NEurope

Oh my fucking drool.

800x600_7052_lego_ufo_abduction.jpg

800x600_7065_lego_alien_mothership.jpg

800x600_7066_lego_earth_defense_hq.jpg

800x600_7067_lego_jet_copter_encounter.jpg

By far the best looking sets of the last few years. They havn't been this good since original Exo-Force, and original Agents. :D

Lego never ceases to amaze me...

dklego-556x500.jpg

Lego leaves me so...

I get the joke/fun of building stuff with it (and one day I want to build a giant thing with it), but buying the specific sets...? What do you do with them ReZ? Not trying to sound judgemental, since I'm not judging you, I just don't get it (Lego. I get like...action figures and stuff more cause it's closer to my own interests).

Oh my fucking drool.

800x600_7052_lego_ufo_abduction.jpg

It's worth getting that just for the farmer with the pitch fork!:D

Murr, I know. I saw it this morning and I was like "FARMER!"

Lego leaves me so...

I get the joke/fun of building stuff with it (and one day I want to build a giant thing with it), but buying the specific sets...? What do you do with them ReZ? Not trying to sound judgemental, since I'm not judging you, I just don't get it (Lego. I get like...action figures and stuff more cause it's closer to my own interests).

I tend to display it for a bit and then take it down, (obviously due to living situation). When we're out I will display some and dismantle some to make stuns (Megazord, Massive Ice Planet 2002 star cruiser, etc)

I get the joke/fun of building stuff with it

Well, I think this is the deal about it. Not just building from your own imagination, but building and seeing all these amazing models from all these different universes, even known franchises like Star Wars, Indiana Jones etc. The fact that you can break them all down to the same beautifully simple components. It's the beauty of creation.

If you're not fascinated by that aspect of it, it's no wonder you're a bit "..." about Lego, since that is pretty much the alpha and omega of Lego. :)

You seriously bumped a thread that hasn't been used in 5 years, instead of just starting one!!

God I was just surprised to actually see a thread that I had posted in still on the first page

I like lego, and think its awesome and all that, but I just couldn't justify the space needed to store it!

http://www.thebricklife.com/lego-super-star-destroyer-10221-executor/

The Lego Super Star Destroyer 10221, otherwise known as Darth Vader’s Star Destroyer, or simply The Executor was announced as the latest Lego Ultimate Collector Series model for 2011.

At 124.4 centimetres (50 inches) it is the longest Lego model ever and is made up of of 3,152 elements and weighs 3.5kg (8 pounds) – Better make some serious shelf space for this one!

Includes four minifigures: Darth Vader, Admiral Piett, Dengar and Bossk

Also includes IG-88 figure

Features over 3,000 pieces

Measures nearly 50 inches (124.5 cm) long and weighs nearly 8 pounds (3.5kg)

Includes display stand and data sheet label

Centre section lifts off to reveal command centre

Lego-Super-Star-Destroyer-10221-4.jpg

I love how expensive it is and how few minifigures you get (although...I know its not about the mini figures in these sets, but its the same for the "system" ones. Like the old Millenium Falcon had about 8 or 10 minifigs, and this one has 5. Despite MASSIVE...GARGANTUAN price escalation.

I bought this today. Love it.

7066giz.jpg

I recently relegated my Lego Star Wars from my shelf to the drawer under my bed.

Shit was a bit embarrassing to be honest.

:o But!!! :hmm:

I love how expensive it is and how few minifigures you get (although...I know its not about the mini figures in these sets, but its the same for the "system" ones.

Yeah, LEGO is way overpriced.

Is it where the Dane's get all their income?

I love how expensive it is and how few minifigures you get (although...I know its not about the mini figures in these sets, but its the same for the "system" ones. Like the old Millenium Falcon had about 8 or 10 minifigs, and this one has 5. Despite MASSIVE...GARGANTUAN price escalation.

[..]

If it’s just the minifigures you want.. Well, you can’t get the high profile figures like Darth Vader in a relatively cheap way, but Lego sells normal minifigures (not related to a specific theme) in sets and blind boxes:

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Leaf.aspx?cn=634&d=70

You can get low-profile themed minifigures by buying the cheap Lego sets, like this one:

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=8083&cn=634&d=70

If you don’t mind having a keychain attached to your minifigures (if, say, you want them as keychains! ;)), you can actually get the likes of Darth Vader:

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=3913&cn=472&d=322

I bought a Darth Vader keychain for my brother in a Lego shop in Köln.

Like all my other toys, all my Lego sets got a lot of abuse. I had some fantastic stuff as a kid, a train set, some Technic stuff etc. I’d build the sets, then after some time, destroy them and put the parts together in one general purpose bucket. I still have most of the booklets, so theoretically I could rebuild those sets, but a lot of parts went missing during the years etc.

A quick photo of the Lego sets which have survived my abuse and are still complete (but dusty) after all those years:

lego.jpg

The last thing I did with my collection of Lego parts, was to build some modular car system.. Thing. The chassis would be the same, but I had made different bodies for it. It’s somewhere in storage right now. My dream back then was to make a working Transformer out of Lego. If I ever get back into Lego (whenever I have the money and the space ;)), I’d like to make a big Lego city.

Anyway, after seeing this thread bumped, I decided to give the Lego designer another go, and you know what, it finally works! Although it’s not compatible with Windows aero, that’s annoying, but whatever. So I’m going to play with that ;).

Yeah, I'm talking about the high end SW ones and stuff, and just the exclusive ones in sets (two bloody measly ADU ~Alien Defence Unit~ troopers in that big set I got, and one scientist)

I like the LEGO Minifigures range. There is some awesome (if a little obscure) stuff in there. In the next set there is a man in a Lizard costume, and he will make a good Lizard (from Spider-Man) whereas people used Killer Croc as a proxy (still good, but to have a specific Lizard mask rocks) and other stuff.

On holiday, we discovered that you can easily tell the Musketeers apart from the other figures due to their uniquely shaped hat which is identifiable event through the foil, so I got a couple. Want to get some more and have a Musketeer-style-era ship when we move out. In fact we went into Argos last week, and they had a three-quarter full box but it didn't have a single one in. :(

AND

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES. I see Blacktron II on your shelf. The best theme. I adore that theme. I got the last (three?) "New" condition Blacktron large trans green window panels on Bricklink (LEGO Ebay) a couple of years ago, for use on my huge Blacktron II cruiser when we move out. This is one of my favourite ever (MOCs);

img_1937.jpg

img_1935.jpg

The cruiser looks cool, but how does it curve like that? I saw another curvy building on that MOC site, but I’d consider that cheating ;).

Didn’t know the name anymore, but googled it, this is the one:

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/6878_Sub_Orbital_Guardian

Released: 1991. Goddamn. That thing is 20 years old! I am old. :cry:.

I am not 100% certain, but I believe it is natural curvature which can be done over such a large area.

Its all about this;

682px-6832_Box.jpg

Oh man, I had that back in the day. Lego was so much simpler back then. :hehe:

That looks very impressive. It must have taken ages to build. :hehe:

Too bad he didn't have time to dress himself properly before taking the picture.