NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
pdhq64

University?

I'm at Strathclyde (in Glasgow) just staying at home - no way I could afford to stay in the halls, even with a student loan. I'm doing Economics, Business Law, Finance and Human Resource Management.

Growing up sucks.

• Like 1

Ah dear i should have been at bournemouth this year but i chose to, rather foolishly, pursue foundation art at central saint martins....i should have gone and done 3D animation at Bournemouth damnit. Alas a year of art, if i choose not to drop out....god damn it better be worth it....least its free though.

Get the Foundation Art done, as it'll help you a hell of alot later on once you finish your degree at Bournemouth.

I did kind of plan to go to Bournemouth and do that exact same course as you listed above, but the entry requirements are 300 UCAs points plus at least a B in GCSE Maths; the maths will be needed because the course is more technically focused, requiring you to program plug-ins, etc.

I missed out on a B in my maths during GCSE, and the most UCAs points I'll probably achieve once I finish my BTEC diploma this year is 200 from a Merit/Merit/Pass, and then add another 30 onto that from a previous AS level a few years back which puts Bournemouth just out of my reach.

The Uni's that I'm interested in going to (in order) are Lincoln, Huddersfield, and Staffordshire..................I just hope my last year at college goes better than I'm expecting.

I'm starting 5th year at Secondary school and have no idea at all what I want to do afterwards... woot!

I'm off to uni this saturday. Moving all my shizzle in. Then it's Independant EEVIL for me, has anyone got any advice for a lone ranger like myself?

I'm starting 5th year at Secondary school and have no idea at all what I want to do afterwards... woot!

ha thats easy. Go to college. Dont not go to college because itl be likely youl regret it later. Also pick the college carefully. My mate chose the wrong one, and dropped out. He could have done well.

Or an apprentiship. I hear some of those are good.

oh yeah and do not do computer science, unless your extremely maths minded

oh yeah and do not do computer science, unless your extremely maths minded

I havent done any maths since the first year and im not doing any this year :wink:

1. Where are you going = University of Bristol

2. What course are you doing? = Civil Engineering

3. When do you leave? = 1st of october is moving in day

4. Living at home? Halls! lets hope its a laugh/

Is anyone doing any design courses, or are you all just geeks who are going to be laughing at me when you're making truckloads of cash with your IT jobs?

im going to loughborough to study maths :P im off on the 28th (week today) dont know ehere im living aparently. big confusion about it. Cause it was my insurance choice they could guarentee me a place in halls. aparently the halls are full now and about 200 people are in the same situation as me. they are gonna contact me in the next 24 with information aparently. looks like im gonna be going into the private housing...

I'm doing a Games Design course at the Hull campus of Lincoln Uni (Yeah, I don't understand that either)

Here already and have been for a couple of weeks now and I'm living in halls!

It's great but it's so damn difficult remembering peoples names.

I'm doing a Games Design course at the Hull campus of Lincoln Uni (Yeah, I don't understand that either)

Here already and have been for a couple of weeks now and I'm living in halls!

It's great but it's so damn difficult remembering peoples names.

I may see you next year if all goes well for me, as I'll be starting that course if I get into Lincoln.

If you could let me know how the course pans out aswell it would be a great help to me. :smile:

I may see you next year if all goes well for me, as I'll be starting that course if I get into Lincoln.

If you could let me know how the course pans out aswell it would be a great help to me. :smile:

Way, that's rather groovy. I will do definitely if I remember. I won't actually know for a while anyhoo as the actual games design stuff doesn't start until the second semester :doh:

• Like 1

Way, that's rather groovy. I will do definitely if I remember. I won't actually know for a while anyhoo as the actual games design stuff doesn't start until the second semester :doh:

Well I'll still be on these forums for years to come most likely...........and I doubt you're going anywhere aswell. :wink:

Let me know how it goes, either over msn or by PM's or something............just drop me a random line at somepoint in a few months if you remember.

Get the Foundation Art done, as it'll help you a hell of alot later on once you finish your degree at Bournemouth.

I did kind of plan to go to Bournemouth and do that exact same course as you listed above, but the entry requirements are 300 UCAs points plus at least a B in GCSE Maths; the maths will be needed because the course is more technically focused, requiring you to program plug-ins, etc.

I missed out on a B in my maths during GCSE, and the most UCAs points I'll probably achieve once I finish my BTEC diploma this year is 200 from a Merit/Merit/Pass, and then add another 30 onto that from a previous AS level a few years back which puts Bournemouth just out of my reach.

The Uni's that I'm interested in going to (in order) are Lincoln, Huddersfield, and Staffordshire..................I just hope my last year at college goes better than I'm expecting.

Seconded. I took Foundation Art and it was great - deffinatley worth it if you're planning to move on to uni. Wolverhampton uni gave me a conditional offer straight away because of it. I passed my art and will be starting there Monday. I'm doing a BA Hons. in Graphic Communication. W00t, can't wait!! :D

Yay! At last someone who's doing a Graphic Design degree!

Yupyup, indeed. ^^

I'm actualy suprised there aren't any other people doing a degree in graphics here - I've been lead to beleive that it's quite a popular course...

Are you guys staying on campus uni's? Or halls of residence?

im not sure which the best is

I don't know if I'm ready to go to uni right now. My city is relatively small, but we have almost everything ad it's safe and calm. I'm moving into Lisbon, which is our capital, so life will be much more stressful. And my health is not so good right now, I have some stomach problems, so I'm kind of nervous. I hope I can adapt to it fast. Growing up sucks indeed.

I hear all are good, as there are plenty of like minded people about. Just don't live at home :P

Living at home - that way I got parents that can cook and wash for me. :p

Seriously though I'm thinking more about the cost of living at uni and I don't mind living at home tbh. However, if travel starts to become too much of an issue (it can take a while to get to Wolvo from where I live) I will consider living at uni.

i got my accommadation sorted today. im living in privately owed flats which were purposly built for students so it will be pretty much the same as halls. i can wait to just move out tbh :P

Sign in to follow this