NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

Sega talk Wii (and other next generation)

http://www.cubed3.com/news/5448

GameDaily recently spoke with Sega of America's VP of Marketing, Scott Steinberg, discussing Sega's approach to the next-generation of gaming and their plans and thoughts on Nintendo's “New Generation†effort, Wii.

• Sega is supporting all three platforms with new and existing brands as launch and post-launch titles.
  • Sega has the capacity and scale to support all three consoles in different ways.
  • The Wii Sonic exclusive will ship in March 2007 (estimated).
  • Super Monkey Banna Blitz remains a launch title.
  • "Nintendo's, which has such a unique architecture to it that we mentally really have to think differently.â€
  • Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3/Xbox) will be a launch title for the PS3.
  • Full Auto 2: Battlelines is also a PS3 launch title.
  • Virtual Fighter 3 is the final PS3 title in Sega’s initial support.
  • “I've been asked this question a lot and it's difficult to put it [in terms] of the kind of relationship you want, headline type relationship, because it's like buying a car... You can buy a $100,000 car or you can buy a $20,000 car. Next-gen games don't automatically cost $20 million dollars.â€
  • "There's a bit of a design, creative learning curve on how to fully exploit the nunchuks and Sega is already thinking about its second generation software. So if they're not already here, they probably weren't on board at the beginning and the companies are going to have a harder time thinking about ways to innovate and Sega's already thinking second generation.â€

• Shenmue III ? “I really can't answer that, although I will say that we look very closely at our IP and a few days ago we [announced] the comeback of Golden Axe...part of our mission is to look at our library of IP and be real selective and smart about which ones we bring out, which ones are "next-genable" and creatively that we bring something new to the table with them.â€

More hope for Shenmue III! At least Sega are still thinking about the franchise!

Take that PS3! Virtua Fighter is your last Sega game!

Yeah, for a few months and then SEGA will have a few other games ready for the 360 and the Playstation 3.

Sega want to be the best 3rd party company that they can be. In order to do that, they can't really afford to not support any consoles. They consoles they support, the more potential sales they have. That's what EA has always done correctly.

If sega can pull off a decent sonic title and can keep the super monkey ball franchise so strong i would be happy to bring them home with my Wii.

Take that PS3! Virtua Fighter is your last Sega game!

Initial support, SEGA wouldn't be so dumb to not support the PS3 (unless it totally flops, which I doubt)

Golden Axe being resurrected? Cool, I think...

As long as they don't do with Golden Axe what Capcom did with Final Fight. Keep it 2D people.

As long as they don't do with Golden Axe what Capcom did with Final Fight. Keep it 2D people.

It will surely be 3D, and probably not feel much like Golden Axe at all. Except for like, co-op multiplayer.

I hope Sega make a Wii version of Space Channel 5, I only ever played it briefly on the Dreamcast but really enjoyed it and loved the soundtrack!

Anyway, I reckon it'd work so well using the Wii Remote to do the dance moves and then pointing it at the screen for the shooting sections.

Don't know what the current situation is with Space Channel 5 though, I recall Sega having some copyright trouble with it and the lead singer of Deee-Lite trying to sue them or something like that. :hmm:

It will surely be 3D, and probably not feel much like Golden Axe at all. Except for like, co-op multiplayer.

im sure streets of rage will be next

but the best they can do with goldenaxe is add rpg elements or make it like the lord of the rings games which wernt THAT bad.hat genere is soo dead.i can only play the originals for ten minutes

Hold it...there's a 3D version of Final Fight?!

Hold it...there's a 3D version of Final Fight?!

Final Fight: Streetwise. Just as bad as you'd imagine it to be from the title.

*imagines Golden Axe Streetwise. Dies of shock*

They had better try their best not to screw that up.

Sign in to follow this