NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ocelot

A Final Fantasy Theory

I believe that Final Fantasy 13 will be the only game for the PS3. The reason is this. (This is an example)

2007 - Final Fantasy 13 released

2008 - Final Fantasy vs 13 released

2009 - Final Fantasy vs vs 13 part 2 released

I think due to high cost, the only Final Fantasy you're going to see on PS3 is 13 and 7 re hashes or developments. Final Fantasy 14 won't be until Playstation 4.

holy shit playstation 4 it is the best i am going to buy one because FF14 ultimate battle MMORPGFPSRTS. it will have 900GB harddrive for VR gaming.

sorry but who will be expecting comments like that as soon as all the new systems are released?

Well your theory is pretty good but its flawed. The Final Fantasy after 13 won't be coming out on PlayStation 4 simply because 4 in our lanuage sounds like death in Japenese so unless Sony just changes Japan's name then i think we willl see a new name over here.

Well since the FFXIII games are all done by different teams I think we will see a FFXIV on the PS3.

And I'd so buy a remade FF7, but I'd like a remade Suikoden II first please. It won't happen though :(

They'll each be coming around the same time-ish as each game is being devloped by a different studio.

Plus, I'm nigh on certain that one of the XIII is a mobile phone game, so not too long a dev time for that one.

From what I believe you be getting 1 single traditional, 1 actiony like the disgraceful recent Vincent Valentine game which I would think may well be mulitplayer, and then finally 1 mobile game.

I'd think each one would have small fragments of the story so those hyper FF fans would be forced into getting all of them.

On the topic of a Final Fantasy theory, I am very dissapointed with the way the company is going with the FF series. They seemed to have dropped there untouchable purity to instead to muddy their waters by sucking the series dry with all these Final Fantasy VII spin offs. As mentioned, Dirge of Cerberus, from a few reviews I read is complete and utter gash. Why do an shooting action game? Just stick to what you are good at. The VII series had this heavenly aura around before but now it has beeen tarnished slightly I feel by poor knock off jobs which sell only because of the name "Final Fantasy VII: something something" instead of the actual quality of the game.

However, that said, Advent Children was amazing. And truth be told, everyone wants to see the progession of the characters they got to know so closely. Which is why the clamerring for RPG sequels is always high. I'd love to see a continuation of VIII or IX. Yet once these sequels have been made you generally have mass outroar as the developer doesn't satisfy all the fanboy needs.

With sequels, you risk destroying the lovely and generally nostalgic view people have of the original game. Just look at FFX-2, FFX was better just left alone I feel. And despite how I want a sequel to the FF games, I feel they are better left untouched, preserved in their glory.

In my opinion, its not the milking of FF7 that pisses me off, its the way they are doing it, who really wants a mobile game and an action rpg with wincent as the lead. Just give the fans what they want, an updated FF7.

Sign in to follow this