NEurope
Smowza

Matt-IGN leaving Wii channel?

Yap Bozon is doing a good job but still like to read what he says. And its a name associated to nintendo known by hundreads of people all around the world...

After all his talk of finally understanding nintendo's stance on not going HD, the controller being so intuative, loving metroid prime and saying mario galaxy was his game of e3 etc.... he has to be joking right??

DOAX2??........... boobie's are good but thats just taking it too far.

That's not just a goodbye, it's more of an insult. Which makes me believe its just a joke.

Matt Cassamawhatthefuckishisname?? Ign is the most unsymphatetic site i know. If he wants to review the same old same old games then let him.. Not really a visionairy guy if you ask me...motorstorm is one of his favourite games...............That's like exitetruck with better graphics, but with really, really boring gameplay..... Matt Cassama-see-you-later-sperminator.

This is very random and very wierd...and completely unexpected. It's like he heard something totally offputting about Wii lately that's completely put him off Nintendo or something, this is utterly strange, I never expected this ever.

Oh, so you've played MotorStorm hey? Cause it'd be fairly stupid to call a games gamplay "boring" when you havent even played it.

The Wiimote doesnt make or break gameplay, it ehances the way the player interacts with the game...

I think the Wiimote does make or break gameplay in certain games. In a lot of games it will just be an eNhencement but i really think that the wii mote will be a decisive factor in some games.

Motorstorm is a race game. the only extra is that the vehicles will leave their marks on the track. And that is interesting and great, but the rest of the game is just a normal racing game with better looks..

This is very random and very wierd...and completely unexpected. It's like he heard something totally offputting about Wii lately that's completely put him off Nintendo or something, this is utterly strange, I never expected this ever.

You know you could be right. On the comments under his announcement someone mentioned the apparent "June 23rd" announcement. Could there be some (maybe) disappointing news to be announced on Friday?

Matt's been an asshole for years, this can only be a good thing.

Either he's kidding or he's an idiot. Well, he's an idiot anyway. Care level: dangerously low.

EDIT: I didnt actually read what he wrote, now I did. Unfortunately, he's obviously kidding. Damn.

And is there a problem with that formula? No. It probably could benefit from having the Wii-mote attached, but its not on the Wii, so everyone will have to deal with it, but then things like the graphics would probably have to be toned down and MotorStorm is a game that strives to reach photorealistic heights...

Just because the Wiimote is out it doesnt render 360/PS3 games obselete, I myself dont have a problem with the dual-analogue control setup. Plus, nothing beats Steering Wheels on "realistic" racing games, prove me wrong Wii-mote, can't wait for Mario Kart Wii. :p

No, no problem with simple formulas. I like some of those games. But it's hard to believe that Matt chooses Motorstorm and Heavenly sword over MGS4 or Bioshock... IF you choose to go for PS3 games, then Motorstorm wouldn't be the reason to switch in my opinion. Not if you're a big fan of those high quality, intelligent games that Nintendo makes. I think he might be joking.

And again, not that there is anything wrong with simple formula's. I think that Heavanly Sword looks fantastic, but in it's core, it's just a beatifull beat 'm up..

Aha, it was the other IGN editors being funnay. That explains all. I never thought it was him writing that message anyway.

http://blogs.ign.com/Matt-IGN/2006/06/21/22436/p2

here you go, blog removed. just a joke from the guy.(still don't care, but at least i don't have to doubt his intelligence now)

ha, i was just thinking that this guy would read all the messages on the boards when he is back.... HA, a lot of people were actually happy that he was leaving the Nintendo platform.

why did i just read what happened to a stranger..o my xbox360 broke who gives a sh!t

Forgive me if it's a dumb question, but I read the blog entry and don't at all see why it suggests he's leaving the IGN Wii channel. Could someone please enlighten me?

Forgive me if it's a dumb question, but I read the blog entry and don't at all see why it suggests he's leaving the IGN Wii channel. Could someone please enlighten me?

I agree....Doesn't it just say he's on holiday?!?...

Its been edited.

Here's an excerpt from the original blog post.

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/breaking/casamassina-drops-ninty-for-the-360-182466.php

It must be a wind-up. That'll be why he muses in the edited post as to whether he remembered to log out.

Looks like the guys at kotaku got burned pretty well by this IGN prank!

Where's the IGN love maaann....!??!!

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/casamassina/casamassina-reminds-us-hes-an-ass-182527.php

Is it just me, do Kotaku have a serious bee in their bonnet, or is it just more of a huge ego problem on their part?

He's an attention freak obviously. I don't like him, but it'd be a bad thing for someone with his contacts and status to leave IGN Wii.