NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

There are loads of really short adverts on Channel 4 at the moment that end with the date 23.07.06 on a red background.

Anyone know what the adverts are for? I can't think of any new TV programme that might be starting on Channel 4.

The 23rd is a Sunday; is it for a movie that's being shown Sunday night?

It is to advertise the fact that from that date the Film Four channels are going to be free to view instead of having to be subscribed to.

holy shit. that's good news

must get freeview box in my house at uni....much cinema is to be enjoyed.

Wow thats super news! How much do decent freeview boxes cost and where do I get them from?

Oh Yeah!!

My freeview box stopped getting More4+1 a few weeks ago and put a message up on that channel saying it would soon be Film 4! I'd forgotten about that! Cool!!

Check out Argos, Currys etc... for freeview boxes.

You can get them for as cheap as about £30 I think, then depending on where you live, will determine how many channels you can recieve.

You will need to get an Aerial attachment for the box (£10 or so) to recieve more channels, and you can keep adjusting the aerial and re-scanning to find more.

If you still don't get many then you will need to get an upgrade for the main aerial on top of your house. But this is worth it, because by 2008 (is it?), you'll need this to recieve TV anyway, when the ditigal change takes place!

Film Four is a great channel. They always have the greatest films on there. Good news that people can see it for free now.

Wow thats super news! How much do decent freeview boxes cost and where do I get them from?

you can get freeview boxs from as little as £30 and from any of your electrical retailers. hell argos even do em cheap. and soon we will all have to have some sort of digital or cable tv as the analog signal will be turned off.

hope film 4 continues to put good films on there channel :D i always watched when it was a freeview weekend etc.

good news

Awesome news this, there have been some good films on film 4 from time to time. Finally, i'll be able to see them for free

Ohh man I could buy that but well should I be spending money from my 500 pound security deposit even though im in debt? The student loan will cover my back, right guys? guys?

Great stuff. Fimlfour has shown more good films over the past 6 months then all the sky movie channels put together.

Last night I saw the full advert explaining it, and am tempted to get a Freeview box more than ever. However, analogue has served me fine so far...

The day I quit my second job?

Anywho yes FilmFour is free, but advertastic.

Do NTL get it?

It should be available to NTL as its being advertised as satellite , cable and freeview.

Although in my experience NTL are notoriously slow for picking up on extra/new channels so it may be worth giving the customer service a bell , alternatively wait till the 23rd as its likely to be quicker than getting your phone call answered.;)

Sign in to follow this