NEurope

Yeah, An Unexpected Gathering is a fantastic set. It's a uniquely bright, great little set.

I just got the Ultra Agents helicopter which should arrive this week, and I saw the Ferris Wheel in the flesh the other day....which was annoying because it confirmed that I 100% definitely need it.

My Star Wars shelf is a little overcrowded now.

SyFL235.jpg

General Grievous is a personal favourite. :)

FeMPiqm.jpg

CIMG1801_zps9vosa0m6.jpg

First set sorted! It's about same amount of bags as set 2 and 3 combined. Took me about an hour and a half to sort.

CIMG1807_zpsgcdyphk0.jpg

I just realised I haven't posted my LEGO display here.

HSshSpw.jpg

jy8Mohq.jpg

f8iIL9L.jpg

PZw6Ss2.jpg

dQlFjdN.jpg

8kCfeG5.jpg

KrEbxUz.jpg

ZVBtCxY.jpg

Some of the smaller Star Wars stuff will be replaced when the WALL-E and Doctor Who sets are out.

Finished! Amazing set. Loved building it, especially the engines. Over 100 cogwheels are used to work the various power functions. Took me about 15-18 hours to build, including sorting.

CIMG1882_zpsbrpmuj9v.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality. I need a better camera/steadier hands.

CIMG1807_zpsgcdyphk0.jpg

CIMG1808_zpsllytubt9.jpg

CIMG1814_zpshm1bpbob.jpg

CIMG1819_zpsrsrf1w61.jpg

CIMG1821_zpse0k83yhp.jpg

CIMG1827_zpsd8ynzcxw.jpg

CIMG1829_zpsfxved5ho.jpg

CIMG1842_zpsozc4hu3j.jpg

CIMG1845_zpshmmjkmd2.jpg

CIMG1851_zpsxy8rofca.jpg

CIMG1852_zpsyu5er0dz.jpg

CIMG1854_zpsd4chlckm.jpg

CIMG1855_zps1hmoargq.jpg

CIMG1856_zpsevdnvdsp.jpg

CIMG1857_zpszk1snuyy.jpg

CIMG1858_zpsecl8kdbb.jpg

CIMG1861_zpsqlqrsn4l.jpg

CIMG1863_zpsskymocep.jpg

CIMG1865_zpsv9g3ltr8.jpg

CIMG1868_zpsmcdg7mcj.jpg

CIMG1870_zpstnz5za2s.jpg

CIMG1872_zps8nupvoqo.jpg

Edited by Tales

I don't know why, but I'm imaging you making that model, taking a picture every time you added a new piece and turning it into a video... would take ages.

I have new addiction :p

1158 pieces for this Ferrari F40. PS4 controller there for size comparison. It was straightforward to build, nothing too challenging, but it was fun to build and it looks awesome.

CIMG1974_zpsw0n1kji3.jpg

CIMG2003_zpstmjcy0jb.jpg

CIMG1966_zpsa7gv0fvf.jpg

CIMG1977_zpsrnf4sxpw.jpg

CIMG1981_zpseteubrnc.jpg

CIMG1986_zpsl9kokl4h.jpg

CIMG1987_zpstywywmrz.jpg

CIMG1990_zpst0x8qrbn.jpg

CIMG1988_zpssyz2kcqw.jpg

CIMG1998_zpsz6fb5nuv.jpg

CIMG1999_zps6eekke0h.jpg

Also a new edition to the Architecture series, the Flatiron building:

CIMG2011_zpska84tx7s.jpg

CIMG2012_zpssyyrpcyo.jpg

Edited by Tales

Two new additions to my Architecture set. I also got Lego Ideas Birds on the way.

CIMG2019_zpsbitxht32.jpg

CIMG2028_zpsyucdsqtk.jpg

Edited by Tales

That's going to be well hard to make. A giant block.

There's the interior to build, too.

There's the interior to build, too.

That will take a good while for us to complete the interior because of the Time Lord technology! :(

That will take a good while for us to complete the interior because of the Time Lord technology! :(

It will take a long timey wimey no doubt

Got a couple of Ikea Detolf cabinets to build up soon that will definitely be housing a load of my LEGO.

Same for my models too! (not Lego ones though)

I think I may add another tier or something on some of the shelves. Because some of my models and looking at these Lego cabinets, there is space going to waste.

21985207051_51f61f38bd_o.jpg

Supposedly 623 pieces. Probably be £60. Possibly seems extortionate to me, but LEGO is always extortionate. Its got some cool pieces!

2133006-o_1a0slu9hp1ed2qrf1v9h15892vja.jpg

Looks more like the William Hartnell Doctor than Capaldi.

Exactly what I thought. Still, it's nice for fans.

One thing I don't like is that his proper costume is exclusive to the Dimensions pack. Still buying it straight away.

Newest and for now last batch of architecture sets.

CIMG2058_zps6h7cjrim.jpg

CIMG2070_zpsn25tiily.jpg

Was going to buy the U.N. building as well, but they seem to have retired it a few weeks earlier. It can be bought elsewhere still but they charge even more than the official lego site so I will skip that one. The only one remaining still in production is the Space Needle, but the price cost is insane compared to the number of pieces. So now I play the waiting game! Dreaming of 2000-4000 piece building, maybe of Notre Dame, Colosseum or Castel S'Antegelo. The only ones they made so far, Tower Bridge and Sydney Opera aside, is the large Eiffel Tower and Taj Mahal, but they are retired and cost around 10 000 dollars on Ebay!

Also got this free gingerbread house.

CIMG2043_zpskiz2hx9x.jpg

And the birds you might have seen in the background. They have been standing in the corner there since I got them two months ago.

CIMG2073_zps0rr02t1n.jpg

Loved building them. Some interesting and mildly challenging building techniques. Love how the display looks like those of the architecure buildings, only with a more "natural history museum" colour.(doesn't translate well in the picture, it should be more darker shade of brown) The names on the display tags below are written in latin.

The booklets are also great. Unlike some other lego sets, the paper is of high quality and full of information on the birds and architect.

CIMG2074_zpskdwqrpre.jpg

Same goes for the architecture series. Several pages spent on the history of the building in the beginning with more smaller pieces of information scattered across the booklet that you can read as you build with a final word from the architecture on how he went on creating it. Besides being written in English, it also written in the language of the country where the building resides such as Italien and French.

CIMG2078_zpsjetgwgmw.jpg

Edited by Tales

Got a discount because of my Star Wars film ticket (the yellow piece of paper in the background actually), so bought a cheap set..

lego_rey.png

My first Lego set in over a decade I think, apart from some minifigures. So much fun. Deliberately deviated from the instructions as well. Wanted something to be symmetrical :p. Don't like applying stickers though :D.

Don't like applying stickers though :D.

This. Firstly, don't have the patience to get it perfectly straight. Or the manual dexterity, for that matter.

Second, if a sticker crosses a join, then those two pieces are TRAPPED TOGETHER FOR ETERNITY. And that, my friends, undermines the "Use anything to build anything" spirit of Lego.