NEurope

Hyrule Castle looks great, although I don't think LEGO have used a baseplate in a set for a decade now. Looks like a really well thought out set with lots of detail and play features, but I can't see it happening.

10 minutes ago, Cube said:

Hyrule Castle looks great, although I don't think LEGO have used a baseplate in a set for a decade now. Looks like a really well thought out set with lots of detail and play features, but I can't see it happening.

Yeah, agree, it looks great!

I mean, I think their process is normally to have LEGO designers work off the initial idea, so it wouldn't necessarily be a 1:1 thing. For instance, the Medieval Blacksmith set has some pretty drastic changes from Idea to reality:

EtY6tixUcAgTqWR?format=jpg&name=large

21325.jpg?fit=bounds&format=jpg&quality=

I think more likely to get in the way of it becoming a reality is Nintendo's overprotection of its own IP, though in this case, considering they worked together on last year's Mario sets, and that this year is the 30th and 35th anniversaries for Metroid and Zelda, respectively, I don't think it's too crazy that we see sets for them this year.

Even if it's not necessarily those Ideas, because I wouldn't be surprised if we found out they've already got stuff in the works! 

• Like 1

On 10/06/2021 at 7:41 AM, Sméagol said:

So many expensive sets I want! But can't afford.

That looks awesome. Don’t think it’ll be one I pick up but it amazes me what they can do with sets these days. The functionality of that typewriter is astonishing, fully working keys, and paper can be fed through it. 

My next sets I’m looking at the Space Shuttle and the new Disney Ice Castle. Along with the remaining Mario sets I need. 

Thanks to a promotion, I got some free Lego!

murderous_clown.png

It's an ugly motherfucker, but I'm not passing up free lego! :laughing:

Edited by Sméagol
  • Haha 2

Don’t normally go for Marvel sets but this was just too awesome not to get. 

• Like 2

Added the newest NASA set to my collection. This shuttle is awesome. Quite large and has the Hubble Telescope with it too. So please with it. I have all 4 of the space/NASA sets now. 

Gauging interest for future reference.

On another forum I go to, they have these bimonthly Lego MOC challenges, where you buy a (cheap) set, then use it to build something of your own imagination with it. Then post the results.

Anyones interested in doing something like that in the future? Yeah it'll cost you some money, but I imagine doing it just once and not bimonthly. They used cheap small 3-in-1 creator sets like this one.

lego_crocodile.png

Bought this thing this morning as I think it looks cool and it's no longer being made, the sets you find in a store are the last.

Was fun to build, and like I said I think it looks cool, though there were several parts that are a bit flimsy in my opinion.. Dust carefully in other words. :indeed:

• Like 1

That's an awesome looking train @Sméagol probably one of the few trains I'd get.

Got a couple of small new sets for Christmas and four more of the Mario sets. Minions, Unstoppable Bike Chase, and Captain America Mech Armour. Along with Toads Treasure Hunt, Piranha Plant Puzzling Challenge, Wiggler's Poison Swamp and the new Airship.

This reminds me of the Architecture sets, Which in all honesty would make great ideas for both Sonic and any more Mario sets. Those I'd pick up for sure. Never was a big Sonic fan so will probably be passing on this.

On 25/12/2021 at 12:57 PM, BowserBasher said:

That's an awesome looking train @Sméagol probably one of the few trains I'd get.

Better decide quick then, like I said, the set isn't being made anymore.

Not liking the look of that Sonic set..

I intend to buy my first modulars next year, starting with the Assembly Square, which I hear is rumoured to be next in line to have its production ended. I have limited money and space, but luckily I'm barely affected by fomo, so I won't bother with the cool sets I've missed the last few years. Maybe I'll buy a modern technic set as well, I only have experience with oldskool technic. I don't generally don't like the look of modern technic, but I want to know what the build experience is like, and next year's BMW bike looks cool.

50 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

but I want to know what the build experience is like,

I can't help with that. I haven't bought a Technic set in forever. I only have two, one is a yellow JCB digger with pneumatic pumps that operate the rear digger and the other is a really old car that has gear that change, two seats and a moving engine. This set here (8860)

This was when we didn't have separate bags and the steps didn't tell you what pieces were used in that step, you had to figure it all out from the image.

47 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

I can't help with that. I haven't bought a Technic set in forever. I only have two, one is a yellow JCB digger with pneumatic pumps that operate the rear digger and the other is a really old car that has gear that change, two seats and a moving engine. This set here (8860)

This was when we didn't have separate bags and the steps didn't tell you what pieces were used in that step, you had to figure it all out from the image.

I have one small bike thingy, and I had a big digging truck thing, from around the same era.

Yeah I remember that one. Mine was a smaller version of that one. It's in the box with all the other deconstructed Lego.. I have no idea if it's still complete. Not sure if I still have the instructions either.

On 03/09/2021 at 8:31 PM, EEVILMURRAY said:

Anyone enjoying the Australian Lego Masters? Heavily borrowing from the US series.

Season two has just started on E4 if any feels

I've never enjoyed Technic. I generally don't like the look of it but I think the functions are cool. I think it's down to all those holes in them. 

4 hours ago, MindFreak said:

I've never enjoyed Technic. I generally don't like the look of it but I think the functions are cool. I think it's down to all those holes in them. 

I enjoyed Technic for a while but pretty much agree with this. The best use of Technic is when it’s hidden behind the scenes of a regular lego set.

Ordered the Sonic set, quite looking forward to having that on my work desk.