NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
david.dakota

Animal Crossing Wii-sh List (sorry, another pun)

Thinking about another post about the differences in AC-GC and Wild World, it occured to me that most gamers are unlikely to set time to play both Wild World and Animal Crossing Wii.

Could Nintendo develop AC Wii to actually mirror your existing DS town? So, when your in you can play in higher def, with Wii featues, on a bigger screen etc, and then when you save you are invited to open wireless comms on DS and download the new town settings - making it possible to play where you left off from your DS. When you return to Wii, the town is basically uploaded for home play.

Tech heads - would this be possible?

Others, what features do you want to see in AC Wii?

Get rid of La Di fucking da day, egh.

Lets have every holiday in every country, like Telly said. First we celebrate christmas, then it's eid mubarak all around.

Well firstly I hope it utilises the extra power of the Wii. I'm not necessarily talking about the graphics here, since I like the cartoony look, but maybe the environment could be more like Hravest Moon GC. It wasn't realistic looking, but the environmens were beautiful.

I also want the towns to be A LOT bigger. The whole idea of Animal Crossing is being out on your own, and there is supposed to be this daunting feeling of responsibility, which is corrupted by the fact you can walk the map in a minute or so. Try and think OoT size. Now I know some of you will think this is too much, but here is why it would work:

1. More things to explore - more secrets and stuff like that

2. More shops - you could go to a nearby town to find new items and possibly cheaper prices

3. More animals - you could meet new friends, and then if they live in towns that are pretty far off, you could mail them.

4. More tasks - take the basic delivery favour. Now you add in a bit of orienteering.

5. Fishing/bug capturing - only appearing in certain parts

The advantage of all this is that there is always something more to explore - it never gets boring. And plus, because you can just stay in your own little town, it doesn't change the original game.

The ability to move house would be pretty cool. Especially if you've got a bigger map. And more ability to customise your map, like the bridge thing in the GC game. Maybe you could design a new post office and decide where it goes?

Customisable clothes/house with the WiiMote as a brush/tool is a given.

A link with the Virtual console. So like with the GC version where you could get NES games, now you can collect anything on the virtual console. (But still ony for birthdays and such, gotta think of the money).

Maybe have a range of camera options as well, so we can put it behing the character. Oh and a camera like it shenmue.

I hope they bring back the gyroids that were outside your house in the GCN version, that way you could sell / trade stuff with visitors without having to just chuck it on the floor like in Wild World, which I thought was a really stupid way of doing it. Using the gyroid should also enable you to sell / trade while in sleep mode. (Wii Connect 24)

I also agree that the holidays / events need to be sorted out as that was a massive step back on the DS game.

I'd like even more in the way of game customization too, you should be able to make a character that looks like you. (Whilst still keeping the AC style of course) The character customization in Wild Word was a good start, but it should be improved drastically in the Wii version.

And last but by no means least... I'll just quote myself from the AC thread now as I can't be arsed to re-type it:

Kind of annoying how you spend all this time catching the various fish and bugs to get the golden rod / net, but once you get em' chances are you won't ever want to fish or hunt for bugs again.

Nintendo should definitely change this on the Wii version so that you can get the golden tools sooner, maybe after catching a rare fish or bug (but one that's available all year round) like the coelacanth or something.

Can't say I agree with you on the golden rod, etc issue, they're like trophies for getting all the bugs. However, I would like some downloadable bugs and fishes.

Id like to see outdoor furnature... I mean, you get flamingos, water fountains, hot springs and park benches yet you use them in your house...? uh? what?

It could be made so only the person who dropped it (Or occupant of the town) could pick it up.

They could just as easily add a "display case" object that lets you put items on for sale.

You could further customize your town this way, would be awesome to walk into someones town to see rows of street lanterns and gyroids all boogying on down.

I also want the towns to be A LOT bigger. The whole idea of Animal Crossing is being out on your own, and there is supposed to be this daunting feeling of responsibility, which is corrupted by the fact you can walk the map in a minute or so. Try and think OoT size.
I actually wouldn't mind that, as long as you have some kind of transport like a car or a bike so you could still get around quicker if you need to.

Sticking with the transport idea, it would also be cool if you could have a boat (like Kapp'n but you control it) and go out to sea to fish, or visit the island. (another feature that should return from the GCN version)

This game just has to be fantastic considering Connect24. The possibilities are so endless my imagination gets blocked by it :heh:

Well first of all i'd like to remind you all that in an interview with the Animal crossing creator (cant remember name), he said one of the top thinking priorities was to make it possible to make money during the night as well as the day time since it restricted players from playing this game to the full extent at night.

Another thing they commented about was the turnip popularity that players 'ran around' finding friend codes which had towns with the highest buying price, so they will try using this idea for many other things.

But in my personal opinion, we need:

Re-introduce Furniture Codes

Used in the GC version, you would hand in furniture to Tom nook, tell him the name of the user and name of the town they lived in and he would give a unique code which only that player could use, which was an attempt at trading with other players.

Although we have wifi to market furniture, its very restricted. It takes time and players can easilly get scammed (See next suggestion). BUT, those who do not have wifi access have a tough time marketing and gaining items, so this could be useful for those.

Trading Post #1

My first idea for Trading post is the ability to press A with another users charecter online and have the chance to bring up a trade screen so we can finally have safe trading with people without running the risk of losing valuable items (Or turning the power off if needed).

Trading Post #2

A more ambitious idea is when you log in online, there will be a Trade Post icon which you can click and view current trades. Because it will no doubt be a huge list of items to trade, you can search so you can find the specific item / username to find the trade you want. You could leave a note on what your willing to accept in the trade, so once you have offered, both players will be notified to see if they both accept the trade. This way, players will not have to meet with strangers and get the items they want.

City life

Ah, we have a town (looks more like a villiage to me..), how bland. We need a city, with some stores stocked with downloadable goodies which require you to go online or deliberate rare items at high prices so it keeps a balance on the difficulty of obtaining rare items.

Feel free to expand on what i said or to comment on my ideas.

Id like to see outdoor furnature... I mean, you get flamingos, water fountains, hot springs and park benches yet you use them in your house...? uh? what?

It could be made so only the person who dropped it (Or occupant of the town) could pick it up.

They could just as easily add a "display case" object that lets you put items on for sale.

You could further customize your town this way, would be awesome to walk into someones town to see rows of street lanterns and gyroids all boogying on down.

Yeah, id like that too

City life

Ah, we have a town (looks more like a villiage to me..), how bland. We need a city, with some stores stocked with downloadable goodies which require you to go online or deliberate rare items at high prices so it keeps a balance on the difficulty of obtaining rare items.

How about an online city? I still like the village atmosphere but i would like to see a city that you could visit when you want

I had this crazy idea for real time weather. Since the Wii can be online all the time. The Wii can connect to the weather channel web site or any other weather web site to get info. If the area you live in has a 60% chance of rain then in the game you have a 60% chance of rain. If its really cold in the winter where you live then it will be really cold in the game. I don’t know how this would work for people that don’t have high speed inter net.

A crapload of minigames you can play together with friends.

A buttload of customization.

More human-like "realistic" animals?

I.. Think this is gonna be a long post (many, many many ideas).

Basically, it should be a MMORGP. I've noticed people in the Pokemon for the Wii thread, screaming it should be a MMORGP, while I don't see the point.. You're mainly going to battle eachother, so all you need is a online lobby. This game however, in my opinion is perfect to be upgraded to MMORGP.

Keep in mind, I haven't played the Cube (or N64) version, and haven't played Wild World very long.

- Not everyone's going online or use connect24, Nintendo's obviously has to cater to them. If you don't go online, you have limited options as to venture or communicate outside of your own village island.

- You start off in a little village or island, and you can choose what kind of region your village is. Imagine living in a mountain or desert region.

- Fish and insect hunting hopefully return. With different regions, you now can also have region specific fish and bugs..

- Village and ehm, let's call it the "country side" will be separated. You don't fish or catch bugs inside the walls of your village, you do it outside. There will be a field around the village, not too big, but a lot bigger than your village. With rivers, forests.. Beaches.. This will also depend on what your region is. If you chose an icy region, this might be a tundra for example. Think of Clocktown and Termina field.

- In the "countryside" you can also encounter other NPC's. A much needed farmer for example, who grows grains, which can be bought to sell (you follow?) to your local bakery, which of course bakes bread. You gotta eat, don't you?

- You can visit other villages, which, just like your town, are randomly generated. You only get to choose/see one for every region (to get a chance to catch the local wildlife for example).

- To accomate you on your tavels, towns will feature a hotel.

- NPC's will have a better understanding of their environment, and will have a (better) memory of some sorts. They will also be completely random generated, making for unique NPC's everytime..

- Your village will have a local traditional clothing. In software this means when your village gets generated, it will also generate a random image to put on the clothes.

- Better trading system. Villagers can give you stuff, so why can't you do the same? When you standing in front of someone, and open the menu, some (most?) items will have the options to "trade" or "sell". When you choose trade, you can view the other person's (/NPS's) current items, and choose one. Then you both have to agree on the proposed trade. With sell, you determine an amount, and both have to agree.

- 3rd person view.. Something like Zelda. For several reasons.. I like the sky in Wild World, but your TV doesn't have an extra screen. Just looking up would be the best solution I think.. On new year's eve, you wanna go see the fireworks you've bought don't you? Also for weather effects and day/night cycles like Wild World.

And I can imagine a target lock would come in handy when catching bugs. Also such a view would make things like simple hide & seek possible. You now can actually hide behind trees and houses.

Ok, so you're ready to go online? It's really where you can get the most out of your game..

- Ready to move out of your little town, and move to the big city. The big city in this case, being a real community, with actual players living there, say, up to 16.. It can vary, maybe their are cities of various sizes. Cities will also have more and better shops and services. You can choose your city on a map of available ones, in various regions.

- Cities have actual streets. If you give people your member profile (which hopefulle will be used for every game etc), for Animal Crossing it will mean people get your actual address (and some other stuff).

- Depending on the city, you have different options for public transportation. Take the train to another city, and see what's going on there.

- Cities will have different local customs. One's holding a market on saturday, the other on friday. Another one has shops open at night on thursday. Different events etc.

- Cities are in complete control of Nintendo obviously, they're hosted on Nintendo servers, and they can easily change content, events, etc. They can start new cities as demand increases.

- So you have the adress of a friend? You can go to him/her the hard way, and travel by bus/ship/zeppelin, depending on how far away your friend is, and how his/her city is connected. Bigger and more important cities will have better public transportation connections. Maybe you can't go directly.. When you finally arrive in the right town, check the actual adress and number. You've finally arrived!

- Ah don't like the hard way? Of course their still should be some way to instantaneously travel to your friend.. So, pick up the phone, and call a cab. A cab's fee will be more expensive than a bus fee though ;).

- Speaking of the phone.. A friend's member profile also contains a "phone number". Pick up the phone for voice chat (if your friend's online that is)!

- Remember the unique NPC's? When you go online, they can opt to also move out of your little hometown, and move to a big city. Maybe they tell you where they go, maybe they don't. Maybe you can visit them in another city, maybe you'll find them by surprise online (and they'll recognize you), maybe you'll never see them again. The fun thing is their memory. When they move to a different city, they can tell other people about you, what their hometown was like, and they will still wear their traditional clothing..

- Online, in the cities, your old hometown is anonymous or something, they don't have a concrete place on the map, they're literally in the middle of nowhere. Only you can still travel back to your hometown, its informations is stored on your system only. You can take other people with you however. In fact, you can go online but still live in that town, if you don't like the idea of a MMORGP. You can still give out your member profile, and other people can still visit you that way.

- More customization.. Paintings and music won't be just things that's already on your disc (or downloadable content), you can make those things yourself.

Museums will have paintings done by actual players. If you're quite good with making paintings, clothes, music etc. go to the market and try to sell your stuff there. Maybe there are players who appreciate your "art"..

- When you buy a radio player, you can actually listen to a radiostation. People can send their stuff to the local radiostation, and it will be a collection of player created content..

- Festivals. Mainly only Dutch people here will know when I speak of Mysteryland and Dance Valley, so I'll mention "Glastonbury". You will be able to visit non-city places.. Like a festival that's held every year. It will be announced on a flyer on your bulletin board, and on the day itself, public transportation will have an extra destination option.. You can meet people in a non-city environment, maybe even "perform" yourself by playing your own music.

- Another example of a non-city environment, imagine a themepark..

- Cities will have a nightlife, and other stuff to do like I mentioned, for example, a club, or a restaurant. I keep hearing about a restaurant in Wild World, now you can actually go there. Maybe take someone out on a date. And, like I also already mentioned, you gotta eat don't you.

- Like Harvest Moon, you will be able to court a NPC or real player (take on a date like I mentioned) and maybe even marry and live together.

Oh well, I'm gonna leave it at that.. For now ;).

I love some of these ideas posted above too by the way.

Basically, it should be a MMORGP. I've noticed people in the Pokemon for the Wii thread, screaming it should be a MMORGP, while I don't see the point.. You're mainly going to battle eachother, so all you need is a online lobby. This game however, in my opinion is perfect to be upgraded to MMORGP.

Keep in mind, I haven't played the Cube (or N64) version, and haven't played Wild World very long.

- Not everyone's going online or use connect24, Nintendo's obviously has to cater to them. If you don't go online, you have limited options as to venture or communicate outside of your own village island.

- You start off in a little village or island, and you can choose what kind of region your village is. Imagine living in a mountain or desert region.

- Fish and insect hunting hopefully return. With different regions, you now can also have region specific fish and bugs..

- Village and ehm, let's call it the "country side" will be separated. You don't fish or catch bugs inside the walls of your village, you do it outside. There will be a field around the village, not too big, but a lot bigger than your village. With rivers, forests.. Beaches.. This will also depend on what your region is. If you chose an icy region, this might be a tundra for example. Think of Clocktown and Termina field.

- In the "countryside" you can also encounter other NPC's. A much needed farmer for example, who grows grains, which can be bought to sell (you follow?) to your local bakery, which of course bakes bread. You gotta eat, don't you?

- You can visit other villages, which, just like your town, are randomly generated. You only get to choose/see one for every region (to get a chance to catch the local wildlife for example).

- NPC's will have a better understanding of their environment, and will have a (better) memory of some sorts. They will also be completely random generated, making for unique NPC's everytime..

- Your village will have a local traditional clothing. In software this means when your village gets generated, it will also generate a random image to put on the clothes.

- Better trading system. Villagers can give you stuff, so why can't you do the same? When you standing in front of someone, and open the menu, some (most?) items will have the options to "trade" or "sell". When you choose trade, you can view the other person's (/NPS's) current items, and choose one. Then you both have to agree on the proposed trade. With sell, you determine an amount, and both have to agree.

- 3rd person view.. Something like Zelda. For several reasons.. I like the sky in Wild World, but your TV doesn't have an extra screen. Just looking up would be the best solution I think.. On new year's eve, you wanna go see the fireworks you've bought don't you? Also for weather effects and day/night cycles like Wild World.

And I can imagine a target lock would come in handy when catching bugs. Also such a view would make things like simple hide & seek possible. You now can actually hide behind trees and houses.

Ok, so you're ready to go online? It's really where you can get the most out of your game..

- Ready to move out of your little town, and move to the big city. The big city in this case, being a real community, with actual players living there, say, up to 16.. It can vary, maybe their are cities of various sizes. Cities will also have more and better shops and services. You can choose your city on a map of available ones, in various regions.

- Cities have actual streets. If you give people your member profile (which hopefulle will be used for every game etc), for Animal Crossing it will mean people get your actual address (and some other stuff).

- Depending on the city, you have different options for public transportation. Take the train to another city, and see what's going on there.

- Cities will have different local customs. One's holding a market on saturday, the other on friday. Another one has shops open at night on thursday. Different events etc.

- Cities are in complete control of Nintendo obviously, they're hosted on Nintendo servers, and they can easily change content, events, etc. They can start new cities as demand increases.

- So you have the adress of a friend? You can go to him/her the hard way, and travel by bus/ship/zeppelin, depending on how far away your friend is, and how his/her city is connected. Bigger and more important cities will have better public transportation connections. Maybe you can't go directly.. When you finally arrive in the right town, check the actual adress and number. You've finally arrived!

- Ah don't like the hard way? Of course their still should be some way to instantaneously travel to your friend.. So, pick up the phone, and call a cab. A cab's fee will be more expensive than a bus fee though ;).

- Speaking of the phone.. A friend's member profile also contains a "phone number". Pick up the phone for voice chat (if your friend's online that is)!

- Remember the unique NPC's? When you go online, they can opt to also move out of your little hometown, and move to a big city. Maybe they tell you where they go, maybe they don't. Maybe you can visit them in another city, maybe you'll find them by surprise online (and they'll recognize you), maybe you'll never see them again. The fun thing is their memory. When they move to a different city, they can tell other people about you, what their hometown was like, and they will still wear their traditional clothing..

- Online, in the cities, your old hometown is anonymous or something, they don't have a concrete place on the map, they're literally in the middle of nowhere. Only you can still travel back to your hometown, its informations is stored on your system only. You can take other people with you however. In fact, you can go online but still live in that town, if you don't like the idea of a MMORGP. You can still give out your member profile, and other people can still visit you that way.

- More customization.. Paintings and music won't be just things that's already on your disc (or downloadable content), you can make those things yourself.

Museums will have paintings done by actual players. If you're quite good with making paintings, clothes, music etc. go to the market and try to sell your stuff there. Maybe there are players who appreciate your "art"..

- When you buy a radio player, you can actually listen to a radiostation. People can send their stuff to the local radiostation, and it will be a collection of player created content..

- Festivals. Mainly only Dutch people here will know when I speak of Mysteryland and Dance Valley, so I'll mention "Glastonbury". You will be able to visit non-city places.. Like a festival that's held every year. It will be announced on a flyer on your bulletin board, and on the day itself, public transportation will have an extra destination option.. You can meet people in a non-city environment, maybe even "perform" yourself by playing your own music.

- Cities will have a nightlife, and other stuff to do like I mentioned, for example, a club, or a restaurant. I keep hearing about a restaurant in Wild World, now you can actually go there. Maybe take someone out on a date. And, like I also already mentioned, you gotta eat don't you.

- Like Harvest Moon, you will be able to court a NPC or real player (take on a date like I mentioned) and maybe even marry and live together.

Basically, turn it into The Sims online? ;P

I really like a lot of your ideas. I can imagine so much of it working well. Although it is Animal crossing, dont lose sight of that

I'd like more shops and places to visit. Sorta like a City that demonmike described. I'd like the ability to do more things when people visit your town (possibly minigames.)

Then, there's the usual stuff, such as more animals, fish, etc.

Animal Crossing: eBay!!! It's a must, people could put all sorts of rare stuff up for aution in a huge online auction area, that would be cool!!

Well first of all i'd like to remind you all that in an interview with the Animal crossing creator (cant remember name), he said one of the top thinking priorities was to make it possible to make money during the night as well as the day time since it restricted players from playing this game to the full extent at night.
Don't remember that interview, but I like the idea of adding more activity to the game at night.

Can't believe I forgot to mention that in my earlier post as it's actually one of my biggest complaints with AC at the moment.

I think to fix it, the shop needs to be open 24 hrs a day. Or they could put a little window on the side of the shop that lets you sell / buy stuff, or order from the catalogue at night when the main part of the shop is closed.

Museums will have paintings done by actual players. If you're quite good with making paintings, clothes, music etc. go to the market and try to sell your stuff there.
I like this idea a lot. Basically anything to do with improving the amount of user generated content is a good thing, as that’s what gives a game like AC its long lifespan.

How about an online city? I still like the village atmosphere but i would like to see a city that you could visit when you want

I'd like the idea of an online city, but what would be so different compared to my idea?

Remember, there has been ALOT of interest in the wii, if Animal crossing were to continue its success, the AC server will be VERY busy. So if you had an online town which every one can visit, you'd have to do the following things.

- Disable the chat feature for safety reasons or

- Enable chat to those visiting the city which have each others friend codes or

- Create Wifi accounts so those older than 18 may communicate to those aged 18 and over.

Also, the Wii will have limitations on this sort of thing, so its pretty much a dead idea, but they could improve it by having Multiple cities.

I cant really continue this until we actually know Wii's limitations on wifi, but an online city for AC would give it an MMO feel, so i doubt it would happen, still hoping for offline though.

Also, those saying the shop should stay open 24 hours, you may not realize that although the AC world is very fartfetched, it still tries to keep some sense of reality. Like some animals start to sleep early in the evening, some at night and some later, which is true for society today. Not all shops are open 24 hours any more, in wild world they gave the shop 2 extra hours open.

One possible way to counter this is to bring back the home's Gyroids. Those who had the GC version will remember the ability to place 4 items within it and put them up for sale, but it would only work for people visiting via memory card.

Expand the space of items you can store and make these items availible to the animals in your town, this will counter the night problem slightly depend on how often they set animals to buy these things in their AI.

Another idea to make money at night is Gambling. Now dont go all smart-ass on me and say Nintendo wont use it in a game, because they have. Latest Nintendo game to include gambling = NSMB (Minigames). This would give AC players another fun addition to the game aswell as a way to make money. Tom Nook's alcoholic uncle can run this.

If they make it a MMORPG, which makes it much more appealing to me (I'm not interested in it as it is at the moment), they should have lots of different identical servers so it will still be populated but with no lag and able to chat with friends etc.

I'm pretty sure this'll be the first Animal Crossing I'm getting, Connect24 works so incredibly well with this type of game :smile:

I'd like the idea of an online city, but what would be so different compared to my idea?

Remember, there has been ALOT of interest in the wii, if Animal crossing were to continue its success, the AC server will be VERY busy. So if you had an online town which every one can visit, you'd have to do the following things.

- Disable the chat feature for safety reasons or

- Enable chat to those visiting the city which have each others friend codes or

- Create Wifi accounts so those older than 18 may communicate to those aged 18 and over.

Also, the Wii will have limitations on this sort of thing, so its pretty much a dead idea, but they could improve it by having Multiple cities.

I cant really continue this until we actually know Wii's limitations on wifi, but an online city for AC would give it an MMO feel, so i doubt it would happen, still hoping for offline though.

[..]

If they make it a MMORPG, which makes it much more appealing to me (I'm not interested in it as it is at the moment), they should have lots of different identical servers so it will still be populated but with no lag and able to chat with friends etc.

Like I stated in one of my ideas. I've thought about it, and have take capacity and privacy stuff into account.

You have multiple cities, not just for fun, but also to limit the amount of players on a server. A city can deal with its residents, and a number of visitors (say up to 16). Then there's the city's surroundings (the countryside I mentioned), which can deal with 16 more. If an area is "full", the game will give you a lame in-game excuse as to why you can't enter a city, gates will be closed. That's why you will also still need other places to meet eachother, like your hometown in one of my other ideas, and just like how Wild World works now.

Privacy stuff: Nintendo will need servers dedicated to logging text messages for a certain amount of time. If a another person is harassing you, you can report him/her to a policeman NPC, this will notify Nintendo. They can check the logs, and deal with the situation. People should not be able to enter your house if you don't invite them, and people can't steal your stuff, unless you deliberately drop stuff on the ground.

To be honest, I think, in general, a MMORGP Animal Crossing community will be very pleasant, it's not a game that particularly invites hostility, it's not, say, Quake online or something. People who like Animal Crossing are bound to be pretty mellow I think ;).

Sign in to follow this