NEurope

Does anyone have any experience with the Lego Studio program? The one that lets you create things in 3D. I've been meaning to look at it and just recently downloaded it and had a play around. It seems a bit daunting at first, but it doesn't seem like it could be too hard to use once you play around with it. I'm not up to creating something new from scratch but wanted to try something more than putting a few bricks together to make a wall 😆 So I took my Lord of the Rings set, Riddles in the Dark, and tried to recreate it. You can import sets and the pieces are all laid out so I used that to have a play around. I think I did well

CXWYoki.png

that really is a render from the program after I built it up in there. I can see having a bit of fun with it when I really get used to it.

• Like 1

I was looking into it a little bit a few days ago.

A long time ago I downloaded the official one. It's still available, but no longer supported I believe, although I think it's still occasionally receiving little updates in the form of new bricks and pieces. What I liked then was the direct link with the pick a brick store if I recall correctly. I suspect that's no longer working, but I haven't tried redownloading it yet.

I suspect the biggest one right now is the BrickLink Studio (I assume the one you mean), which also has a direct link to their own store. I prefer new items, but it's a good option to have.

I saw there were several other smaller alternatives, I think one of them was LeoCad.

I'd love to get into it, I have some ideas in my head, but I think I'll wait until I have more experience with current Lego, especially modulars. I intend to buy my first one in Summer.

• Like 1

Interestingly, Bricklink Studio is technically official, as they're owned by LEGO.

3 hours ago, Cube said:

Interestingly, Bricklink Studio is technically official, as they're owned by LEGO.

Yup, I believe that Bricklink is like the official reseller site of Lego, or rather market place.

11 hours ago, Cube said:

Ah I didn't know that.. Always seemed like a very elaborate fansite, with some cooperation from Lego. And that's how they started apparently, but they're now indeed part of Lego.

I'll probably just dive into Bricklink Studio then, once I'm ready.

• Like 1

On 08/01/2022 at 6:18 PM, Sméagol said:

I'll probably just dive into Bricklink Studio then, once I'm ready.

Yeah, that's the one I was on about and it's actually really good. Had another play around with it and wanted to try something a bit more "made by me" than copying. So came up with this.

xzhZXp3.png

I know there's lots of micro Titanics but I thought it may be a nice easy one to do. I think it turned out quite nice.

• Like 1

I get what they were trying to do in the first video, but not sure it needed to be 11 minutes long. Still, amazing work, very impressive!

2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I get what they were trying to do in the first video, but not sure it needed to be 11 minutes long. Still, amazing work, very impressive!

That's because apparently it's a "full" walkthrough. I haven't watched all of it myself, but it shows the routes to every dungeon in order

Horizon Forbidden West set inbound!

Unsurprisingly it's a Tallneck :p

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Julius said:

Horizon Forbidden West set inbound!

Unsurprisingly it's a Tallneck :p

Cool, I'll put it on my wishlist. it doesn't look quite as cool as the MOC I've seen earlier, but it still looks cool, and doesn't seem to break the bank either. I like the robot design.

Edited by Sméagol

It’s cool but honestly I think the pyramid is one of the best things they’ve done in a while:

LEGO-Great-Pyramid-of-Giza-0-Hero.jpg

Definitely day one for me.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Will said:

It’s cool but honestly I think the pyramid is one of the best things they’ve done in a while:

LEGO-Great-Pyramid-of-Giza-0-Hero.jpg

Definitely day one for me.

I remember a time in my life - about five minutes ago - where I was living blissfully in ignorance of this existing. And now I want it :p that's easily one of the nicest looking LEGO sets I've seen in a while! 

It's times like this when I'm glad I don't have anywhere near enough space in my apartment to display LEGO sets :D 

Funny, I think it looks a bit boring. Sure, it's nice and simple, but it doesn't look fun to assemble. 

At least it holds a nice secret. 

Edited by MindFreak

That looks like it would go great with the Architecture sets. Not sure if I'll get it or not though.

It leaked yesterday, but now it's official: they're coming out with a LEGO BD-1 (from Jedi Fallen Order)!!!

Well, guess now I know how I'm returning to LEGO :D

13 hours ago, Julius said:

Well, guess now I know how I'm returning to LEGO :D

None of the previous 500 sets interested you? :laughing:

• Haha 1

So glad I've never been into Star Wars cause the amount of Lego sets would destroy my wallet.

I did pick up Singapore Architecture set recently so now have all of them again (all the skyline ones, not the singular buildings)

Decided to put this in here instead of the Lego x Mario thread as this is more a normal set than part of the Mario sets they have. 

Holy hell this is awesome and a day 1 purchase for me. So much detail and fun parts of the set.

• Like 1