NEurope

If anyone is down for the Lego Masters, the next season of the Australian version - which shits all over the US version* - is on 4oD, the builds these people make are so impressive. I would never have thought to do half the stuff these teams do, but I don't think I ever had that much stuff to choose from, then angles come from all over the place to make these outrageous creations.

It's a shame the UK hasn't carried on with more.

*AKA the WIll Arnett makes a joke and everyone claps show feat several recaps because stretching it out makes for better television

Got the Lego Mighty Bowser today from my wife and kids! Really happy about that, looking forward to assembling it. Might even let my oldest son help me out, he loves Lego and can spend hours assembling stuff. Using the iPad builder app, he can even do it alone now (he's 5).

• Like 2

Sonic's turn for some more sets

2dFojQ5.jpeg

g2TUhlI.jpeg

y4C3wIQ.jpeg

YOlfdn6.jpeg

There are some parts of each set that are nice, but they're mostly quite rubbish. Focusing more on being a toy, which is kind of understandable, but would have been nice to have some more recognisable things than the random "beach party" bits each set seems to have.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Cube said:

There are some parts of each set that are nice, but they're mostly quite rubbish. Focusing more on being a toy, which is kind of understandable, but would have been nice to have some more recognisable things than the random "beach party" bits each set seems to have.

It's like they had too many pieces leftover from making the Lego Friends sets and decided to throw some Sonic minifigs at them.

• Like 1

The Robotnik is nice, I'd like that as a stand alone. Would also buy the minifigures as my son would love to play with them. Other than that, the Sonic sets aren't really nice to look at. They should go further and do what Lego Mario does, add some game to the sets. 

@EEVILMURRAY that was released in 2021, you only just seen it? I have it and it’s an awesome set. 

I picked up the Lord of the Rings BrickHeadz sets recently. Fun little figures at a nice cheap price. 

2 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

@EEVILMURRAY that was released in 2021, you only just seen it? I have it and it’s an awesome set. 

Looks like it!

Not sure why Lego/Facebook decided to blast it on the ol' feed. It looks like it would be a blast to build, but has little swooshability afterwards.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

Looks like it!

Not sure why Lego/Facebook decided to blast it on the ol' feed. It looks like it would be a blast to build, but has little swooshability afterwards.

It’s definitely a display piece more than a play piece. There are a few Easter eggs in it though and a few hidden areas. I enjoyed the build. 

Another Mario themed building set for @BowserBasher to consider shelling out more dosh on.

71426_alt1.png?format=webply&fit=bounds&

71426_alt2.png?format=webply&fit=bounds&

Who knew getting into Smash got you that premium Lego merchandising?

• Like 2

Oh, that's nice. And much more affordable than the other Mario sets (though of course also less bricks). Might grab it!

More Nintendo themed LEGO on the way - Animal Crossing.

Tom Nook is on standby to provide loans for buying the sets.

Yay. Heard rumours a while ago about these. I’m expecting one set to be Nooks, a house and then some smaller sets. 

Been doing some more of Bowser this week. So small update, I think we have a belly and a tail done.

• Like 2

The Mighty Bowser Done

This may now be my favourite build and set I now have and that's saying something as I have some really lovely sets. However this just looks and feels like a lot of love went into making him look as great and true to form as they could have. And they have done a great job too He's one heavy fella too. Great size piece and just looks awesome. If anyone was only going to get one of the Nintendo pieces, I would encourage them to get this one. Yes that's even over the NES set. 

Here's a larger photo of the completed set.

5514c8c9ca16da8d.jpeg

Edited by BowserBasher
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This was such a nice little fun build and a decent price if you don't want to spend out on Bowser. I hope we see more like this.

• Like 2

Found LEGO Sonic Green Hill Zone cheap today, 33 % discount, and bought it. Let my son build the Robotnik part, Robotnik himself seems a bit fragile but he had fun with it. Strangely, though, it seems that there is a piece missing. That also happened with Bowser. 

But looking forward to building more of it. It looks fun and will be nice to have around. 

31 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Strangely, though, it seems that there is a piece missing. That also happened with Bowser.

Sounds unlucky. All the sets I’ve bought I’ve only had one piece that’s been missing (though in my case it had been a different piece put in). Luckily Lego are amazing at sending out replacement parts, which I’m sure you must know. Just let them know and they will send out any missing part. 

8 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Sounds unlucky. All the sets I’ve bought I’ve only had one piece that’s been missing (though in my case it had been a different piece put in). Luckily Lego are amazing at sending out replacement parts, which I’m sure you must know. Just let them know and they will send out any missing part. 

Yup. I got the missing piece for Bowser but it took a few weeks. I had the same piece (but different colour) so just used that. I'm unsure if I have this piece lying around but I'll go look when I get the time.