NEurope

Real talk. I've been mostly "eh" on the Mario Lego set as a whole. But that one is the first time I've thought "I kinda want that".

The loose limbs are very cool.

Would never be able to afford it though.

EDIT: 270 DOLLARS!?

Edited by Glen-i

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Real talk. I've been mostly "eh" on the Mario Lego set as a whole. But that one is the first time I've thought "I kinda want that".

The loose limbs are very cool.

Would never be able to afford it though.

EDIT: 270 DOLLARS!?

Id say check out the NES set as that one is amazing. 

Bowser is £229 in real money. And it actually seems a reasonable price when people do the part per cost ratio thing. It seems to be about 10c (American) per part (so maybe around 6p), which is really good.

9 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Id say check out the NES set as that one is amazing. 

Bowser is £229 in real money. And it actually seems a reasonable price when people do the part per cost ratio thing. It seems to be about 10c (American) per part (so maybe around 6p), which is really good.

It's not really a case of it being relatively cheap, it would take me 6 months to save up for it. Not accounting for unforeseen circumstances.

I'm pretty poor, you know?

Edited by Glen-i
  • Sad 1

Looks brilliant and I’m super tempted to buy it for myself. The problem right now is that there are a ton of awesome things. I want that pyramid. I want the anniversary castle. I want this. I want the rollercoaster. I want the new trains. Godamnit Lego!!!

For any one with spare money (lol) there is a double VIP points event on the 12th and 13th (apparently trying to take some of the Prime Day business away from Amazon). I may use it to get the F1 McLaren race car or a few Mario sets. Not sure just yet.

Picked up the Ghostbusters Ecto-1 over the past week. So along with the F1 McLaren I picked up when the double points were on, I now have a fair few sets to build, just no room.

15 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Picked up the Ghostbusters Ecto-1 over the past week.

Which one did you get? the large one from GB Afterlife or the smaller one from a few years ago? I have the small one of of the two and hope to get the Afterlife model soon. I just don't have anywhere to display it at the moment lol

2 hours ago, Helmsly said:

Which one did you get? the large one from GB Afterlife or the smaller one from a few years ago? I have the small one of of the two and hope to get the Afterlife model soon. I just don't have anywhere to display it at the moment lol

10274.jpg?fit=bounds&format=jpg&quality=

It's this one, so the newer one that's in stock. Not sure how soon I'll build as I have no where to place them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

10274.jpg?fit=bounds&format=jpg&quality=

It's this one, so the newer one that's in stock. Not sure how soon I'll build as I have no where to place them.

Same reason I never got myself one for Christmas, but I want to get it before it goes, like the Firehouse

• Like 1

This Cyberpunk city is insane.

I've seen an earlier video of it, but it looks like it's heavily expanded since last time, with some extra towers and a monorail. It's very cool to just look at!

A very fun stop-motion animation, 15 minutes:

For those of you interested in film making and stop-motion animation, the making-of is highly recommended.

Just a head's up, Lego is increasing their prices for several sets starting September.This includes some modulars, and the NES set for example. Google the list if you're interested, some of those set may now have some deal going on before the price increase. I'm currently tempted to get the Technic BMW for example, and I wish I had the money to get those modulars before they become more expensive.

Work in Progress pic:

lego_optimus_zak%203.png

I got this one from my brother for my birthday a few months ago. Finally started building it today (after needing to unwind after resuscitating babies all day :indeed:. Doing a first aid course).

I don't have much time the coming weeks, so I'll be doing this one in chunks.

I did buy some other sets because of the increased prices and the discounts I could get at this point. Bought my first modern technic (won't be buying many of those), and my first modular (will be buying all of those). I'll post pics when I have them.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Like 1

Decided to make a start of the McLaren F1 car today. Engine and rear wheel suspension done. That's just bag 1. 60 pages! Bag two has a total of 110 pages of instructions. I'm assuming that being Technic building instructions are longer. Steps are more detailed and cause of some of building it seems that there are only a few parts per step. Looking good already though, the engine all moves and that suspension is looking solid.

• Like 1

Mighty Bowser is out today. It looks so awesome but I can't get myself to spend that kind of money on something like that even though I really want it.

Fd_mcNgX0AIxUeq?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Amazing piece of kit, I don't normally get Technic sets but this was a must have. Only issue is I couldn't get the front nose to fit as it was described in the booklet. It's supposed to rest lower at the front but the connectors just didn't want to fit as they were so I did a minor alteration and it fir a little higher up. 

• Like 1

Wanted this set for a while and I picked it up when there was a recent double points event on. Just got around to building it this past week. Absolutely love this, Not shown but there is a Flux Capacitor in there that has a light brick behind it that looks awesome. I went with Part 3 design as I love the circuit board and think the Mr Fusion looks better than the lightning rod. Mr Fusion has a banana and a drinks can in there to power it. Best part is the mechanic that moves the wheels to the flying position. It's just simple but an amazing effect. and yes, the gull wing doors do open up.

• Like 2

I've not bought lego before because I've found it too expensive - though there has been a few kits I've wanted. 

Ended up getting a voucher for Christmas, so finally took the plunge on their plants range. Was a lovely build, I think full price I'd have been happy, but for £50 I was impressed. 20221228_162520.jpg

• Like 4

Low effort shot (with a little easteregg):

lego_tallneck.png

I'll post the high effort shot in the photography thread!

• Like 2

I've been looking at those Star Wars diorama sets but then i look at the prices, £50, £75 and I can't justify spending that money on something i'm probably just going to build once and forget about. They look real nice though.

I picked up the Mighty Bowser set this past week (need someplace to put him before I start building). It's a double points week and I thought it was the best time to spend that amount of money. I'm also now sitting at 32,000 VIP points so have enough to get myself £200 worth of vouchers, but I'm saving as much of those towards the Titanic set (or maybe now the new Rivendell Lord of the Rings set that was announced.

• Like 1