NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Stocka

J-pop Official Thread

I'm really into it recently, well japanese music in general. I've always liked some of Utada Hikaru's songs (Sakura Drops and Distance are my favourites) but thanks to Dabookerman I'm now in love with Yaida Hitomi - Over the Distance, listen to it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3dyT39x7L4

Oh and here's Sakura Drops: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb6F3gExI8k

What do you lot like?

Over the Distance is in Ouendan. Don't know much J-Pop music, just mostly the stuff that's in Ouendan. L'arc~en~ciel's Ready Steady Go is good.

Excellent stuff stocka.

J-pop/rock is what i mainly listen to these days now, Its just very different to western music, and i never did listen to much of it in the past. i only ever listened to SOAD but that kinda faded away and i hardly listen to them now.

My favourite j-rock band is L'arc~en~ciel, theyve been around for quite sometime, since 94 and theyve released over 7 albums or so. however i think their latest one 'Awake' is their best one, i just love all the songs on that one. another great band is Asian Kung Fu Generation. i think they would be so awesome to listen to on long car journeys.

A lot of the stuff from ouendan made me wnt to listen to more so thats where it came about i suppose. and personally i love every song on ouendan.

Hikaru Utada was first got me into J-Pop. I heard one of her songs on a Nintendo DS advertisment and this (hot) Japanese girl I know recognised the song and sent me some of her other works.

I specifically like Automatic and Travelling (the music video for Travelling is crazy, she dresses up as a pixie airhostess).

After that I deversified a little. My favourites being; Koda Kumi, Dream, Da Pump, Love Psychedelico, Ai Otsuka, and of course Ayumi Hamasaki, who I think is a tad over rated.

Anyone tried Utada's American album "Exodus". Personally, I'm not a big fan. She worked with some guy to try and hit the American market and I don't think she really pulls it off to well. She loses what made her J-Pop great and also some of the lyrics seem slightly jilted, such as

"This is just the way I am

I really wanna tell me something, but I can't

You make me want to be a man"

I mostly listen to this webradio: kawaii-radio.net! They stream songs from japanese games and regular japanese artists - quite good in my opinion.

I listen to Hyde after it was in the japanese baten kaitos advert, great stuff.

Listen to shallow sleep, evergreen and shinning over you. He does stuff in english to.

Im really very into Dir en Grey, but the rest of people I know hate it.

I'm really into it recently, well japanese music in general. I've always liked some of Utada Hikaru's songs (Sakura Drops and Distance are my favourites) but thanks to Dabookerman I'm now in love with Yaida Hitomi - Over the Distance, listen to it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3dyT39x7L4

Oh and here's Sakura Drops: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb6F3gExI8k

What do you lot like?

Haha man, was that serious music?

That was just awful, the Japanese language just isn't good for songs. lol

J music has stole my heart too. They seem to have more feeling. Asides from the already mentioned L'Arc en Ciel and Hikaru Utada I recommend Rie Fu, The Pillows, Asian Kung Fu Generation, Beat Crusaders, Typhoon 24, Orange Range and Akira Yamaoka (mainly the Silent Hill OSTs).

Nah, J-pop is shit.

Is this all you come on forums to do? You said the exact same thing on the power metal forum. Kunt.

Yeah, some J-pop is really quite good, Marty Friedman apparently now plays as a freelance Jpop guitarist, which is what got me interested. It can be quite fun and catchy sometimes.

Link: http://twochineseboys.blogspot.com/2005/11/radio-in-my-head.html

= the best jpop I've ever heard...:heh:

Fields is funny because he says bad stuff about pretty much everything.

Fields is funny because he says bad stuff about pretty much everything.

QFT

At first it's annoying, then you jsut begin to laugh.

Never really listened to any J-Pop, except fromt he kareoke part of Takeshi's Castle (which makes it sound bad)

Anyone heard of Polysics? They're Japanese... I think, or perhaps Martian.

Anyone heard of Polysics? They're Japanese... I think, or perhaps Martian.

They are peforming at the garage near holloway, i might go to that.

J music has stole my heart too. They seem to have more feeling. Asides from the already mentioned L'Arc en Ciel and Hikaru Utada I recommend Rie Fu, The Pillows, Asian Kung Fu Generation, Beat Crusaders, Typhoon 24, Orange Range and Akira Yamaoka (mainly the Silent Hill OSTs).

I'll say it again: Asian Kung Fu Generation.

I'll say it again: Asian Kung Fu Generation.

Sol-fa, what an album.

*listens to kimi no machi made

I do like the love hina soundtracks, like the hinata girls albums and stuff

Kotoko is a great singer aswell.

Kumi Koda rocks my..... er.... skoda??

Well Yoko Ishida isn't much to look at but she has a lovely singing voice. She tends to do the opening songs for anime series.

Well Yoko Ishida isn't much to look at...

You're joking right? Someone please tell me he's joking.

Well I dunno I prefer Misono and Koda but, maybe I just haven't seen any good pictures of Yoko.

Sign in to follow this