NEurope

Anyone ordered off of the Lego Shop website before?

I ordered the Lego Ghostbusters Firehouse which i was shocked to discover that even at £274.99 would still require £21 of postage to have the express option! which at 2-3 working days estimate and Free shipping being 3-5 working days i couldn't justify that additional ridiculous cost.

I ordered it on New Years Eve, pretty much the moment i saw a facebook post about it going up for sale, yet its still not dispatched, its 'IN WAREHOUSE', so I'm extremely glad i didn't pay for express shipping.

What are delivery/dispatch times supposed to be like? I know its only the 2nd working day after new years, but i thought by now they'd have had the warehouse monkies get things boxed up and sent out, i'd be really annoyed if i'd paid for express shipping and it was just sat in a warehouse

I'd say they're normally pretty consistent however I have been hearing that right now is quite bad with a large backlog of orders. I wouldn't worry too much. They have top notch customer service, so could be worth dropping them an e-mail.

It takes about a week for me, but I think they work with 5-10 days. Orded something on the 1st, but seeing as the 2nd was a Saturday, I'm not too bothered that it was sent not before today.

I don't know about the UK, but I think they ship from Denmark when sending to Norway(at least I know it arrives abroad anyway) , that could explain the shipping time and cost.

We got one!

gb%20firehouse_zps9zckw8bx.jpg

Still not entirely happy with Lego's running of its deliveries, i emailed them and enquired about the delay on Tuesday night and got a response about 10pm last night

In the mean time, about 2am Tuesday night it 'shipped' and i was given a tracking number for Yodel.

The Yodel Tracking stated it was awaiting receipt of the parcel right up until 1pm Thursday, and it was delivered Friday evening.

So still really slow to actually get from Lego to a courier and then it was a 1 day deliery

Their email was illuminating on their processes

A standard shipping option of 5 working days does include the processing time in our warehouse which can be 1-2 working days depending on how many orders have come in. With the standard shipping option on your order, you should expect delivery no later than end of day on January 8th. There is an express shipping option that is within 3 working days, however there is an additional fee for the express shipping and you would have needed to select this option during check out.

So if they both use 1 day shipping it seems that extra fee is so they process it faster through their warehouse, which seems shady as fuck

but who cares i've got around 5000 pieces of lego to put together

Getting a package that size delivered from abroad in eight days seems pretty reasonable to me. I don't know why you're complaining so much.

I'm not complaining really, just a little perplexed by how their shipping works; 4 working days of various stages of it being in the warehouse and only 1 actual day for shipping (which if international is great, but the return addresses seem to be for a warehouse down south)

It seems paying for express delivery doesn't alter the postal service, just priorities your order on a list of packing jobs in a warehouse, so there is less time sitting places

seems disingenuous to label anything as Standard and express shipping on delivery options when it only relates to that

but impatience aside, this thing is massive! 3 hours and i've barely finished the first floor, without any furniture etc

Still haven't received mine. It was last registred leaving Oslo on June 7th at 18:16 but no movement since. Not too shocking it hasn't arrived yet.

At the same time, I'm missing a return order. I ordered the White House and Pisa tower last year, but the day after they gave away a free ginger bread house with qualifing orders. So I made the same order twice hoping to cancel the first order by e-mail. That didn't happen and both orders were sent anyway. I let first order sit at the postal office for two weeks like Lego recommended so it gets sent back and I get my money back. The return date is 2-3 weeks ago but no refund.

If no changes to the current order(Skyline collection) on Monday I will call the postal services, and then send an e-mail to Lego. I hope everything works out before then because I don't feel good about complaing about two expensive orders in one complaint.

Edited by Tales

Still haven't received mine. It was last registred leaving Oslo on June 7th at 18:16 but no movement since. Not too shocking it hasn't arrived yet

Man, you're way more patient than Gibbs.

Arrived today, ten days after I ordered it. So within the estimated time.

CIMG2086_zpscicxfebm.jpg

So it's slightly bigger than the old model :p

Took me around 10-12 hours to build with no sorting. Not necessarily challenging but a lot of work making sure every tiny identical 1x1 piece fit exactly right with each other.

CIMG2231_zpsvqs3rm5c.jpg

Group picture:

CIMG2236_zps5r7wdtak.jpg

I lost the spire to Burj Kahlifa when I accidently knocked it over a while ago. I was going order spare parts on my next purchase but forgot it when ordering Big Ben. So in the meantime I scavenged the LotR set, but they're in the wrong colour.

Edited by Tales
  • Like 1

Took me a while but here is the completed fire house (with Ecto 1 added in)

E5FB5D85-93BD-4E01-8A40-9371C818BDF5_zpsvxkjirqj.jpg

AA58B8CA-C82A-4176-9BC4-4833E571BBFA_zpsnnxmycik.jpg

Where's the pole?

Where's the pole?

On the larger opening door, you can see it in the bottom right, just about

https://mobile.twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/897489066425552901

Starkiller Base or Snoke's mobile command centre, that will probably feature in The Last Jedi (and as thus be a great tie-in) and was hinted at during the TFA build-up and cooldown, perhaps? The inclusion of D'Qar's ring is an intriguing one, for sure...

The promise of the largest LEGO Star Wars set ever is a pretty huge one: the Ultimate Collector's Series Millenium Falcon bricks in at 5195 pieces (with the infamous Death Star sets at merely 3000+). 

Whatever it is, i can't wait - it's been a while since I've bought some LEGO, so it seems like a set to keep an eye on!

Edited by Julius Caesar

The Ultimate Collector's Series Millenium Falcon set, based on the The Empire Strikes Back and the The Force Awakens iterations, which will cost ~$800USD, has just been revealed :D it will also be coming with 7,541 pieces, making this the largest and most expensive LEGO set to date!

Untitled.png

lego2.png

lego.png

And yes, it comes with both satellite dishes :p 

uu4jje2sc2jz.jpg

I kind of just want it for the extremely clean box design, though....

mk6w99ul22jz.jpg

Available October 1st!

Edited by Julius Caesar

If only I had some 850 euros lying around..

Edit: Should 've replaced those fucking porgs with a Luke Skywalker though.

Edited by Sméagol

On 10/08/2017 at 2:22 PM, DriftKaiser said:

Look like Channel 4 got a LEGO version of Great Britain's Bake Off. 

I missed the first episide but watched last nights. Some of the shit they built was incredible. Although those two little shits need to be kicked off.

The missus cracked up when that mother got all anal on the flower colours for the theme park.

• Like 1

I like the duo behind the pirate theme park. I was impressed by how they made a smooth cylinder out of lego for that wave ride. I think the mother and son team won't get through to next stage next week since they struggled with the technic bricks and their flower park is so boring unlike other people's builds.

• Like 1

What confused me about the mother/son team was that they were clearly competent Lego'ers, and she said she did all this planning and none of it was working. I think she was lying and didn't do any planning.

• Like 1