NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
The Bard

Street Fighter 2 Turbo

Man, I just rebooted this game on my Snes after about 5-6 years, and I haven't been playing street fighter recently, and now that I come to think of it, it's without a doubt the most perfectly crafted fighting game in existence.

The only problem is that I keep getting my ass handed to me. I use Ken, and can do all of his moves (shoryuken, hadoken, hurricane kicks etc.) very well but I have trouble pulling them off at the right time. I'd like to know if anyone here can help a brother out with some good multiplayer strategies to use etc.

Mucho Gracias Amigos!

and:

ken.jpg

Shoryuuuuuken!

Chun Li and just keep jump kickin em into the side of the screen, trapped.

We did a Street Fighter fest a year ago on some Playstation rerelease my friend bought and a guy who's not really the most prolific of gamers shamelessly discovered and used this tactic. Disgusting but if you need to use it Bardyboy then go for it.

Chun Li and just keep jump kickin em into the side of the screen, trapped.

We did a Street Fighter fest a year ago on some Playstation rerelease my friend bought and a guy who's not really the most prolific of gamers shamelessly discovered and used this tactic. Disgusting but if you need to use it Bardyboy then go for it.

Meh, sure, it's rather effective but definatly not a sure win tactic.

The secret to both Ken and Ryu is to learn real good both hadoken and shoryuken so you can time them (very important with shoryuken) but also learn their kicks, they've got amazing kicks.

Edit: I think they should release some Street Fighter 2 combo package for the DS, and it would be great if they could cram in online multiplayer.

I loved Street Fighter Turbo on the SNES. It's my favourite fighting game ever. I'm waiting for it to be released on Xbox Live Arcade.

SFII Turbo was the game that made me buy a SNES when i was like 5!

I've always used Ken and Ryu the entire time i've played SF games. Unless it was Super SFII then i was Cammy or SFIII 3rd strike where i was Dudley.

Hadoken!

ryu-hadoken.jpg

Yeah, thankfully, I've been playing it for 5-6 hours a day for the past fortnight :heh:. I've got some pretty useful tactics worked out that I use, although some are pretty hard to pull off with my worn down Snes controllers. If they jump in the air at any point It's best to react immediately with a shoryuken. When they are some distance from you, do a haduken, and when they are one jumps distance from you, fake a hadoken and if you're lucky they'll jump, or block, in which case jump forward with a fierce air kick and then immediately do a fierce floor sweep. One special that I never use is the Hurricane kicks though, because it's pretty useful. Now that I've regained my form, I'm practically unbeaten for about 70 games at school :heh: Actually it kinda sucks, cause noone ever wants to play me on it anymore...

Oh, another amazingly awesome tactic is to jump and land behind the opponent and press punch, and it throws them immediately, although I'm sure its some sort of glitch....It only seems to work with Ken and Ryu though aswell...

Hehe, without a doubt one of the best games ever made.

I see your haduken and raise it with my shoryuuuuken!

ken.jpg

Edit: I think they should release some Street Fighter 2 combo package for the DS, and it would be great if they could cram in online multiplayer

Yeah, I would love that, they released loads of street fighter games on the GBA, so an online one would be ideal. I would also love a DS version of Tekken 3!

My mates and I got together not so long ago and decided to have a bash at this. Was quite fun. Next time they're over, i think we'll end up playing this again.

My fav ever fighting game, e honda with the walk forward slap thing could pwn anyone but i loved doing the throws though the boxes etc in the background

E honda with the forward slaps is a noob character, he's without a doubt the single most annoying character in a videogame ever, with perhaps the exceptions of blanka and zanghief. If you know what youre doing all it takes is a well placed haduken or jumping kick to cancel it out.

I remember I used to rent Street Fighter for the Mega Drive over and over when I was a kid. I'd play it for like 7 hours straight at a time. Now when I play it on an emulator, I think the game is just horrible. Playing it again definitely took away my rose tinted view of the game I used to have.

That Zangiff [however you spell his name] Russian wrestler guy had the best move in the game, that super pile driver move, where he jumps all the way to the top of the screen and drills them into the groud, took off over half the players health. Deadly move if you could pull it off.

I was a SF2T master and to this day remain undefeated, i'd mainly use M Byson [however you spell his name, the final boss in the game] due to his electrical spin move and his drag kick, which i'd continuously do and annoy the hell out of my opponents.

It's going to be fun when they bring this out on the Wii virtual console. Especially if they take it online.

I hope this does not come out on the virtual console and is online. If that happens I'll be as good as dead since my life will be pissed away on the Wii.

Man, I just rebooted this game on my Snes after about 5-6 years, and I haven't been playing street fighter recently, and now that I come to think of it, it's without a doubt the most perfectly crafted fighting game in existence.

The only problem is that I keep getting my ass handed to me. I use Ken, and can do all of his moves (shoryuken, hadoken, hurricane kicks etc.) very well but I have trouble pulling them off at the right time. I'd like to know if anyone here can help a brother out with some good multiplayer strategies to use etc.

Mucho Gracias Amigos!

and:

ken.jpg

Shoryuuuuuken!

im not sure of the move names.What i do is.Everytime a person jumps into you use the shoryuuken move.

i would recommend blanks.His high punckes are invincible.i love this game.Still the best beat em up ever!

That Zangiff [however you spell his name] Russian wrestler guy had the best move in the game, that super pile driver move, where he jumps all the way to the top of the screen and drills them into the groud, took off over half the players health. Deadly move if you could pull it off.

I was a SF2T master and to this day remain undefeated, i'd mainly use M Byson [however you spell his name, the final boss in the game] due to his electrical spin move and his drag kick, which i'd continuously do and annoy the hell out of my opponents.

balrog's throwing move lasts about ten seconds.Very annoying but funny if you are doing it

I've never seen a SF2 (any) master who didn't use Ryu/Ken/Chun Li that hasn't been beat by a good Ryu/Ken/Chun Li player. They are (unfortunatly) that much better than all (even bosses) characters, if they are in the right hands. I'd show you if it was possible ;)

(On the SNES, me and my mates would have these challenges, such as, complete the game on hardest and only using one hand and for example Dalsim (sp?), quite fun, atleast before everyone got too good at the game and it was never a challenge)

Just started playing Streetfighter Alpha 3 on the GBA. It's a crying shame that this is the only Alpha game released on a Nintendo console. Cramps my hands up in no time with that tiny D-pad.

Streetfighter Alpha 2 on the Saturn was just as good an experience as was SF2 Turbo on the SNES IMO.

I'd like some fruit cake!

Nice SF art site (amongst others): http://www.fightersgeneration.com

Just started playing Streetfighter Alpha 3 on the GBA. It's a crying shame that this is the only Alpha game released on a Nintendo console. QUOTE]

Uhm, SF Alpha 1 and 2 was released on the SNES.

Uhm, SF Alpha 1 and 2 was released on the SNES.

Uhm yourself.

You're right about Alpha 2. I had no idea it came out on the SNES. According to Wikipedia, it used a new compression technique to get all the data on the cart. Quite a feat really. It was one of the last, if not THE last game released for the SNES.

Just for the record, I can't see mention of Alpha 1 being released on the SNES.

I never had SF2Turbo on my snes :(, but I did borrow it off a mate for ages! :D After a while it just sort of broke though, which was weird, it would just stick at the loading screen and you wouldn't believe how upset I was about it, and my mate. I remember whenever I used their specials, I'd always use the most powerful kick/punch, although I always got my arse handed to me by Bison, the fiend!

(heh, this reminds me I have the film and the anime floating about on numerous VHS tapes)

Ken it is for me!

As people have already said, when someone jumps - hit 'em with the shoryuken.

The hurricane kick, I find, can be a useful technique when combined with jumping. (I'm sure you all know this but...) If you jump and unleash a hurricane kick you'll travel horizontally across the top of the screen... can be useful for putting/closing distance between the opponent and yourself and also for avoiding landing on slow fireballs!

Chun Li's spinning bird kick can be used from a wall jump and she'll travel across the screen from the top, diagonally, down to the bottom... it's a great move for people who haven't seen it before (yes, there still are some!) but watch out for the shoryukens... they'll take her out of course!

Sign in to follow this