NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Platty

7/7 One year on

Just like to say as a Londoner i took part in the 2 minute silence at Noon today, was really sad.

I remember the day well and cant believe a year has already passed. My deepest sympathies go out to anyone that lost someone and to everyone else who was effected by this terrible act.

The courage shown on that day shows the world that London will not be beaten by cowardly terrorists who think nothing of human life.

I will be getting the Tube a bit later as im going to meet some mates at convent garden as its one of their birthdays. We will all be in a sombre mood no doubt.

I don't like fussing over this as it just shows the terorisits have had an effect. I also believe the government and the media over play the anniversaries of 7/7 and 9/11 in order to "remind" us of the "terrorist threat". Its in their own interests to intimidate us through fear of such an event happening again.

I personally cringed when i turned on the TV this morning and found no less than 4 main channels covering the event or talking about it.

I have the deepest sympathies for the families of the deceased and its right that they should be remembered, but i refuse to get too involved with it cause i think its melodrama on the part of the media.

I can't. To be honest I haven't tried.

I was in poland when it happened. All i remember was talking about the irony it happening when i went on holiday.

I was in poland when it happened. All i remember was talking about the irony it happening when i went on holiday.

Thats funny because I was in France when it happened and was thinking of that same irony! (and playing a ton of Multiplayer DS games on the coach:) )

It's sick that the terrorists released those videos yesturday.

But i dont see why they wont pull the troops out.

We had a 1minute silence at noon.

i was still alsleep at noon so couldnt...if i livedin london and had to catch the tube today i wouldnt...be to scared tbh

I was asleep at noon, so I took part in the silence too. Of course I was dreaming about being in a conga line with Godzilla, Comic Book Guy and Fox Mulder... and that was anything but silent.

but i refuse to get too involved with it cause i think its melodrama on the part of the media.

Welcome to Planet Earth.

Did the two minutes silence at HMS Raleigh. Its a shame that those people died but I think the terrorist thing is blown out of proportion. In a way the government and the media are the terrorists for trying to scare us.

I remember seeing it (as the TVs were on mute) at the gym. Crazy stuff (to say the least). We took part in the silence at work. Someone tried to talk but I shushed them. I knew them anyway, and still helped them out through clever pointing.

Sign in to follow this