NEurope
rokhed00

Help stop this unspeakable cruelty

that is crule, but we can't judge outher cultures by our own. would you go to a middle eastern country and say "actualy, you cant have that many wives, its just not nice." or tell there police "cutting the hands off thives is wrong" in both cases, i belive that it is wrong, but its not fair to judge the standards of some one whos been brought up in a certain way by your own. in all likelyhood, these people have been raised with dogs being treated like vermin, would you feel the same empathy for a rat, or pidgeon?

havign said that, if outher cultures dont intervein, things like slavism and child prostitution are alowed to continue. I in no way, shape or form support policing the world, making every country become like a little peice of america, but things like slavery, child (and maybe even normal) prostitution and animal crulty should be irradicated from socity no matter were in the world it happens.

the fact is, humans, like all outher species of animals look out for number one, themselves. its hard to imagine a goat stopping killer whales from torturing seals before they eat them (which happenes)

simple fact of the matter is that these fishermen are killing two birds with one stone, there catching the sharks and getting rid of the problem of the stray animals. in there eyes it isnt a problem. stray dogs tend to be dangerous at best. they are desperate beasts and eat from bins, were, if dsturbed there natural reaction is to attack, imagine a small child goes to fetch a ball that has landed near one of these dogs, its natural reaction would be to attack the child, is this acceptable? not all dogs are like the ones you have at home, some are as crule and remorseless as the men who use them as bait.

still, what they are doing is torruring them. that just isnt right. i can't agree with torture, even for people who deserve it. if the dogs were dead when they were used as bait then id be less upset by it, but its a very unpleasant death.

Stupid french!, (signed)- and how cruel, poor dogs and whats the sharks done, i say "go back to your snails!"

Stupid french!, (signed)- and how cruel, poor dogs and whats the sharks done, i say "go back to your snails!"

why didn't i work this one out earlier? of course, the perfect answer to animal cruelty is racism! it all makes sense now :indeed:

Signed.

The "who are we to judge" point sometimes applies, but using live dogs as shark bait is totally un-necessary.

Signed.

Thats so disgusting. I don't eat any meat, wear leather or fur mostly because of this reason. Its sad to know what all the animals go through to get onto your plate. However I am guilty, I still eat english chicken.

Watch this, its disgusting and sickening. Its about the indian leather trade. Its got Pamela Anderson in it..haha.

http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=skin-trade-ili

Signed.

A sick practise using live bait, and i hate the killing of sharks too.

Me too, Sharks are cool. I hate it when it seems to be blamed on the shark for eating people in Cornwall n stuff!! Maybe you should get out of the fucking water you dick heads!!

(Signed)

its not just the using the dogs as bait that gets my back up, i don't agree with shark fishing any way. tbh half the fishing practices need sorting out as they're all fucked up. especially over fishing, people may moan that cutting quotas will ruin their business etc but i think there not being any fucking fish left at all would ruin it abit more, not to mention fucking up so many more things in the envirionment.

we need to get our fucking act together and start living together with the planet, coexisting with the other life forms, not to mention the rest of the human race. all we're doing right now is living off the planet at its life, plundering it and in turn digging ourselves a hole that if it gets much deeper, we won't be able to climb out of.

Agreed with this post 100%

As an animal lover, I find this extremly disturbing, how can anyone be so cruel, these bastards should be castrated then forced to use their balls or even better use their children as bait, see how theyd like that.

Yep, let's use the actions of a few men as an excuse to mock the entire French population. This is both logical and rational, and will solve all our problems!

Yep, let's use the actions of a few men as an excuse to mock the entire French population. This is both logical and rational, and will solve all our problems!

damn right it will :p

Exactly... well said mate.

things like this go on in other coutries. and this isnt the fault of all french.

im beginning to wonder why all these threads are being un-intentionally changed to flame wars :(

Signed and spread the link around. Im an animal lover and have dogs of my own so this irked me greatly.

I always thought hating the French was a genetic trait found in people of Anglo-Germanic origin?

... I signed the petition anyway, I have always had dogs and will continue to for as long as it's practical.

Is it more cruel than putting a rabbit in a fenced area with two greyhounds chasing it? I think not.

But still, yes i have signed and am totally against this.

I love animals and to see this makes me very angry, I suggest we nuke the french bastards, send in the RAF. Signed.

Yeah you've got a point Wes, come to think of it, who are we to stop the paedophiles, rapists and other criminals from having their own way of life and doing whathever they feel is right? Bit extreme perhaps, but c'mon, in the words of Judge Dredd..."I. Am. The LAW!"

So keep your little freedom to torture animals bullshit to yourself weslie.

That's cute.

Really.

I'm sorry that I have a different thought pattern to you guys, really I am.

I honestly just think, "we use live bait for fishing [worms etc], why value the life of one animal more than the other; simply because one is bigger or people find them cute?".

But really, I am sorry for not agreeing with you there.

I honestly just think, "we use live bait for fishing [worms etc], why value the life of one animal more than the other; simply because one is bigger or people find them cute?".

seconded. i feel really guilty for killing wasps that buzz round my head now lol. theres always people ready to fight for the causes of rare/beautiful/cute animals but you dont see many people fighting for others. im not having a dig at anybody here before you all go quoting me.

That's cute.

Really.

I'm sorry that I have a different thought pattern to you guys, really I am.

But really, I am sorry for not agreeing with you there.

i think the point is that a lot of us have developed emotional connections with dogs, and feel and understand a dog's pain far better than we do with a maggot or a worm. i'm not saying that it's right or wrong, just giving my explanation on this apparent hypocrisy that a lot of us have.

You think maggots have the same value as a dog?! Who have the mental capacity of an amoeba. :hmm:

do unintellegent human beings have less value than us?

do unintellegent human beings have less value than us?

:hmm: C'mon you would seriously feel remorse over a dead maggot?

I mean they ATE them on a certain reality show, did you just pent up in rage after seeing that...?

So you judge a value of a life by mental capacity?

Would you judge a human with a mental disorder less than a someone who doesn't?

And dukkadukka I'm not saying you are hypocrites I'm merely explaining that I don't agree with you all.

And I understand it's because a lot fo you like dogs and have an emotional connection with them, it's fine.

But I don't.