NEurope
Charlie

Futurama to return!

We've reported on every single little rumor that's come out about Futurama's return. We've asked Billy West, who couldn't tell us anything definitive one way or the other. But -- finally! -- we have some confirmation that Futurama is indeed coming back.

And we can thank Craig Ferguson for it.

When Katey Sagal visited The Late Late Show the other day, she told Craig that the show is coming back to Comedy Central in 2008 for at least 13 episodes (I was watching that appearance, too. Must have slept through that part). Don Kaplan of the New York Post confirmed this; his sources told him that all the primary voice actors signed new deals this week. Also according to the article, FOX may have the option to air the new episodes, but probably won't. The new episodes will also come out on DVD after they air.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2006/06/22/new-episodes-of-futurama-coming-to-comedy-central-for-real/

It seems pretty real, it was on Digg.com....

Words cannot describe my pleasure right now. No more crappy new Simpsons episodes to watch... we have Futurama.

hurray for Futurama im tired of watching the old same shows over and over, finally some change! or at least new stuff.

They can't be serious...can they?

I hope to god not.

No other man can play Kirk.

Wasn't there a topic on this not long ago?

Either way, Giant who cares. I never saw the appeal of Futurama.

old news, heard about it returning ages ago, fucked if i can recall where but i did.

Yeah but theres been so many little rumours, dodgy staff members confirming it I wasn't too sure whether it was still on. But we have a definitive date now so... tis all good.

yey for futurama :D love that show. this and family guy are possibly my favourite cartoons

I got excited about this last time it was 'announced'. I'm taking it with a pinch of salt until Fox / Groening announce something official.

"Good news everyone" ^^

I love this show, can't believe that it got cancelled in the first place! It's way better than Simpsons too imo. This is deffinately great to hear, can't wait till they start airing again! :D

Finally more Futurama,but it's still quite a while away...But still great news that it's actually confirmed.

yay! futurama is great. ages away, but it gives me something to look forward to in my otherwise insignificant life.

awesome, just got series 3 and 4 on dvd, half way through 3 and its great. The first two were good aswell, looking forward to new ones ^_^

2008!?!! wtf, maaan

at least its coming back, but c\'mon, 2008???!

It usually takes an entire year to get one episode of an animated show produced, or so I heard on a Family Guy commentary. Perhaps I'm wrong, but 2008 seems feasible. They just produce a load of episodes at once.

I heard about this and didnt know if I should believe it at first. Seems its true though so Billy West wasnt lying a couple of months ago after all.

It says on that site that there's a Futurama movie in 2007 too. I hope it's early because this is great news, and it would quench my Futurama thirst until 2008.