NEurope

It only came out today! :) if you buy it from LEGO .com and add a £5 worth of sets you will get a free balloon cart set.

:blank:

why didn't it say that on their website? i just ordered the Ecto 1 this morning! god damn it!

Gbfans were suggesting the Ecto 1 set was selling out very fast (in the US at least), hope this isn't a limited run as i wanted a second set to make Ecto 1A (being a 30th anniversary set and all)

:blank:

why didn't it say that on their website? i just ordered the Ecto 1 this morning! god damn it!

Gbfans were suggesting the Ecto 1 set was selling out very fast (in the US at least), hope this isn't a limited run as i wanted a second set to make Ecto 1A (being a 30th anniversary set and all)

Three advertisments for it on the Shop page! :p

I doubt it will be in short supply. Chances are they will keep producing it for a while. They are still producing the BTTF set.

IMG_20140615_203728.jpg

Haven't had time to build it until today.

RIP those pieces that fell off my desk never to be seen again. Most of entered an alternate dimension or something. I assume they give you spares of certain parts, because I had quite a few pieces left over.

I really wanted the lego ghosbusters firehouse :sigh:

looking at the upcoming review items several are redundant already - Helicarrier (its being done anyway) and the Jurrassic Park set, which is surely going to happen as it is

I really wanted the lego ghosbusters firehouse :sigh:

looking at the upcoming review items several are redundant already - Helicarrier (its being done anyway) and the Jurrassic Park set, which is surely going to happen as it is

The big sets have zero chance of getting approved.

Also, the official UCS Helicarrier (£269.99) is 2,996 pieces. The LEGO Ideas one is 22,694 pieces.

The big sets have zero chance of getting approved.

Also, the official UCS Helicarrier (£269.99) is 2,996 pieces. The LEGO Ideas one is 22,694 pieces.

Holy shit how many?! no way in hell that would get approved

Due to my visit to America this year, I will be buying all my Lego there - so much cheaper than Shanghai! Yay!

11018909_10155236567720581_4656702328567118734_n.jpg?oh=b382322897f0602c7566d7ba21940a07&oe=55511750&__gda__=1431357487_7fd220548b9893d6a51d29117e74214f

Little bit excited.

Hot. Tits.

How much did that set you back?

Hot. Tits.

How much did that set you back?

\Ahem.

I had some vouchers, but the full price is £269.99. :blank:

\Ahem.

I had some vouchers, but the full price is £269.99. :blank:

Good. Gravy.

I always remembered Lego being expensive, but I thought it might have just been my young mind and sparse pocket money. It seems not.

Thread bump, but as mentioned in post your purchase thread, I bought the Batman Tumbler:

And here it is:

IMG_1040.jpg

Here's the journey so far last night.

Sorting the bags out:

IMG_1042.jpg

A comparison of the tyre's to a cat's head:

IMG_1041.jpg

The Books

IMG_1044.jpg

And for the Progress:

This was how it looked after all of the Bag 1's where done and all of Book 1:

IMG_1046.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

And this is when all of the Bag 2's where used. At this point it's halfway through book 2:

IMG_1048.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg

And I left it at that for the night, back to it tonight. But a final pic of the build so far with a comparison to a figure and a tyre.

IMG_1053.jpg

Absolutely epic so far, quite a few stickers to add which I really dislike doing but has to be done.

I'm not really interested in Lego and I've significantly cut back on buying "stuff" for myself, but that set looks so good. The final product looks almost like a model of the real thing, not just a lego model.

Edit: never mind, just seen the price :blank:

Edited by Shorty

Got into lego in the past months. Just finished the cargo plane today. 1297 pieces with power functions. It was a lot bigger than I thought it would be, but it was so much fun building it. It's a more difficult to build than the normal lego sets of course, especially when you have made a mistake 400 pieces ago. Almost every piece has a purpose and using the wrong piece or placing it wrong will most likely make something not work like it's supposed to. And fixing the mistake is even more difficult. Thinking of buying the mobile crane(2606 pieces), also Technic theme like the plane, or the tower bridge(4000 pieces I believe)

I bought the LotR and City set on an impulse buy, but from now I will try stick to more compact sets for the purpose of being just for show rather than roleplaying sets with lots of tiny detached pieces.

CIMG1798_zpsmsvvvk5d.jpg

Got into lego in the past months. Just finished the cargo plane today. 1297 pieces with power functions. It was a lot bigger than I thought it would be, but it was so much fun building it. It's a more difficult to build than the normal lego sets of course, especially when you have made a mistake 400 pieces ago. Almost every piece has a purpose and using the wrong piece or placing it wrong will most likely make something not work like it's supposed to. And fixing the mistake is even more difficult. Thinking of buying the mobile crane(2606 pieces), also Technic theme like the plane, or the tower bridge(4000 pieces I believe)

I bought the LotR and City set on an impulse buy, but from now I will try stick to more compact sets for the purpose of being just for show rather than roleplaying sets with lots of tiny detached pieces.

CIMG1798_zpsmsvvvk5d.jpg

If you are into LotR sets, I suggest either An Unexpected Gathering or the Tower of Orthanc. these are my two favourite sets.

I was lucky enough to get "An Unexpected Gathering" for half price. Awesome set.