NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sarka

RAF

The RAF came to our school today and did a presentation and I must say, what a bunch of jerks.

I am not anti-war or anything, infact I am in support of th eIraq war, but these guys make me so mad. They basically came i and said three things, obviously it was sprawled out into 40 minutes. The things they said were:

• You don't have to work hard in school to be in the RAF
  • You can get paid to play sports or climb mountains
  • You get loads of cash from when you start

Since the presentation everyone has been going are asking whether you'll be joining. If you say on, like me, they'll say why not. The RAF are very persuasive at making people think that if you do nothing at school you can still get into a high paying job that you don't have to pay much tax on and do thingst hat you want to do.

ARG!

I didn't listen in on the troupe themselves, but I certainly heard their ungainly aircraft.

What do you expect, the goverment wants you to join so you can go get yourself killed in some unholy war.

Its called brainwashing, and damn they are good at it, stay strong and block out any of that crap they throw at you.

my mum was in the WRAF and i was thinking about joining the RAF at one point but never. its definitely the one out of the 3 main forces i would join. I wish we still had national service as i would have loved to gone into the RAF maybe i will when i get bored of my current job who knows.

They're the RAF reps, wadda you expect them to say? "Well, you COULD join up if you really wanna', but it's a bit naff, the food's rubbish and you can get some crappy postings. If i were you I'd go for that computing degree in your local tech college instead." Besides it's not just pilots they're after - cooks, engineers, security personelle, technicans, maitanence staff, computer nerds etc. We do need an airforce you know.

my dad was in the raf...he worked damn hard.

hes goin to be deaf by the time hes 65 cause he worked on plane engines.

My cousin is in the RAF, as a pilot instructor I believe, I think he does other stuff though. Moved around the country a lot, and even got stationed in France. I think he's been permanently stationed now though. Personally, I don't think the RAF is something I would do, but just maybe :P

edit - the tornado, tis the Royal Air Force

The RAF are super cool. Yes, they bomb places but they also do lots of humanitarian work - like rescuing people from the floods in Mozambique.

Also, fast planes are awesome.

What is RAF? I never heard about that...

royal air force. also heard they closing a few of the stations my dad was in, in the north of scotland

Ok, it's fine that alot of peopele's realatives are in the RAF but the message they're sending is horrible and comepletely corrupt.

Ok, it's fine that alot of peopele's realatives are in the RAF but the message they're sending is horrible and comepletely corrupt.

Bad choice of words. They don't lie to you, they just maek a hard job sound glamorous with its benefits.

I never said they lie to you. They advertise the job in a corrupt way, that's my main anger with them. The spokesguy barely mentioned actually working, he spoke about doing sports, going abroad to fancy hot nice places and getting paid loads of money.

Oh because if the guy started talking about how you get to blow the crap out of people, sometimes innocent civilians, seeing friends die and potentially being killed yourself. He's really gone have the crowd hooked.

I'm a supporter of the armed forces, not something I would personally do myself.

royal air force. also heard they closing a few of the stations my dad was in, in the north of scotland

hmm royal air force, 'tis in england, amybe something if I really wanted to be pilot, which I don't so...

we had the army visit our school when i was there, i noticed the same manipulation as you but it didn't make me particularly angry, we just laughed at them sugar-coating the fact that you're being trained to kill with little snippets like "ooh, you get to see the world!" and "you'll earn even more than the minimum wage!".

hmm royal air force, 'tis in england, amybe something if I really wanted to be pilot, which I don't so...

if you want to be a pilot you have to be in absolute PERFECT health..no glasses, no hearing probs, etc. someone i know wanted to be a pilot but couldnt cause he had a history of a collapsed lung

"ooh, you get to see the world!" and "you'll earn even more than the minimum wage!".

yeah you do get to see the world and you do earn more than minimum wage and there are lots of other perks.

the service isnt for everyone but a lot of people enjoy doing something for their country (even tho nowadays its hardly worth it the mess its in) but yeah its a good career in what ever you choose to do in whatever force.

there are lots of other perks.

such as a pension. once u quit the forces u get a pension even if you work somewhere else.

if you say so. can't say i agree with you.

you dont have to, we all have our own opinions on things, its just a shame that some of you look upon the forces in such a way tho.

if you want to be a pilot you have to be in absolute PERFECT health..no glasses, no hearing probs, etc. someone i know wanted to be a pilot but couldnt cause he had a history of a collapsed lung

Indeed, I remember my cousin having problems getting in because he has a metal plate in his head, of course, he's in now.

you dont have to, we all have our own opinions on things, its just a shame that some of you look upon the forces in such a way tho.

it's not the people, it's what the forces represent that i object to.

cant get in if ur colour blind either! and many more jobs are now stating that if your colour blind they will no give u a job!

Sign in to follow this