NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
goron49

How many times have you moved house?

How many times have you moved house?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. How many times have you moved house?

• Never
    • More than 8

Twice here, I will be moving house again next year (I think) .. I really hate moving house, the most stressful thing ever.

I never have, i definatly will be when i finish all college / uni as i want to move down south because the place i live in is a dump.

Ive never moved house. I mean i did move out for University, and I moved back in again, and ill be moving out again before the end of summer, but that doesnt count.

Once, when I was 3. Moved from North London to Norwich. Don't remember it at all though, or anything about my previous home.

since March, i have moved house, 1, 2 ....3!!! times :p

But i'm not a refugee or something, just like moving house :bouncy:

I've never moved house. It would seem weird not living here anymore. Must be a weird feeling walking passed a house you use to live in and seeing other people in it. :-\

Let's start counting ;)

I was born in Belgium, we lived in an apartment. When I was about 1 we moved to a house (1). When I was 1,5 years old we moved to america (2). When I was about 5,5 we moved to chile (3). At the age of eight or nine (foggy) we moved to an apartment in Brazil (4), shortly followed by moving to a house (5).

We moved back to Belgium to an apartment (6) for a while, then to a house we'd be renting for two years (7). We then built our house about four years ago and naturally moved into it (8).

We moved for my dad's job (he helped start up new plants of his company, and is now CEO of a big part of it, so it payed off :))

I've never moved house. It would seem weird not living here anymore. Must be a weird feeling walking passed a house you use to live in and seeing other people in it. :-\

Same. I've never moved house either. I've moved in and out of halls of residence, but i don't personally think that that counts.

I really can't get my head around people who've lived in like 5 different countries. I mean, surely it's a pain moving all the time? It kinda distorts the whole meaning of the word "home", imo.

i have lived in the same house all my life, couldn't really see myself moving anytime soon either

I really can't get my head around people who've lived in like 5 different countries. I mean, surely it's a pain moving all the time? It kinda distorts the whole meaning of the word "home", imo.

The moving can be stressful yes, but at the moment I'm at home. I never thought 'oh we're moving out in a few years' while moving in someplace. Home isn't one place for me anymore. For instance, my grandparents' house is home for me too.

My other grandparents sold their house to go live in an apartment and it was bought up by a younger family. Now THAT is weird for me, looking at that house and imagining other people in it. With houses I've lived in myself I never got that feeling.

Let's start counting ;)

I was born in Belgium, we lived in an apartment. When I was about 1 we moved to a house (1). When I was 1,5 years old we moved to america (2). When I was about 5,5 we moved to chile (3). At the age of eight or nine (foggy) we moved to an apartment in Brazil (4), shortly followed by moving to a house (5).

We moved back to Belgium to an apartment (6) for a while, then to a house we'd be renting for two years (7). We then built our house about four years ago and naturally moved into it (8).

We moved for my dad's job (he helped start up new plants of his company, and is now CEO of a big part of it, so it payed off :))

So you're dad opened plants in Chile and Brazil... I guess you'll be moving to eastern Europe soon.

I moved twice, it's the weirdest thing when you wake up the day after you move, and expect to see something but it isn't there anymore.

Twice, Once from a big cottage on the grounds of a mansion my dad was groundskeeper at. Then the guy sold it, and we rented a house down the road (literally on the same road). Then in the middle of primary school, we moved to where we are now. All that was about 7/8 years ago, so this is home now.

once for me, in all my lifetime ive lived at 2 houses.

The moving can be stressful yes, but at the moment I'm at home. I never thought 'oh we're moving out in a few years' while moving in someplace. Home isn't one place for me anymore. For instance, my grandparents' house is home for me too.

My other grandparents sold their house to go live in an apartment and it was bought up by a younger family. Now THAT is weird for me, looking at that house and imagining other people in it. With houses I've lived in myself I never got that feeling.

I just find it strange, because home for me has always been one place. I could never keep moving from country to country.

My flatmate at Uni (ex-flatmate now) was born in Germany, but she moved to Geneva, then Singapore and now she lives in Brighton. She has an American accent, and you wouldn't guess that she was German. I kinda thing that losing something like your accent is like losing your identity.

That's just my view on it. :)

when 2 yrs old me and folks moved from newport to caerleon. then when 11 moved from there to magor.

twice

So you're dad opened plants in Chile and Brazil... I guess you'll be moving to eastern Europe soon.

Nope, one of the conditions on this last move to brazil would be that we wouldn't move for at least fifteen years. :)

Would you believe I'm getting edgy at seeing the same city for six years now? Glad I'm going to college in Ghent and not here (if I pass :()

I've moved once when i was about 6. I was living at my grandparent's house and now i'm in a new one.

6 times....

From a flat in Hammersmith to a house in Hounslow, then I moved out with my mum when my parents got divorced (to twickenham), then moved from twickenham to isleworth (only moved about 20 minutes walk away), then moved across the road* and I've now moved back to my dad's house :)

*we were living on the ground floor of a two story flat but moved across the road because my mum's boyfriend's dad came to leave near us (as he is old and frail) and he cant really handle the stairs so we moved to the upstairs flat across the road and he moved into our old flat ::shrug:

3 times in all, once from the house where my parents lived when i was born to another place about a mile and a half away when i was 18months old and then from there to the next town when i was 6 where i lived until moving to norway here.

Just the once, from Leeds to Halifax.

I'm glad I did, and I hate that I did for the same reasons. Weird eh?

Sign in to follow this