NEurope
rokhed00

Help stop this unspeakable cruelty

Originally posted by area on DNBA

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right basically I think that this is fucking disgusting! I dont know if anyone has actually read about it, apparently it was in todays sun, but basically for those who have not, a french island called reunion uses a horrible fishing technique to catch sharks, they basically get puppys and dogs and put a hook through thier snout and another through thier back legs and throw them off the back of the boat (alive) and wait till a shark goes for them!!

the rspca have got a petition up and I thought that some of you would want to sign it, the petition is going to the french embassy to aks them to stop it!

the page has a disturbing picture of a labrador puppy on it so beware!

http://www.rspca.org.uk/servlet/Satellite?...ct&pg=sharkbait

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've signed it, sick wankers IMO. :angry:

Sure, live bait is rather horrendus(sp?), but do you have any clue what the animals on your plate have gone through? Just becouse they don't have puppy-eyes doesn't mean they can't feel. Sure, I've signed it, but it sickens me a bit that I know people get much more offended by this just becouse it's dogs.

That's totally wrong. Effing French t**ts.

On the other hand, slaughter me up some steak any day....mmmmm.

Who am I to make judgements on other people's ways of life?

I'm not signing it.

Signed.

I´m not to fond of dogs myself but that shit was a step to far.

I also read they were using cats and I love cats. It´s disgusting.

Signed; dogs are mans best friend. They depend on us, look up to us and generally love us whoever we are. This sort of thing is disgusting; animals like cats and dogs do not have a voice or a way to protect themselves from the sick people that live in this worl; that is why everyone of us should sign this petition.

Who am I to make judgements on other people's ways of life?

I'm not signing it.

Yeah you've got a point Wes, come to think of it, who are we to stop the paedophiles, rapists and other criminals from having their own way of life and doing whathever they feel is right? Bit extreme perhaps, but c'mon, in the words of Judge Dredd..."I. Am. The LAW!"

So keep your little freedom to torture animals bullshit to yourself weslie.

Signed and I totally agree with wanting this to be stopped.

But, I've got a question for you all.

Why is using cats and dogs as live bait for fishing so much more shocking and digusting than using other, established forms of live bait in fishing?

Just think about it before stating the obvious. Would there be as much uproar if they used an animal we're not so familiar with?

just bomb the fucking place, make the lot glow in the fuckeyed dark. not that there should be alot left, just a smouldering wasteland. its better than they deserve, treating animals cruely...

These things make me really angry, how some people can be so brutal is beyond me...

its not just the using the dogs as bait that gets my back up, i don't agree with shark fishing any way. tbh half the fishing practices need sorting out as they're all fucked up. especially over fishing, people may moan that cutting quotas will ruin their business etc but i think there not being any fucking fish left at all would ruin it abit more, not to mention fucking up so many more things in the envirionment.

we need to get our fucking act together and start living together with the planet, coexisting with the other life forms, not to mention the rest of the human race. all we're doing right now is living off the planet at its life, plundering it and in turn digging ourselves a hole that if it gets much deeper, we won't be able to climb out of.

funnily enough i've tried dog, it's quite nice! Shark too!

Still, signed!

This reminded me of the topic in CE about the skinning of animals

thats just sick...dogs are so lovely! that pic of the dog on the website..nearly made me cry :( how could somebody do that. Signed the petition also :)

I read it in the Sun today. Really sickened by it.

Signed.

Yeah same. I was in shock by it all, and the pic just made it even worse.

Yeah you've got a point Wes, come to think of it, who are we to stop the paedophiles, rapists and other criminals from having their own way of life and doing whathever they feel is right? Bit extreme perhaps, but c'mon, in the words of Judge Dredd..."I. Am. The LAW!"

So keep your little freedom to torture animals bullshit to yourself weslie.

FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

i think it's sick, and have signed the petition but that doesn't give me, or you the right to get high and mighty about it all.