NEurope
Stocka

Football Season 2006/2007

Did anyone see the Sevilla vs Barcelona match last night. I turned on at about the 15th minute and turned off at about the 45th. What I saw Barca were too slow to be any threat (although they did seem to get a sense of urgency towards the end).

On another note: I can't see why teams can't make transfers throughout the season. Could somebody please enlighten me as to why this is?

On another note: I can't see why teams can't make transfers throughout the season. Could somebody please enlighten me as to why this is?

I don't know the true reason behind it, but it could be so deals aren't drawn out to much and done as swiftly as possible. Teams like Real Madrid will unsettle players and then just keep putting it off. And then half way through a season you could get players becoming upset and wanting to leave.

It also stops teams buying when ever they want to improve the squad at any time. And its not fair if say teams like chelsea, who might not be top at the time and just go out and buy a new squad to win the league.

Did anyone see the Sevilla vs Barcelona match last night. I turned on at about the 15th minute and turned off at about the 45th. What I saw Barca were too slow to be any threat (although they did seem to get a sense of urgency towards the end).

Every league has always had a transfer window. In England it always used to be from July to March. But other leagues had there transfer window at different times. Spain was June to September and Then January to April for example. UEFA decided that it would be easier if every league could conduct transfers at the same time. I imagine to strealine the transfer system and registering players is a lot easier because you know when the players can be brought and sold etc. The leagues bellow the premiership got a 3 year reprise when it was first introduced because ITV digital left them financialy crippled. This ended last year so now the transfer window is in force in every league that is part of UEFA I believe

Leaving for the midlands in ten minutes - doubt we'll win, but hopefully we'll take over a few villa pubs like last time :D

If you're at villa park and you see some short arse obnoxious bearded **** giving you some shit, gimme a wave x

We need to play Derby every week :D 4-1 \o/\o/\o/

Edit: 4-3 now. Hold on you bastards.

Leaving for the midlands in ten minutes - doubt we'll win, but hopefully we'll take over a few villa pubs like last time :D

If you're at villa park and you see some short arse obnoxious bearded **** giving you some shit, gimme a wave x

I've become more optimistic that we'll win tomorrow. I wasn't so sure about it this week but all the pundits are saying we'll win.

Martin O'Neill says he is not the messiah for Villa, that's Randy Lerner.

Frig, they both are. :kiss:

In other news

Cardiff City 2-0 Birmingham City :yay:

Celtic 2-1 Hibernian :yay:

Peterhead 0-4 Greenock Morton :yay:

That Thatcher challenge on Pedro Mendes is disgusting. That fucking bastard.

Do we have a video of it somewhere?

Someone should youtube it (me Im too lazy). It was pretty bad but I've seen (and done) worse.

No premiership football for a whole week!!!

I don't care about these qualifiers!!! We've just had the WC FFS!!!!!

Well, we were crap against villa, almost as crap as their almost permanently silent fans were - The ones who turned up anyway, thousands of villans had apparently decided to take a traditional bank holiday trip to B&Q instead leading to chants of "They're here, they're there, they're every-****in'-where, empty seats, empty seats", "You couldn't sell all your tickets", the traditional reminder that "Your support is ****ing ****" and of course the sarcastic "Woooooo!" noises and applause when the commentator proudly read out the attendance of 34k. :D

Had a cracking weekend anyway, apparently I was on match of the day after their second goal saying something like "Go away Angel" and "I believe you could have done better in that sitation Babayaro, you are not very good". Birmingham is a right dive, although they've cornered the market in Churches, they're bloody everywhere! For the most part it looked like someone had designed it on an etch-a-sketch, the only exceptions being a chinese quarter, a mosque and some abomination which had been modeled on a lump of bluetack with drawing pins stuck all over it (We got a grand tour because loads of the trains were off and the replacement bus drivers didn't seem to have much of a clue where they were going - at least when we finally got somewhere with trains we blagged our way into first class simply because I don't think any of the staff wanted to tell us to move - not even after my genuinely ill mate had chundered everywhere)

Had a cracking weekend anyway, apparently I was on match of the day after their second goal saying something like "Go away Angel" and "I believe you could have done better in that sitation Babayaro, you are not very good"

That's way too polite for my liking. Football matches bring the worst out of my mouth.

That's way too polite for my liking. Football matches bring the worst out of my mouth.

That's why I said "Something like" :laughing:

Well, we were crap against villa, almost as crap as their almost permanently silent fans were - The ones who turned up anyway, thousands of villans had apparently decided to take a traditional bank holiday trip to B&Q instead leading to chants of "They're here, they're there, they're every-****in'-where, empty seats, empty seats", "You couldn't sell all your tickets", the traditional reminder that "Your support is ****ing ****" and of course the sarcastic "Woooooo!" noises and applause when the commentator proudly read out the attendance of 34k. :D

Had a cracking weekend anyway, apparently I was on match of the day after their second goal saying something like "Go away Angel" and "I believe you could have done better in that sitation Babayaro, you are not very good". Birmingham is a right dive, although they've cornered the market in Churches, they're bloody everywhere! For the most part it looked like someone had designed it on an etch-a-sketch, the only exceptions being a chinese quarter, a mosque and some abomination which had been modeled on a lump of bluetack with drawing pins stuck all over it (We got a grand tour because loads of the trains were off and the replacement bus drivers didn't seem to have much of a clue where they were going - at least when we finally got somewhere with trains we blagged our way into first class simply because I don't think any of the staff wanted to tell us to move - not even after my genuinely ill mate had chundered everywhere)

Does the term "Sore Loser" come into place? Or, "We Wuz Robbed!"

I don't remember the Villa fans being silent. They never are. What in the name of Gordon Cowans?

Anyway, you're right about Birmingham being a "dive", as you geordie folk might say (We call it a f*cking shithole), that's why I moved away from there. But it's not all doom & gloom in these here areas. Take a trip to Sutton Coldfield and look at all the posh houses and everything. This is a nice area. I kid you not. :hehe:

I'm guessing the "abomination" you mentioned is the Bull Ring? You should have seen it before, kah, nothing but gravel everywhere. It needed sprucing up.

I'm not being a sore loser at all and I've certainly not said we were robbed! I said immediately we were shit, we didn't deserve to win and I've not accused you of cheating or anything - I'm just pointing out your fans truly are abysmal, even when you're winning. :D

Did you go along or go and get a new patio? ;)

I'm not being a sore loser at all and I've certainly not said we were robbed - I said immediately we were shit, we didn't deserve to win and I've not accused you of cheating or anything - I'm just pointing out your fans truly are abysmal, even when you're winning. :D

Did you go along or go and get a new patio? ;)

Reason for the empty seats: Sunday Service. Have you ever heard of the Villa Cross Wesleyan Chapel?

Oh, and yes. I did get a new patio. It's crazy paving for my back garden. But I haven't laid it down yet.

We must all be godless heretics up norf then :D The Geordies were jolly nice about the lack of passion from the villans mind, we even offered to sing a song for you ;)

We must all be godless heretics up norf then :D The Geordies were jolly nice about the lack of passion from the villans mind, we even offered to sing a song for you ;)

Nah, they were awestruck about the huge transformation O'Neill has done to the club. :shock:

Angel, scoring two in two games. It's enough to make a die-hard Villa fan faint.

We were linked with him pre-season for some daft fee like £1m, although I think that was before you had someone with half a clue in charge of the club. The villa fans are usally canny to be honest, mix with them in the pubs and trains with nee bother. Some villa bloke was warning us to take our toon tops off before going on the lash cos he didn't want us to get any bother but it was fine anyway.

We were linked with him pre-season for some daft fee like £1m, although I think that was before you had someone with half a clue in charge of the club. The villa fans are usally canny to be honest, mix with them in the pubs and trains with nee bother. Some villa bloke was warning us to take our toon tops off before going on the lash cos he didn't want us to get any bother but it was fine anyway.

The bluenoses would've probably just thrown bottles at you, and I don't mean Newcastle Brown Ale bottles, and they would've told you to "eff off back to Geordieland and beat up your wives." But, why in the name of Jackie Milburn would you ever want to go to Small Heath. That's the worst part of Birmingham.

Anyway, In truth it is amazing what O'Neill has done. On the Villa website players like Angel, Barry etc. were all saying they were going to leave Villa if O'Leary was still manager. But they're both staying. :yay:

Also, it seems likely Petrov will join Villa before Friday, as Harry Redknapp has admitted defeat. Plus, Didier Agathe will play for the Villa reserves tonight against Reading reserves.

Before the season I had a £5 bet with my friend that Newcastle would finish above Man U. I wonder what odds I would get at the bookies?