage to them and now you get the satisfaction of blasting straight through them!

I'm hoping that you can open doors like you did in RE4. Kicking down a door with a front kick.

Currently, that's how I open doors in real life.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/bio_uc/

2nd part of trailer released. Destructible enviroments, woohoo! :love:

Looks like it's got a physics engine too, I'm still not sure but I'm hoping this game turns out pretty well.

One more thing, why do we keep seeing just the characters from the original and zero? Maybe the Resident Evil 2 section's been removed? Or hopefully it's just not ready to show yet.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/bio_uc/

2nd part of trailer released. Destructible enviroments, woohoo! :love:

EDIT: Retro_Link: Could you remove your images? They make Firefox seriously stutter.

That trailer is awesome!! Destructable environments look great!

The crosshair is a bit wierd how it seems to show both the crosshair and also the waving of the wii-mote, as you could see squiggles being drawn!

Wesker in the snow!!

Looks like we could be going to this location after all for Umbrellas secret base!

re4shotzgc4.jpg

The only other Resi location with snow was the Arctic base in Code Veronica, and it could only be that if Code Veronica is back in the game!

Either would be cool!

Or hopefully it's just not ready to show yet.

Not ready to be shown yet. Game is only 25 percent ready, and they probably have only Zero / Remake stuff done.

Im kinda likeing the idea of first person view more and more as I see the videos. It could make for some very fun and scary situations.

Oh.........Remake looks better. but i'm assuming this moves around as opposed to a fixed camera?

Yeah backgrounds were all pre-rendered in REmake where as they are 3D destructable environments on Umbrella Chronicles!

Bye Typewriters!

Remake looks more gloomy and moody, but UC is in 3D and has destructible environments and vibrant colors!

Edit: Two new pictures?!

th_82958_uc121_122_517lo.jpgth_83013_uc122_122_668lo.jpg

I'm loving the detsructable envioments. I'd like them to apply it to the zombies as well now please! Looking pretty slick.

Edit: Two new pictures?!
Good find!

That's the first pic (I think) of the sewers from most likely Resi 2, but Resi 0 remade some of the sewers as well, so it could from that!

83013_uc122_122_668lo.jpg

Destructable environments :D

Wow can't wait to play this. have a feeling it's going to be awesome.

Oh.........Remake looks better. but i'm assuming this moves around as opposed to a fixed camera?
I don't think it does, at that doorstep at least, seems pretty equal to me, thing is, in realtime you have jaggies since it's running at that resolution, but if you were to put AA in there and supersampling,k it would look the same in the UC version.

The fountain girl seems stripped down a little, but that's only natural.

Dont forgot RE:UC is only 25% done but the snake looks better than Remake version. :)

totally offtopic but... what's going on with the nicks in this forum? (just noticed Dante's nick), cube is square now, Mr. BumSex, I'm from Aussie-Nintendo (etc), Spanky and others, what's going on here?