NEurope
Stocka

Football Season 2006/2007

What's Kaka got to do with it?

absolutely nothing, when did he get an award?

kaka was without doubt the star of the champions league this season, but when you compare how ronaldo and kaka both performed in there respective domestic leagues - ronaldo played over the course of the season better and seeing as the premiership is a harder league to play in then serie a, thats an achievement...

i dont think you can really seperate either player at this time, as they both have completely different roles on the pitch... both two of the greatest players in the world though, no doubt... the only reason you put kaka above ronaldo, is because your a liverpool fan - we all know you dont watch the italian league now dont we m8 ;)

I'm sorry how exactly is EPL harder than Serie A?

and to say Ronaldo is better than Kaka' is an absolute joke

Arsenal Away

929257106.gif

Thats quite nice. But I can't help but think its fake, I swear the numbers on the back are the old numbering. The Premier League have just launched a new style of shirt printing, and I hope to god we don't get dirty gold numbers on a white shirt. Just doesn't look right at all.

kaka was without doubt the star of the champions league this season, but when you compare how ronaldo and kaka both performed in there respective domestic leagues - ronaldo played over the course of the season better and seeing as the premiership is a harder league to play in then serie a, thats an achievement...

i dont think you can really seperate either player at this time, as they both have completely different roles on the pitch... both two of the greatest players in the world though, no doubt... the only reason you put kaka above ronaldo, is because your a liverpool fan - we all know you dont watch the italian league now dont we m8 ;)

And because your a Man Utd fan you rate Ronaldo higher.. So similar situation tbh.

That Video is absolutely awesome, I can't stop singing it

Also look at these Man Utd fans taking it all seriously Calm Down Boys!, jesus it's a song and it is deffinatly up for debate wether we do or not have the best midfield in the world.

But a Midfield Consisting of Xabi Alonso, Momo Sissoko, Gerrard and Mascheranoooooooooooooooooooooooooo Isn't a bad one, and for that midfield to get into the CL Final, we have a perfectly legitimate claim to say that we do indeed have the best midfield in the world

Anyway, about this Kaka v Ronaldo thing, Kaka is absolutely Tremendous. as is Ronaldo and they are both joys to watch, However to be-little Kaka for playing in Italy is ignorant , also Ronaldo is a horrible snide cheating bastard, despite his obvious talents.

However as for the best midfielder in the world, thats a tough one and I don't think I can answer that but when Gerrard plays in CM there is no one who even touches him.

Lol, no I've known it for ages. But I did get it off the telly at some point, you're right. Quite an amazing little fact though, isn't it? I bet, when he was playing for Welling United, if you told him one day he'd be a Champions League winner and will represent his country in the world cup, he'd have laughed at you.

Yeah same here, He is an excellent player and deserves everything he gets, if we do indeed get Dani Alves I hope he stays because he is awesome and important to our Premiership Challenging Credentials

The Epl is better then Serie A nowadays sadly. It used to be awesome but it has faded away over the last 3-4 years. Although with Juve and hopefully Napoli back in Serie A next year it should bring back some competition. Can't be arsed to get into the Ronaldo Kaka debate. But although both excellent players I would rather have Kaka in my side.

La Liga is still the best league imo of course.

The Epl is better then Serie A nowadays sadly. It used to be awesome but it has faded away over the last 3-4 years. Although with Juve and hopefully Napoli back in Serie A next year it should bring back some competition. Can't be arsed to get into the Ronaldo Kaka debate. But although both excellent players I would rather have Kaka in my side.

La Liga is still the best league imo of course.

I agree totally, What with all the corruption in Italy, and Yes La Liga is still the best 3 Teams can still win it, it's crazy

Serie A was great back when you could get up on a Saturday morning and switch on Gazetta Football Italia! Whenever it went off Channel 4, I totally lost track of everything..

Serie A was great back when you could get up on a Saturday morning and switch on Gazetta Football Italia! Whenever it went off Channel 4, I totally lost track of everything..

All I remember about Football Italia on C4 was right at the end of the entrace it went.

GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLL LAAAAZZZIO!!!

I miss Football Italia. There is a new show on, but it's aired in the early hours of the morning, which I can handle, but they keep switching the time slots.

Serie A is still great though, it's nice to watch teams that can hold on to the ball for more than 10 seconds.

All I remember about Football Italia on C4 was right at the end of the entrace it went.

I have such fond memories of that intro XD

Oh, and it's not Lazio(merda). From the Guardian:

SETTLING THE GREAT FOOTBALL ITALIA DEBATE

"With Bravo's Football Italia featuring the classic opening credits, as it originally did on Channel 4, complete with shouts of 'Gol, lazoo ...' or something, can anyone clarify what is actually shouted at the end of the music, and what does it mean in English?" asks Andy Beill.

Many thanks, bizarrely, to the British Council's website for scotching the theories of those claiming it had something to do with Gazza's arrival at Lazio, and divulging the real answer: "When Channel 4 televised live Italian football in the 1990s the opening credits had a typical piece of Italian commentary exclaiming 'Golaccio!!!'" it notes. "Interestingly, although this phrase sounds Italian it isn't. It actually comes from a kind of folk memory of what Latin commentators sound like. Programme makers Chrysalis reveal that the man who wrote the theme music, Steve Duberry, 'sort of imagined it from a phantom Brazilian/Italian memory' and recorded it as part of the music. If you had to translate it, it would be something like 'goaltastic!'."

Tim Galimberti-Small mails in from Milan to add: "As any Italian will tell you, it comes from Jose Altafini, Brazilian ex-player-now-commentator, who is famous in Italy for using Spanish/Brazilian words in his live commentaries to games. His uttering has become somewhat of an ironic idiomatic expression in Italy, to be uttered when a truly spectacular "Brazilian-looking" goal is scored. I believe it was actually his voice in that tune."

But while 'Golaccio' might not be promoted by Italian language purists, Guillermo Pérez Carazo mails in from Madrid to contend: "Actually it's a Spanish word. It's the result of fixing the augmentative termination '-azo' (which means 'massive') to the word 'gol', the Spanish fashion of writing and saying the English 'goal'. So, the meaning of 'golazo' would be 'great goal', and it's naturally and often said by pundits and fans when they get impressed by a goal (something like 'oh, what a goal, man!')."

I miss Football Italia. There is a new show on, but it's aired in the early hours of the morning, which I can handle, but they keep switching the time slots.

Do you mean Goalissimo? I have caught part of that on a Saturday morning before going out to work some weeks. It goes through a lot of leagues all over the world.. doesn't hold a torch to Football Italia though.. and James Richardson

gazzetta-football-italia-34706.jpg

Someone has to find a sound clip of the intro though.. or, even better, a video..

Serie A is still very good. I have enjoyed this season loads.

I have Setanta Sports so I been watching Serie A all season. The corruption has not effected the quality of the games at all. It wasnt the players fault and they have just got on with things. Yeah Inter were dominant but the EPL for the last 5 season has only seen 2 horse races. Some seasons just a 1horse race!

Inter have just been awesome. Even if Milan never had point reduction they would of been way off. next season should be great with Juve back. Fiorentina gonna find it difficult without Luca Toni, Roma and Milan should be stronger.

Inter have just been awesome. Even if Milan never had point reduction they would of been way off.

Isn't that just because a lot of the 'big players' from Juve etc. went to Inter as they didn't want to be playing in Serie B? I don't know the facts, I'm making a totally uninformed guess.. sorry if I'm incredibly wrong.

Aston Villa Home

AVFCshirt.jpg

That's not the real one. That's a design from someone off avfcblog.com, just been on there and found out.

Birmingham Home

0,,10412~3277029,00.jpg

Every season their kit gets worse and worse. That is their "classic" penguin kit.

---

Villa will be playing a pre-season friendly against Inter Milan on Aug 4. Memories of when we last beat them have just come flooding back.

Every season their kit gets worse and worse. That is their "classic" penguin kit.

..you can see the guy is thinking "are you serious?"

..you can see the guy is thinking "are you serious?"

That's Fabrice Muamba, I reckon he's thinking "I left Arsenal for THIS!"

Have It on Good Authority that Liverpool's New Stadium is going to start sooner rather than later

American Architects and Builders have flown in to Liverpool to meet with London Artchitects. The Americans will do their own tests on the soil etc to give their opinions.

The Following is from A New York Red who has not been wrong in reguards to the stadiums progress before, he posts on a site my father CO-Owns YNWA.TV...

Here's the deal right now from what I can gather. I wrote it briefly last night when I had the time but I'll expand on it a little now.

The stadium presently is at 61,000 with 1,000 of those seats being for buffer zones between fans.

The negotiations will shortly be under way to increase the capacity to 68,000 (same buffers) all within the present footprint which has been approved. The 7,000 extra seats will be added on the sides.

The design of the stadium will allow expension for up to 80,000 though 76,000 is a more likely number. My conjecture is that these will be added seats in the ends, so we will have pretty much the finished product on the sidelines.

During construction and after the opening, an ongoing environmental impact statement will be put together to hammer out the details of the increased capacity. It won't be easy. My guess is that Tom and George will have to foot the bill for quite a lot of infrastrcuture improvements as part of any deal.

My analogy with the Bombanera was my own, and probably a bit misleading. The bottom line is that this stadium will be a very high one, much higher than what we are used to at Anfield. But, I don't think it will architecturally be like the Bombanera. The triple stand and the steepness of the stands will probably be impossible to create in Liverpool. Safety restrictions won't allow it. Honestly, that Argie stadium may have great atmosphere but it looks like a death trap to me.

Look for an emphasis on the club seats and the luxury boxes. They are the driving force for making the place an economic success. In effect, they'll subsidize the rest of the stadium. They are also a pet favourite of our owners and the experts in the background.

A team will be heading over tomorrow to get the ball rolling on things. The financing plan isn't finalized yet, but there are two teams in the picture for it.

The design will incorporate an increase to 76,000 minimum, possibly as much as 80,000. Planning for this will be hammered out over the next five years.

However A rather un-reliable report from a new poster on RAWK states

Watch this space...I have a mate who is a project manager working closely on the design of the new stadium. An announcement will be made this week (or next) that the capacity will be 76,000. The yanks aren't bothered by costs, as it has already risen to £350 million, their just throwing money at it.

It's gonna have them under-ground bunkers that were mentioned before, but they won't rise up into the stadium.

He's a Villa fan, so with no bias, he says it's going to be the best stadium in the world!!!!

You Don't happen to know anything do you "The Villian" ;)

You Don't happen to know anything do you "The Villian" ;)

A Villa fan, saying a stadium other than Villa Park is the "best stadium in the world"? Now that's just not right! :nono:

A Villa fan, saying a stadium other than Villa Park is the "best stadium in the world"? Now that's just not right! :nono:

I Know, Besides We all know the Greatest Football Stadium Is This..

leigh006.jpg

Went there last season to see a game, an absolute pit it is, the toilets are outside for god's sake and the walls are just yellow stained Urine!

The best compliment I can pay it however is, the toilets in the away end of "Woodison aka Goodison" Are not much Kip Either!

Isn't that just because a lot of the 'big players' from Juve etc. went to Inter as they didn't want to be playing in Serie B? I don't know the facts, I'm making a totally uninformed guess.. sorry if I'm incredibly wrong.

Well yeah Inter got Ibrahimovic and Viera. Inter purchased the right players last summer. now they need to make an impression in the Champions League.

Isn't it GOALISSIMO? Well that's what Italian commentators shout when someone scores or is it spanish? I'm not sure.

However I remember it sounding like Goal Lazio when I was younger like yourself and always used to think it had something to do with Lazio but I guess not :heh:

Isn't it GOALISSIMO? Well that's what Italian commentators shout when someone scores or is it spanish? I'm not sure.

However I remember it sounding like Goal Lazio when I was younger like yourself and always used to think it had something to do with Lazio but I guess not :heh:

Thats what I thought! When I was younger we used to listen to virgin on saturday and everytime somone scored, that noise would go off, sometimes it just kept going off 2 maybe even 3 times! It was awesome.

Also wasnt it one of the sounds on fifa 94 or so on the mega drive?

When you used to score you could press A, B or C and each made a sound. One was wisltes, one fireworks and one im sure was GOOOALLLLL LAZIO! hehe :heh:

Also wasnt it one of the sounds on fifa 94 or so on the mega drive?

When you used to score you could press A, B or C and each made a sound. One was wisltes, one fireworks and one im sure was GOOOALLLLL LAZIO! hehe :heh:

I remember Sega Soccer had like 1 sound, and it was 'GOOOALLLLL!'. Happened when you put the game on or when you scored. So awesome.