NEurope
Stocka

Football Season 2006/2007

Yes the World Cup isn't over till July 9th but just now the premiership fixtures for next season have been released, so it's a good time to start the thread.

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=396674&CPID=8&clid=3&lid=4161&title=Premiership+fixtures+released

First game at the Emirates Stadium is Aston Villa! And our last home game of the season Chelsea! How crucial could that be?

Yes the World Cup isn't over till July 9th but just now the premiership fixtures for next season have been released, so it's a good time to start the thread.

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=396674&CPID=8&clid=3&lid=4161&title=Premiership+fixtures+released

First game at the Emirates Stadium is Aston Villa! And our last home game of the season Chelsea! How crucial could that be?

1. I was planning to start this thread up on July 9th

2. Arsenal first? At home? Oh fucking hell. Where's a takeover when you need one, eh?

Okay, thanks for telling us that, Stocka. Now, I practically hate you, until after 19th August, that is.

I bet tickets to the opening game at the Emirates Stadium will be like gold dust.

Still, the first team to play the first ever Premiership match at Ashburton Grove, in a way, it's an honour. And in another way, it's a fucking nightmare!

My local team Reading have a perfect first match against Boro.

I still find it ridiulous that Southgate has been made manager. I mean he's a good defender granted, but how does that make him a good manager? He's never before been involved in a management type role before FFS.

And plus I still think it'd be odd for the players being commanded around or dropped to the bench by a former teammate.

Personally, I think Boro are going to bomb this season. As will Reading, who I think have become too adapted to Championship football, just like Sunderland were. But nonetheless, come on Reading! Leroy! Leroy! Leroy! :p

Personally, I think Boro are going to bomb this season.

Not as much as Villa, though. Who I feel will probably be relegated this coming season. We've been going downhill since John Gregory quit as gaffer and the bottom is coming ever closer.

Not as much as Villa, though. Who I feel will probably be relegated this coming season. We've been going downhill since John Gregory quit as gaffer and the bottom is coming ever closer.

What happend to the sacking of O'Leary? Why didn't that happen? He was complete gash all of last season, as was Baros. Me thinks you need a good out and out goalscorer, someone like A.Johnson who gets goals regardless. Seeing as he's gone, I see maybe Carton Cole, would be a cheap young English buy. Or maybe some Championship striker, like a Darren Bent type.

All your strikers, Angel, Baros, Moore (good in one game only I remember) Phillips (probaby your best striker last season, but still was injured+didn't score enough) were pretty poor.

Anyways, that's what I think, but I'm not a big Villa follower.

O'Leary's staying, end of. But hopefully for one more season. Deadly Doug doesn't keep managers for 5 years.

We do need a consistent goalscorer. We thought Angel was until the 2004/2005 season. That's why O'Leary got Baros and Phillips. But since they arrived they've been getting injured and being inconsistent. Luke Moore still needs to develop, he is only 20 years old. And the same applies for our new youngster Gabriel Agbonlahor. Who was superb in the reserves.

I think we might need another striker, an experienced one at that, but I don't know who we could turn to for that.

And the same applies for our new youngster Gabriel Agbonlahor. Who was superb in the reserves.

Yet not very good for us. Anyway I see Sheffield United have got Liverpool as there first match and heres hoping for a new all time low points recoerd from them this season.

I still find it ridiulous that Southgate has been made manager. I mean he's a good defender granted, but how does that make him a good manager? He's never before been involved in a management type role before FFS.

If his management is as bad as his commentating..my god.

And for those of us that follow a team in the Championship here is the first days fixtures:

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=397278&CPID=10&clid=37&lid=4&title=Championship+fixtures+2006/2007

Leeds host Norwich City.

Should be a grand opener for the new season for us. If Blackwell can bring in a left back and a top quality striker I think we will definitley be back up with all you "Big Boys" next season.

*mutters under breath* damn you wankers at Watford.......

Your going to get beaten on opening day. Never underestimte the power of Norwich City. We need a quality striker to go with Earnsahw and maybe that Luton midfielder we've been after. And a centre back... and a full back.

Oh **** it. I've already resigned us to mid-table with that clown in charge.

*mutters under breath* damn you wankers at Watford.......

We the 'Orns! We the 'Orns! We the 'Orns! We the 'Orns!

^_^

Oh **** it. I've already resigned us to mid-table with that clown in charge.

Worthy is not the problem. The problem is the shit players he buys like Simon Charlton, Jason Jarett and Craig Fleming.

Good first match for us gooners. Can't wait to see the Emirates stadium....its gonna be AMAZING!!!

Our new kit looks much better then I thought as well.

Oxford in the conference... :'( me very depressed, I dont think I can get myself to go to away games anymore...

But you're all into premiership I bet (as am I) so heres my predictions for the upcoming season.

- Reading to finish in top half

- Aston Villa (if not Fulham), Watford and Sheffield Utd to got down, but Watford to beat Chelsea :D

- Chelsea to win premiership, if not Liverpool

- Oxford to get promoted with record points total :D

Well, on Premiership news, Liverpool have bought Bellamy for six million.

Granted he's a good striker, but I think he just had a good last season and he won't play as well the season coming. Plus, is he really Champions League quality?

The other major, probably bigger issue is his attitude. I think he suited Blackburn in that he was the main superstar of the whole team and got all the attention.

Now he's at Liverpool he's going to play second fiddle to the big boys like Gerrard and Alonso, which I think Bellamy won't like. I think that whole issue with Shearer was because he was jealous of how all the Newcastle fans constantly lavished love on Shearer and not him.

Just found out I'm gonna miss the L**ds match at Hillsborough I am not very amused. Although I do like the predictions of United been relegated.

Good first match for us gooners. Can't wait to see the Emirates stadium....its gonna be AMAZING!!!

Our new kit looks much better then I thought as well.

Is this the only pic of it so far?

kitlaunch2006.jpg

I'm glad to see the colour again and everything about it is cool, but the 'Fly Emirates' just seems a tad too big :hmm:

Can't wait to go and buy it the first day its on sale nevertheless.

Heh, just saw this on the Internet. Damn amusing.

A football manager 2005 player applied for the Boro job!

app1.jpg

app2.jpg

app3.jpg

app4.jpg

And the response!

MFC.jpg

LMAO

Nice that they replied in a good way. Some people may have been arseholes and not repleid or told him to get lost.

Is this the only pic of it so far?

kitlaunch2006.jpg

I'm glad to see the colour again and everything about it is cool, but the 'Fly Emirates' just seems a tad too big :hmm:

Can't wait to go and buy it the first day its on sale nevertheless.

Bah, I preferred the Redcurrant, it was different.

So Birmingham away on the first day of the season. They've just signed our best player and it looks like our managers off to hull . :sad::weep:

I hope Colchester beat Birmingham. They entered the Premiership in my good books and left it in my bad books. I don't want to see them in the Premiership again, they just don't belong there.

I'm still so annoyed that McLaren got the England managers job... Beenhakker is a tactical master and would be easy to get. Couple him with a good organiser of men (like Scolari/O'Neil) and the two in charge would do great!

But no. We have to have a "advertisment of English football". Funny that. I thought what with the whole team being English people it already did that...

LMFAO at that letter.

I can't believe that we're already talking about next season. This year has gone so quickly.:weep: