NEurope
Stocka

Football Season 2006/2007

As a Dutchman I'm rooting for the Reds. If they finally hand over the 10 million quid for Dirk Kuyt that is, this guy deserves to be playing Champions League and will easily play play Crouch out of the striker position.

I'm hoping Chelsea finally gets thrown off that arrogant throne they see themselves in, I hate the way they're trying to win football.

As a Dutchman I'm rooting for the Reds. If they finally hand over the 10 million quid for Dirk Kuyt that is, this guy deserves to be playing Champions League and will easily play play Crouch out of the striker position.

I'm hoping Chelsea finally gets thrown off that arrogant throne they see themselves in, I hate the way they're trying to win football.

Chelsea are more or less doing an England, and are essentially killing off any talent that comes to their club. They almost ruined Scott Parker's, Shawn Wright-Phillips and Cudicini's careers.

Plymouth Argyle manager Ian Holloway is looking forward to pitting his wits against the might of Real Madrid on 21 July after the Spanish giants agreed to play a friendly match in strange circumstances.

New Real coach Fabio Capello was desperate for his side to stay in Austria's Schloss Pichlarn Hotel, which Argyle had already booked, and agreed to play the match in return for exclusive use of the accommodation.

Holloway said: "Who are they to move us? I don't like it myself - we're Argyle, get out of our way! We'll leave something on a few of them and I don't think they'll like that too much."

----

:D

Can't wait for the new season to begin....

COME ON U GUNNERS!!!!

Hope we buy more players.

yeh I know, but we really don't need him. We've got Thierry Henry, Adebayor, Walcott coming through, Van Persie and reyes who can also play upfront.

We need more defensive minded midfielders as well as a centre back.

Yaya Toure and Curtis Davies for the win!!! And maybe even Appiah!

Saviola will be awesome. Adebayor isn't that good in my opinion, and I reckon we may see him warm the bench and leave after a season or two. Van Persie and Reyes can both play on the wings which doesn't rule them out. Neither of which have worked solidly as a good partner for Thierry. Saviola could be that man and for a bargain price. Yes please.

Yaya Toure. Yes

Curtis Davies. Don't think he's good enough, yet, for his price tag. Rumours are we're going to bid 10mil.

Appiah. No thanks.

Tomorrow is the day Red Members can buy Dennis Bergkamp testimonial tickets. I'm going to be up early, to try and get two tickets. But they are on short supply, I hope to god I get one.

I think we should all take some time out to think about all the poor Barnsley fans who are going to see their team do unbelievably poorly after losing 2 of their best players and signing 1 18 year old scarborourgh reject.

In lighter news Wednesday signed Folly today, transfer listed Glenn Whelan and are back in the race to sign Carson who is awesome.

I'm about to apply for a red membership for Arsenal. Hopefully I'll be able to go to the awesome Emirates stadium this season....I never got to go to Highbury.

Also my mate has got a season ticket, and he told me that when he aint able to make it to games then he will offer his season ticket to me...YAY!! I'll finally be able to see Arsenal play!!!!

P.S I do hope Adebayor is left on the bench next season but Wenger prefers him to Van Persie....no idea why.

Also my mate has got a season ticket, and he told me that when he aint able to make it to games then he will offer his season ticket to me...YAY!! I'll finally be able to see Arsenal play!!!!

Not saying don't do it, but be careful when borrowing memberships/season tickets. Arsenal don't really like it. But they never checked my membership the few times I went to Highbury.

That thread name is a little bit ambiguous. I was fooled by it (i was not, just here to piss a little).

I suggest changing the name to England's Football Season 2006/2007 because there's dozens of Football Seasons in Europe.

its not just for englands leagues though. Scotlands mentioned quite a bit and theres not really a great deal of people dicussing the other leagues anyway.

Also can't you just upgrade the season ticket at Arsenals ticket office if someone else is using it I know my Uncles gone to a few matches because of this at Wednesday.

Also can't you just upgrade the season ticket at Arsenals ticket office if someone else is using it I know my Uncles gone to a few matches because of this at Wednesday.

Don't know what you mean by upgrade. But Arsenal have always said, the name on the membership/season ticket should be the person attending the match.

We doing a fantasy footie league again this year chaps ?

Hell yes we are! it's already open for team selection again!

I'm going to the first match at the Emirates Stadium!! Just bought a ticket for me and my bro to see the Dennis Bergkamp testimonial on the 22nd. I'm so hyped.

The sad part is, I barely slept last night because I was so anxious to secure a ticket. And then when ordering, the server was slow and it kept putting me in a queue. I was so scared I wouldn't get one.

So hyped now though.

In the last couple of days I've been reading so many reports about Villa players leaving.

Ulises De La Cruz has been released

Mark Delaney is probably going to Blackburn.

Peter Whittingham could be going to Wolves for £500,000

Gareth Barry could be going to Portsmouth, although O'Leary doesn't want to sell him.

Lee Hendrie could be leaving.

Milan Baros could be going to Hamburg.

And O'Leary has plans to send Angel to Newcastle in a switch deal with James Milner.

All we've bought in are two Swedish 16-year old twins from some club. (Not that kind of twins, these are male twins)

What do you think of new Villa strips? Saw them on Sky Sports News about 10 mins.

What do you think of new Villa strips? Saw them on Sky Sports News about 10 mins.

I've just seen them when I went onto avfc.co.uk, they're better than the away kit but I like the badge in the middle on the away kit. Although I prefer last season's shirt so I might not get this season's shirt. Maybe I'll get a Real Madrid away shirt instead.

They're also selling new casual shirts based on old Villa shirts the last time Hummel were the kit makers, these shirts have the old circular Villa badge and IMO they look nice.

Villa's new sponsor looks rubbish on their shirt. Not as bad as Blackburn and Leeds though:

leedshome2mf.jpg

blackburnhomeandaway7ol.jpg

How long until everyone is sponsored by a gambling firm?

Villa's new sponsor looks rubbish on their shirt. Not as bad as Blackburn and Leeds though:

leedshome2mf.jpg

blackburnhomeandaway7ol.jpg

How long until everyone is sponsored by a gambling firm?

Won't be long until then.

I think AC Milan's new sponsor is betandwin.com, or so I've heard.

They've probably lost big sponsor names because of the scandal.

The word GASH springs to mind for those sponsor logos, still not as bad a sheff weds old Chuppa Chups sponsor.

The word GASH springs to mind for those sponsor logos, still not as bad a sheff weds old Chuppa Chups sponsor.

All these shirts aren't any good. But nothing compares to this monstrosity of 10 years ago:

19956rh.jpg

Very 1990's.

Tottenham are officially mental. At the end of last season we had Carrick, Jenas, Murphy, Ghaly, Davids, Tainio and Huddlestone.

So we buy Zokora. And now we want Nolan. I love big Martin, but he seems to love to buy central midfielders like they'll all die out soon.

IMO, buying Zokora will mean Carrick'll want to go to Man Utd (which would piss me off greatly). So, we should sell Ghaly (never proven, never played) and Jenas (never made a real impact) and possibly Tainio who never really impressed me. Huddlestone could be loaned out again (really good prospect) and Davids'll retire soon anyway. Then, maybe we could buy Nolan when we really need him.

Ahem.