NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
pdhq64

University?

So I left, and now I'm back. I've only been speaking to the IRC lot, which isn't a lot of you to be honest. :P (Get on IRC!)

So, for those that are heading to Uni this year:

1. Where are you going?

2. What course are you doing?

3. When do you leave?

4. Living at home? Or in halls?

Me? I'm going to Staffordshire University on Sunday. O_O (Along with ModoX and g9icy from IRC :D) My course? Forensic Computing. I'll be living in Halls, where g9icy has already reported download speeds of 800kb/s - that's 1.9GB in 20 minutes. \o/

Edit: Oh, by the way. Register at NewStudent.org. Once you've selected your University, you'll be able to use the forums and find out who will be living next door to you for the next year (provided they use the site too). I've already found out I'll be living next to a girl called Emily for my first year...we've been talking on MSN.

I leave to go to Warwick University on the 24th where i shall be doing General Engineering. I still don't know exactly where i will be living, as they havent yet told me, but it will be in one of the halls i applied to.

Im off to Swansea University on the 24th to do Electrical And Electronic Engineering. And im staying in the student village, where all the action is :happy:

I'm going to IST, Lisbon, Portugal doing computer engineering. Still don't where I'm going to live, but I'll try to stay away from under the bridge.

Me? I'm going to Staffordshire University on Sunday. O_O (Along with ModoX and g9icy from IRC :D)

You can have a c-e (or should i say r-e?) fraternity :bow:

Im off to huddersfeild to do psychology on sunday. I don't know any one else who's going there so its a bit of a bummer, and on top of that, im in block A flat 1, which sounds like a groud floor to me. 2 problems presented by that.

1. girls tend to to be given ground floor appartments for safty/comfort reasonds

2. i have slight dissablities (dyspraxia if your interested) so i may have been up in a dissabled hall. now my dissabilities are nothing serious, but i dont want to be surronded by people who are mostly all fairly seriously dissabled, i mean, dont get me wrong, ive got nothing against people for matteres outside of there controle, its just, if every one else is like, more severly disdsabled then me, im thinking along the same levels as this guy who i did a level ict with who had cerrible pausy, its going to be hard to like, go clubbing or anything with them because of accessablity, and what have you, id be fine to be seen walking round and being friends with them, i understand that people with dissabilites are just as intelegent and funny and friendly as people with out, in most cases more so, but im not hugely out going, i dont want to have to try so much harder then most people to have to make friends, i mean, you ormaly make friends with people on your floor for the first few weeks, and go out with them. i dont want to have to go to cluns by my self. i guess its just part of life though.

Im back at Norwich for my final year of my degree (Computer Science btw), Its scary how fast its gone but its all been good fun and a laugh.

So I left, and now I'm back. I've only been speaking to the IRC lot, which isn't a lot of you to be honest. :P (Get on IRC!)

So, for those that are heading to Uni this year:

1. Where are you going?

2. What course are you doing?

3. When do you leave?

4. Living at home? Or in halls?

I'm off to Newcastle on the 24th, to do History. I'm going to be in a flat with 5 other guys, this could be incredible as long as they are...you know...allright heh. I'm sure they will be, its Uni now! (i.e. they won't be chavs :P)

I am ganna take a year out next year, then the year after, i'm hopefully going to uea to study environmental science.

I'll be going to Hertfordshire to do computer and network tech and i'll be in halls but f**king out of the way. I'll be leaving the 24th i'll try and keep posting if i can.

I'm off to Newcastle on the 24th, to do History. I'm going to be in a flat with 5 other guys, this could be incredible as long as they are...you know...allright heh. I'm sure they will be, its Uni now! (i.e. they won't be chavs :P)

Well, since you're off to Newcastle you should get used to the local lingo. It's charvers not chavs. Newcastle Uni is awesome, it's so close to the High Street and there's just a nice atmosphere. Which halls are you in?

1. Where are you going = Aston Uni

2. What course are you doing? = Computer Science naturally

3. When do you leave? = well i start on the 26th

4. Living at home? Or in halls? = home :-(

Im off to huddersfeild to do psychology on sunday. I don't know any one else who's going there so its a bit of a bummer, and on top of that, im in block A flat 1, which sounds like a groud floor to me. 2 problems presented by that.

1. girls tend to to be given ground floor appartments for safty/comfort reasonds

2. i have slight dissablities (dyspraxia if your interested) so i may have been up in a dissabled hall. now my dissabilities are nothing serious, but i dont want to be surronded by people who are mostly all fairly seriously dissabled, i mean, dont get me wrong, ive got nothing against people for matteres outside of there controle, its just, if every one else is like, more severly disdsabled then me, im thinking along the same levels as this guy who i did a level ict with who had cerrible pausy, its going to be hard to like, go clubbing or anything with them because of accessablity, and what have you, id be fine to be seen walking round and being friends with them, i understand that people with dissabilites are just as intelegent and funny and friendly as people with out, in most cases more so, but im not hugely out going, i dont want to have to try so much harder then most people to have to make friends, i mean, you ormaly make friends with people on your floor for the first few weeks, and go out with them. i dont want to have to go to cluns by my self. i guess its just part of life though.

I can't imagine they would do that. Lumping all of the disabled people together is probably seen as 'treating them differently'. Nobody wants to be seen to be discriminating, so chances are you're in a block with everybody else.

I went to Hudd. a while back to have a look around (it was going to be my second choice, until I saw the Uni :P). I'm assuming you're staying in the Student Village, right? You'll have a hell of a trek to get anywhere decent at night. :P (3 miles to the town!)

Chances are, you just got your application for accomodation in first, and thats why you've been put there. I bet you find you'll be put in the same block as all of the girls - my thinking is that they tend to be more worried about it, so get their form in as soon as possible. You could be onto a winner there. ;)

Just create an account over at NewStudent.org, and see if anyone else is living in the same block as you...

EEVIL: Sorry, didn't realise I stole your topic. :P It's just something constantly in my mind right now. I'm just taking a break from getting stuff together now. Keep your eyes out for a few of my friends at DMU - I have quite a few going there... :)

I'm off to Newcastle

you and practicaly all my friends, newcastle is a decent place, its got few chavas, and the town is nice, and has the best night life in the uk.

theres a nice lil games shop there called anouther level, like a small geeky one.

and in response to pdhq

i think that they may have dissabled students together for like accessability. and yeah im in the student village, ok its 3 miles to town but theres the student union there and a bus stop right outside. and a curry house across the road!

the uni looks pretty shambles, i admoit, but there psychology facilites are top notch.

i do hope i get a normal mixed floor, chances are i will, im just worrying to much :p

Well, since you're off to newcastle you should get used to the local lingo. It's charvers not chavs. Newcastle Uni is awesome, it's so close to the High Street and there's just a nice atmosphere. Which halls are you in?

Ok, charvers. Sounds silly :P

Anyway, I'm in some flats on Richardson Road which is about 2 minutes from the Uni, which is handy.

you and practicaly all my friends, newcastle is a decent place, its got few chavas, and the town is nice, and has the best night life in the uk.

theres a nice lil games shop there called anouther level, like a small geeky one.

Hooray! Sounds like I should have a good time...

Ok, charvers. Sounds silly :P

Anyway, I'm in some flats on Richardson Road which is about 2 minutes from the Uni, which is handy.

My wife stayed in Ricky Road (as you must henceforth call it) and had a nice enough time. It is very close to campus and a hospital too, which is convenient.

It is by far the most active set of halls at the uni with stuff just going off all the time.

(I miss Newcastle University, I had a lot of good memories there.)

My flatmate did history and he had on average 6 hours of lectures a week. A history student has an easy life apart from essays and reading.

and a curry house across the road!

Heh. We have the county's Police HQ across the road. I'm liking yours more. :p

Although the Hospital is a 2 minute walk, and the Fire Station is literally just behind the halls too....

My wife stayed in Ricky Road (as you must henceforth call it) and had a nice enough time. It is very close to campus and a hospital too, which is convenient.

It is by far the most active set of halls at the uni with stuff just going off all the time.

(I miss Newcastle University, I had a lot of good memories there.)

My flatmate did history and he had on average 6 hours of lectures a week. A history student has an easy life apart from essays and reading.

Yep I've been told to expect around 6 hours a week of lectures, but there is a lot of stuff to be done by yourself - lots of reading and essay writing etc.

Heh. We have the county's Police HQ across the road. I'm liking yours more. :p

Although the Hospital is a 2 minute walk, and the Fire Station is literally just behind the halls too....

the rozza's arnt going to like me, im gonna take a wild sling. a waterbomb caterpult with unimagineable destructive power. it can fire a water bomb through a sheet of chip board at close range

the same range me and my cousins used to shoot it at cows.

I start at Uni this coming week, it's gonna be interesting.

Going to the University of Huddersfield, although i'm staying at the folks for the time being as I've got a steady job and social\sporting activities close to home.

Hoping to meet new people v. soon as i know no-one in the area.

SWi!

I'm going back to Sunderland tomorrow. I'm doing Journalism.

Shmotz, if you're after a good night out in Newcastle, you can't do much better than Legends on Grey Street.

I start at Uni this coming week, it's gonna be interesting.

Going to the University of Huddersfield, although i'm staying at the folks for the time being as I've got a steady job and social\sporting activities close to home.

Hoping to meet new people v. soon as i know no-one in the area.

SWi!

dude what ya doing? we might have to have a meet a roony, get some brewskies and play some gameskis

and jack, look out for my friend lee, he's doing journalism at sunderland. hes got bleached blond hair and rectangular glasses. hes a cool guy, good fun to be around.

Sign in to follow this