NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Kurtle Squad

"[Playstation] arrived in Europe that would later revolutionise gaming"

Dictionarty definition get revised all the time as they can be deemed out of date. I don't care what the dictionary says to be honest, and its pretty vague anyway

rev·o·lu·tion·ar·y ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rv-lsh-nr)

adj.

often Revolutionary Relating to or being a revolution: revolutionary war; a museum of the Revolutionary era.

Bringing about or supporting a political or social revolution: revolutionary pamphlets.

Marked by or resulting in radical change: a revolutionary discovery.

n. pl. rev·o·lu·tion·ar·ies

A militant in the struggle for revolution.

A supporter of revolutionary principles.

You see, all the examples and I read into it an 'active' goal to be revolutionary - Sony wasnt trying to be revolutionary, by chance it became very popular, but they weren't trying to start a gaming revolution, they didnt know they would bring gaming to the masses the way they did!!

And also, its pretty subjective as I wouldnt say its 'radically' changed, its changed a lot but radically!?! Not even close - making something popular hasnt changed the way we play games at all, things havent changed really since the nes - more people play and theres more shit out there, but it hasnt changed that much, the only way it has changed is with the analogue stick!! And even then it was more of a 'natural' evolution of gaming.

The only real revolution could possible be Nintendo's controller - which isnt a natural evolution of gaming, and could 'radically' change the we we play games and the actual games develoeprs create!!

It radically changed the way the industry is today. They for it is revolutionary. There's no point trying to change to meaning of the word.

"revolutionary dictionary meaning. = Marked by or resulting in radical change."

I don't think it has radically changed, what has changed about it - things have become bigger, better and mroe expensive but it hasnt really changed.

I mean, whats the difference between Fifa 2006 than Fifa 94 on the megadrive!

How has Sony changed the any of the games we see in the industry other than bigger bidgets (which is arguable to thank sony for that).

Things have just moved on its natural course but things have changed that much, never mind radically changed!

It made the market wider for people. When the PSX hit the shelves it basically kicked gaming into the mainstream. It brought loads of money into the section and from that basically stuck gaming where it is today. If Sony never entered the market, gaming probably would not be as big as it is now.

It's nothing to actually do with the games themselves, just the industry as a whole. You are just looking at the actually gaming side of it and not the impact it put on the market itself.

There's over 100 million PSX sold around the world, hell even the PS2 is nearly hitting that point now, they hit the marketing bang on, it's just something Nintendo and Sega couldn't do back then. They couldn't get the gaming out of the closet. That is why it radically changed the industry to what it is today.

I see your point but didnt the NES shift 80 million units? I wouldnt call that a radical change. Also, I think the industry has grown UNBELIEVABLY your point is unarguable, however, I just dont think its been revolutionary. I think this is the point were start to go round in circles :)

playstation revolutionalised the gaming audience. not gaming itself, happy?

but by radically altering the audience, and the average gamer's expectations, it forced developers, and therefore their games, to change aswell. and if you lot still can't see it, then yous can stick your friggin revolution where the sun don't shine :heh: and have an angry smiley from me for extra effect :angry: lol i'm not actually that angry, but seriously, SONY DID REVOLUTIONISE GAMING. fact.

I was willing to leave it. But then you put 'fact'. IT'S NOT FACT!!! How did the radically alter gamers perceptions!? How did this inturn change the way developers made games!!?

Just tell, dont make bold abstract statments and declare them as fact. Tell me how games today are revolutionary different from what they were in the SNES days, or even N64 days as the revolition took a hell of a long time, didnt happen over night did it.

Tell me!! IT DIDN'T- peoples biggest complaints this gen are that it is so similar to the N64 days!!! Well this had no bearing from SONY!!!!

Sign in to follow this