NEurope
Stocka

Football Season 2006/2007

Just checked Maloney's stats: He won the Player Of The Year and Young Player Of The Year in the same year. He must be good to accomplish that. :shock:

meh lets see what happens when hes not playing in an amateur league ;)

Just checked Maloney's stats: He won the Player Of The Year and Young Player Of The Year in the same year. He must be good to accomplish that. :shock:

He's nothing special tbh, he has his moments of excellence and then the rest of the time he doesn't do anything but that may be because Strachan usually played him down the left flank rather than upfront.

O'Neill was right, Maloney isn't good enough to play for Celtic, but that doesn't mean he's not good enough to for Villa. :heh:

Celtic got Hartley last night as well, very good buy for £1.1 million.

meh lets see what happens when hes not playing in an amateur league

*looks at the talk about Larsson over the last few pages*

Lita scored some great goals.

United vs Tottenham in 10 minutes. Come on Carrick get a goal against your former side.

LITA is quality

watching the MU game now

i dont understand how ronaldo could miss from 3 yards

this match is really frustrating to watch. mainly because spurs are dominating

God that miss was frustrating. That first penalty appeal was a must, I couldnt believe it wasnt given. Ronaldo's penalty wasnt so much a penalty, very minimal contact.

It isnt an exciting game. Hope the second half will be better.

God that miss was frustrating. That first penalty appeal was a must, I couldnt believe it wasnt given. Ronaldo's penalty wasnt so much a penalty, very minimal contact.

It isnt an exciting game. Hope the second half will be better.

yeah i agree with you. ronaldo's penalty was brilliant, but was it a foul? no.

ah well, we'll take it anyway.

spurs were really dominating in the first half, lets hope there's a change in the 2nd.

There seems to be a lot of friction between the sides as well. there have been a few yellows, some deservedly so, some not (larsson, vidic. neville probably deserved his). reasons for the heat: crap ref and a couple of dodgy tackles

the problem with the ref is that hes incompetant, is influenced by the crowd, and the only reason he gave ronaldos penalty was because he shouldve given the first one against larsson, and because the MU players were annoyed

VIDIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SCHOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rooney came really close.

petrov too

dont like his diving though.

its been a good second half so far!

oshea is going in goal for the last 10 mins! we may not keep a clean sheet - which will cost me in fantasy football because i have van der sar in goal!

haha! oshea makes a good tackle when spurs are 1 on 1! lol - he diidnt have a clue what he was doing! he was out of his box, couldnt use his hands, so resorts to a slide tackle! hehe

MANU 4 - 0 TOTTENHAM

O'shea is a hero. Had to go in goal and then one on one with Keane and he wins.

4-0 is a pretty good result away to spurs aswell.

That one on one with Keane was a laugh. Doing his defence duties there. The 3 goals were well deserved and well played, not the penalty. Penalties don't prove anything imo. Just a waste of time, anyone can go down in the box and get a penalty, changing the game.

Tottenham dominated most of the first half. I was worried/annoyed. The ref was giving nothing for United but all fouls against them. The ref annoyed the hell out of me.

Hope Van de Sar is alright though. It looked like he had just hit his head and just got knocked out, then he was all groggy thought it was like Cech. Then his nose was bleeding I thought he had broken his nose.

A bit strange how Liverpool and Arsenal both draw and there are no gunners or liverpool fans to post in here for days. :heh:

Anyway, England international tonight. Ben Foster is in goal. :)

2-1 is my prediction. 2-1 to spain that is and more pressure on fan friendly Mclaren.

The England lineup tonight is pretty good, until you look at the striker selection. Sorry, I just don't think Peter Crouch is good enough to be a lone striker. He's gone down the pecking order for Liverpool as it is, with Bellamy and Kuyt forming quite a solid partnership.

The England lineup tonight is pretty good, until you look at the striker selection. Sorry, I just don't think Peter Crouch is good enough to be a lone striker. He's gone down the pecking order for Liverpool as it is, with Bellamy and Kuyt forming quite a solid partnership.

No, no it isnt, Phil Neville at left back, Lampard at left midfield SWP even on the pitch NO NO NO NO NO MCCLAREN OUT :mad:

im not watching it anyway.

No, no it isnt, Phil Neville at left back, Lampard at left midfield SWP even on the pitch NO NO NO NO NO MCCLAREN OUT :mad:

im not watching it anyway.

Well, I haven't got that much of a problem with where Phil Neville is, but I do agree about Lampard and SWP.

You never know, it might work out. Or, they'll get hammered 6-0 or something. Either way, good viewing pour moi. :D

I hate it when Crouch is up front on his own, he cant do it for Liverpool and definately not for England. He needs a strike partner up there he can work with.

I'm gonna watch it to see how they play under the new manager. With Foster in goal aswell. I havnt seen him play.

I agree with the lone striker, silly desicion. I dont see how some people play a lone striker. It must be one of the worst formations. What can he do by himself. Plus I think Crouch is a bit slow, he may have quick feet and height, but that will only help him on some occasions. Imagine Lita and Rooney up front....

2 Minutes into the game, and I cannot believe my eyes.

England are...attacking?!

Well, I haven't got that much of a problem with where Phil Neville is, but I do agree about Lampard and SWP.

I question the point in playing someone in his 30s out of position when we could have given someone like Leighton Baines a go at left back. Lets be honest by the time Euro2008 comes around Phil Nevilles not going to be in the team.

I also dont understand why we cant play someone who is actualy left footed (Gareth Barry) you know on the left.

I question the point in playing someone in his 30s out of position when we could have given someone like Leighton Baines a go at left back. Lets be honest by the time Euro2008 comes around Phil Nevilles not going to be in the team.

I also dont understand why we cant play someone who is actualy left footed (Gareth Barry) you know on the left.

Him and Erikson have made some bizarre decisions, but maybe McClaren will learn.

I was a bit surprised that Phil Neville was in the team, to be honest. But, he's having a pretty decent season for Everton, so maybe it was a deserved call up. But, as you said, out of position.

Haha, now I know I had a right to be shocked when I saw England were attacking. That was it. They attacked in the first five minutes, then didn't bother in the rest of the match.

Quite possibly one of the worst games I have ever seen. I can't remember the last time I have cringed that much at a football match.

Totally expected this, and I can do nothing but laugh :laughing:

Glad i'm not a proper England fan like I use to be.

One of the only matches I have nearly felt asleep watching.I felt my glass of pepsi nearly falling over, that was the only thing that kept me awake.

Really poor game.